Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Inactive
Isaac

Isaac was a " child of faith''

Isaac foreshadowed Jesus Christ in several ways : notice the following comparisons of the two:

1. Both were promised from God ( Genesis 17: 19; 18:10; Isaiah7:14; Genesis 3:15)

2. Both promises of birth initially solicited doubt from their mothers ( Genesis 18:12;Luke 1:34 )

3. Both were named by God prior to birth ( Genesis 17:19; Matthew 1:21 )

4. Both births occured at God's appointed time ( Genesis 21: 2; Galatians 4:4 )

5. Both births were miraculous ( one occured from a dead womb , Romans 4:19 and the other without involvement of a human male . Luke 1:26-38 )

6. Both births engendered great joy from their fathers ( Genesis 17: 17; Matthew 3:17)

7. Both were obedient to their fathers , even unto death ( Genesis 22:9, 10; Philippians 2:8 )

8. Both were products of God's grace , which is through faith and is apart from the law ( Hebrews 10:19-23;11:11 )

9. Both were products of God's sovereign will ( Romans 9:10-12; Galatians 4:4 )

Why, thank you Michael .:D

6.gif

Hi Mom
I'm glad you brought this subject up

Gal 4:28-29

28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

This tells me loud and clear that Isaac was born after the spirit of God. That’s why Israel is the children of God as we Gentiles are the adopted children of God as we have been reconciled through him for him and receive the reconciliation of God though Christ.

God bless

Abraham tried to fulfill God's promise in his own strength and birthed an Ishmael who is trouble to this day. Only when he was physically incapable of bringing this to pass did God move as only He gets the glory.

Isaac was a " child of faith''

Isaac forshadowed Jesus Christ in several ways : notice the following comparisons of the two:

1. Both were promised from God ( Genesis 17: 19; 18:10; Isaiah7:14; Genesis 3:15)

2. Both promises of birth initially solicited doubt from their mothers ( Genesis 18:12;Luke 1:34 )

3. Both were named by God prior to birth ( Genesis 17:19; Matthew 1:21 )

4. Both births occured at God's appointed time ( Genesis 21: 2; Galatians 4:4 )

5. Both births were miraculous ( one occured from a dead womb , Romans 4:19 and the other without involvement of a human male . Luke 1:26-38 )

6. Both births engendered great joy from their fathers ( Genesis 17: 17; Matthew 3:17)

7. Both were obedient to their fathers , even unto death ( Genesis 22:9, 10; Philippians 2:8 )

8. Both were products of God's grace , which is through faith and is apart from the law ( Hebrews 10:19-23;11:11 )

9. Both were products of God's sovereign will ( Romans 9:10-12; Galations 4:4 )

10.Both were called beloved
Gen
22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou
lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for
a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Matthew
3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in
whom I am well pleased.

Abraham tried to fulfill God's promise in his own strength and birthed an Ishmael who is trouble to this day. Only when he was physically incapable of bringing this to pass did God move as only He gets the glory.

Yes and that is why we have the muslims who were birthed from this generation.from Ishmeal

Thanks Daniels for those verses awesome . It is so wonderful to learn and I am learning every day.

I also found it interesting that is those days every name has a meaning .

Now I have to go back and see what the name Ishmael means .

Adam .... means man

Enoch ......means teaching or commencement . He was the first of four generations of preachers .

Methuselah ..... means death shall bring and when Methuselah dies the flood came .

Noah...... means to bring relief or comfort.

I wonder what my name means :D Ramsey
I'm pretty sure it's very old ! or maybe it comes from Ramses :( :p
My name in Arabic though is written as "Ramzi" but with Arabic letters :p

I love also how they did not have a family name back then ! :D and it is amazing that each name had a meaning =)
some words even in Hebrew resemble Arabic so some words are familiar to me it's pretty amazing, thanks for this great study Dusty God bless you :)

I also just posted a study on Abraham's life it's very interesting though I have not read it all and it explained Abram and Abraham's name meanings, and also his wife's.
Abram
"Exalted father"
Abraham
"Father of Multitudes"
Sarai
"Princess" or "Chieftainess"
Sarah
"Princess" or "Chieftainess"[1]

Source: Abraham: An Introduction to His Life and Times

Isaac name means ... " child of faith "

Ishmeal name means .... "God hears "

Seth name means .... " appointed"

Enosh name means .... ''Mortal ", frail or miserable

Lamech means " despairing "

The first time God used the word "Fear not " to Abraham.

Do you know why?

Genesis
15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a
vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding
great reward.

1. Abraham , The Servant.

Gen
26:24 And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am
the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and
will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham’s
sake.

2. Abraham, The Prophet.

Gen
20:7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he
shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not,
know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

3. Abraham, The Great intercessor.
Gen
18:22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward
Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.

4. Abraham, The Faithful .

Gen
3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

5. Abraham, The Friend of God.

James
2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God,
and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called
the Friend of God.

6. Abraham, The Righteous.

Gen
15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for
righteousness.

7. Abraham , The exalted Father.

Gen
17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name
shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

you gotta watch with pasting,your own research helps better.there are lots of lies in mass production posts.:eek:

11. Isaac was a usurping second son as a type of Christ as second Adam. Isaac:Christ receive the blessing where Adam:Ishamael do not.

12. Isaac did not receive the promise to be fruitful and multiply which makes him a type of Christ who would die desolate. (Jacob received it from God, not from Isaac.)

13. Isaac and the ram together are a type of Christ in the imagery of the scape goat. The ram dies because of the thickets (cares of the world, according to the parable) and Isaac is set free. It is the ram who sheds his blood.

14. Isaac carries the wood as Christ carried his cross.

15. In the three narratives of the women by the well, Rebeckah is chosen by the Father, Rachel is wooed (kissed, or called by the son, Isaac) and the woman at the well of Sychar (meaning 'intoxicated') is gathered by the Holy Spirit. There is only one bride of Christ, but each story shows the participation of each person of the Godhead in obtaining the bride.

16. Isaac was accompanied by two young men to the sacrifice as Christ was accompanied by two in the cross.

17. Abraham bound Isaac as God bound Christ.

18. In many shadows where there is a threat of death and then no death occurs, it is a type of death and resurrection. Mordecai, Moses, and Joseph are examples. So Isaac's experience is a type of Christ's death and resurrection.

19. Because of Isaac, God changes his description of the children of Abraham from 'dust' to 'stars' and 'sand of the sea'. Dust has no water:word sand of the sea is surrounded by the word (Israel). And the stars in the sky are the lights in the firmament just as the church are lights and Christ is the solid rock between the waters of judgment and the waters of grace.

20. Ge 25:5 And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac, just as all authority has been given to Christ by the Father.

21. In the shadows 4 is the word as revealed by priest, king, judge and prophet. 10 is the dual natured man. Isaac was forty when he took his bride which was after the dual natured man revealed the word of God. Christ took his bride after the dual natured man (Christ) revealed the word of God as king, prophet, priest and judge.

22. In the shadows 6 is the three testimonies of God in heaven and earth as mentioned in 1 John. When Issac was sixty, (when the dual natured man gave full testimony of God, or end of story), he has twin sons who also are a type of Christ. (The story starts again).

were you get 2nd adam,s from.?i never read anything about this.

Thanks for asking.

1 Cor.15.45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

I believe that's what Smelly is asking you. since we're talking about Isaac here.

I thought we we comparing Isaac to Christ. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.

1st Corinthians tells us that Jesus is a second Adam and defines a pattern that is found elsewhere so extensively that you might even call it a theme. Isaac falls into the same pattern and is a part of the same theme. I assumed that everyone was aware of the theme.

The hints that the theme exists are the fact that against all tradition, Isaac and Jacob both get the inheritance as second sons rather than the first son. Why did this occur? Because they are type of Christ as the second man.

In the shadows or types the pattern is very prevalent.

Adam::Christ

Adam = first man Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man Homograph man:Adam [man and Adam are the same word] Context. No man is mentioned being formed prior to Adam.
Adam = earthly man 1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy:.. Gen 2:7 … of the dust of the ground, Synonym earth:dust of the ground

Christ = = second man 1Co 15:47 …the second man is the Lord. Synonym Christ:Lord

Christ = = heavenly man 1Co 15:47 … from heaven. Synonym heavenly:from heaven

Cain::Abel

Cain = first son (of Adam) Ge 4:1 …she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. Context No others mentioned previously

Cain = earthly son Ge 4:2 … but Cain was a tiller of the ground. Synonym earth:ground

Abel = second son (of Adam) Ge 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel… Context. No other mentioned between Cain and Abel

Abel = = heavenly son Mt 23:35 … from the blood of righteous Abel … Synonym heavenly:righteous

Ishmael::Isaac

Ishmael = first son (of Abraham) Ge 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. Context No others mentioned previously

Ishmael =earthly son Deduced: God had promised a son (Isaac) and Ishmael was begotten in the flesh by a handmaid

Isaac =second son Ge 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: ... Context

Isaac = =heavenly son Ge 17:19 …and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. Defined: Inheritance of the covenant is given to the heavenly son Note: Name order reversal suggesting “first shall be last and last shall be first”. Ge 25:9 And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;

Esau::Jacob

Esau = = first son Ge 25:25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau. Defined: first

Esau =earthly son Gen 25:33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. Deduced: Esau did not value the birthright

Jacob = =second son Ge 25:26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau‘s heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them. Context

Jacob =heavenly son Gen 25:33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. Deduced: Jacob valued the birthright

Ruben::Judah

Ruben = = first son Ge 49:3 Reuben, thou art my firstborn,

Ruben **earthly son (* for hidden) Gen 30:14 And Reuben went in the days of wheat harvest, and found mandrakes in the field, Hidden: While he was supposed to be harvesting wheat (heavenly harvest) he was collecting mandrakes (lustful harvest).

Judah =second son Eze 48:31 And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi. Context

Judah = =heavenly son Ge 49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. Defined by the inheritance

Zarah:pharez

Zarah = first son Gen 38:28 And it came to pass, when she travailed, that the one put out his hand: and the midwife took and bound upon his hand a scarlet thread, saying, This came out first.

Zarah **earthly son Hidden: Scarlet thread

Pharez =second son Gen 38: 29 And it came to pass, as he drew back his hand, that, behold, his brother came out: and she said, How hast thou broken forth? this breach be upon thee: therefore his name was called Pharez. Context

Pharez =heavenly son Gen 38: 29 And it came to pass, as he drew back his hand, that, behold, his brother came out: and she said, How hast thou broken forth? this breach be upon thee: therefore his name was called Pharez. Deduced: He usurped the inheritance

Pharez::Hezron

Pharez = = first son 1 Chron 4:1 The sons of Judah; Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal. Defined

Pharez **earthly son Hidden: Pharez was a twin representative of the God-Man. See Tamar::Mary. Here he is both first and second son.

Hezron = =second son 1 Chron 4:1 The sons of Judah; Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal. Defined

Hezron =heavenly son Matt 1:3And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; Deduced: He inherited the promise

Jerahmeel::Ram

Jerahmeel = first son 1Ch 2:9 The sons also of Hezron, that were born unto him; Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai. Defined

Jerahmeel =earthly son Deduced: Lost the inheritance

Ram = =second son 1Ch 2:9 The sons also of Hezron, that were born unto him; Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai. Defined

Ram =heavenly son Matt 1:3And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; Deduced: He inherited the promise

Solomon**Christ

Solomon ** first son (of David) used as a title Ecc 1:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. Hidden: This is the first place “Son of David” is used as a title, rather than as a description of relationship.

Solomon **earthly son Hidden: The book of Ecclesiastes is about the vanity of the earthly world.

Christ **second son (of David) used as a title Matt 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David,… Hidden: This is the second place “Son of David” is used as a title, rather than as a description of relationship.

Christ **heavenly son Hidden: The book of Matthew is about the Kingdom of God

So as you see, Issac fits the pattern as the second son, second man as Christ does.

It was not God's intention that Isaac should be sacrificed ; God would not in any case have human sacrifices used . Another sacrifice is provided.

1..... The person to be offered : Christ was sacrificed in our stead , as this ram instead of Isaac, and his death was our discharge.

2.......The Place :Solomon's Temple , the place of sacrifice , was afterwards built upon this same Mount Moriah. Another hill in the region of Moriah was later called Golgotha ( Mark 15:22) or Calvary.

3........The Manner : Jesus was offered as the lamb, the perfect scrifice who took our sins away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back