Israel's role in the end times

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Israel's role in the end times

wallku9.gif

"What is Israel's role in the end times? Does what is happening in Israel today mean the end times are quickly approaching?"

Every time there is an explosion of conflict in or around Israel, many see it as a sure sign of the quickly approaching end times. The problem with this is that it creates a “boy that cried wolf†syndrome. We may eventually tire of the conflict in Israel, so much so that we will not recognize when true prophetically significant events occur. Conflict in Israel is not necessarily a sign of the end times…allow me to clarify.

Conflict in Israel has been a reality whenever Israel has existed as a nation. Whether it was the Egyptians, Amalekites, Midianites, Moabites, Ammonites, Amorites, Philistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, or Romans – the nation of Israel has always been surrounded by and persecuted by its neighbors. Why is this? According to the Bible, it is because God has a special plan for the nation of Israel, and Satan wants to defeat that plan. Satanically influenced hatred of Israel is the reason that Israel’s neighbors have always wanted to see Israel destroyed. Whether it is Sennacherib, king of Assyria, Haman, official of Persia, Hitler, leader of Nazi Germany, or Ahmadinejad, President of Iran – attempts to ultimately destroy Israel will always fail. The persecutors of Israel will come and go…but the persecution will remain. As a result, conflict in Israel cannot be considered a reliable indicator of the soon arrival of the end times.

At the same time, there will be terrible conflict in Israel during the end times. That is why the time period is known as the Tribulation, the Great Tribulation, and the “time of Jacob’s trouble†(Jeremiah 30:7). Here is what the Bible does say about Israel in the end times:

There will be a mass return of Jews to the land of Israel (Deuteronomy 30:3; Isaiah 43:6; Ezekiel 34:11-13; 36:24; 37:1-14).

The antichrist will make a 7-year covenant of "peace" with Israel (Isaiah 28:18; Daniel 9:27).

The Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 11:1).

The antichrist will break his covenant with Israel. Worldwide persecution of Israel will result (Daniel 9:27; 12:1, 11; Zechariah 11:16; Matthew 24:15, 21; Revelation 12:13). Israel will be invaded (Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

Israel will finally recognize Jesus as the Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered (Jeremiah 33:8; Ezekiel 11:17; Romans 11:26).

There is much turmoil in Israel today. Israel is persecuted, surrounded by enemies – the Palestinians, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, etc. This hatred and persecution of Israel is only a hint of what will happen in the end times (Matthew 24:15-21). Israel has been persecuted since it was reconstituted as a nation in 1948. Many Bible prophecy scholars believed the six-day Arab-Israeli war in 1973 was the "beginning of the end." Could what is taking place in Israel today indicate that the end is near? Yes. Does it necessarily mean the end is near? No. Jesus Himself said it best, "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come" (Matthew 24:4-6).

Reproduced with permission from GotQuestions

It is really sad to see all the christians who are being fooled by this literal Israel-conflict (IMO). Christians who think that God is supporting violence against sivilian and children. The same God who told us to love our enemies and turn the other cheek?

Are all of these end-time prophecies in Scripture regarding Israel and the temple speaking of the literal nation of Jews and a physical building, or is there a deeper spiritual application?

Do you remember when Jesus came the first time? His people misunderstood and misapplied the prophecies regarding His kingdom. They eagerly waited and watched for Him to establish a literal, earthly kingdom. Jesus constantly explained that His first coming was to establish a spiritual kingdom. He said, “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for behold, the kingdom of God is within you” (Luke 17:20, 21).

Remember that the name “Israel” not only referred to Jacob, but also to his descendants—who became Israel. The same principle is seen in the New Testament.
For example, the Lord told the ancient Israelites, “And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation” (Exodus 19:6). In the New Testament, Peter applies these exact words to the church: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people” (1 Peter 2:9).

Likewise, immediately after Paul’s statement in Galatians 3 about Jesus being “the seed,” he then tells his Gentile (a non-Jew) converts, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29). Thus in the New Testament, the name Israel not only applies to Jesus Christ, but also to those who are born in Christ—His Church! In other words, all true Christians are now God’s spiritual Israel.

Paul writes, “They are not all Israel, which are of Israel” (Romans 9:6). How’s that for proof! That is, not all are part of God’s spiritual Israel who are of the literal nation of Israel. Paul continues: “That is, They which are the children of the flesh [physical descendants of Abraham], these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed” (v. 8). The children of the flesh are only natural descendants of Abraham, but the children of the promise are counted as the true seed. Today, any person—Jew or Gentile—can become part of this spiritual nation of Israel through faith in Jesus Christ.

Paul writes, “Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest on the law, and makest thy boast of God. ... For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. Therefore if the uncircumcision [Gentiles] keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? ... For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God” (Romans 2:17, 25, 26, 28, 29).

Did you catch that? The implications are staggering! Someone who is “called a Jew” because he is a physical descendant of Abraham, and yet who lives as a lawbreaker, “is not a Jew”—at least, not in God’s eyes. His “circumcision is made uncircumcision.” It is revoked. Thus to God, he is a Gentile. And a believing Gentile, who through faith keeps “the righteousness of the law,” his uncircumcision is counted for circumcision. Thus to God, he is a Jew.

After the veil in the temple ripped from top to bottom and the early disciples were excommunicated, we find an unusual indifference among the early believers, nearly all Jews, regarding the Jewish temple.

Because they knew Jesus to be the true Lamb of God, and that the Jewish temple was designed to accommodate animal sacrifices, the New Testament writers saw the temple as irrelevant. They recognized the establishment of a new spiritual temple and priesthood. See some amazing Biblical evidence for this below, with our emphasis in bold:
• “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people” (1 Corinthians 3:17, 16).

Sadly, even after God provides all this clear biblical evidence that His temple today is a spiritual one, the church, many Christians are waiting for the Jews to rebuild a physical temple on the site where the mosque of Omar (Dome of the Rock) now sits—also known as the Temple Mount. Yet there is no prophecy, promise, or commandment in the Bible that says the temple would be rebuilt again after the Romans destroyed it. Though it might very well be rebuilt, Jesus’ prophecy that not one stone would sit upon another seemed to be of an extremely final tone.

So what does the verse in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 mean? Simply this: This antichrist power would seat itself over the church of God claiming the worship that belongs only to Jesus Christ.
The new covenant is made “with the house of Israel”! God never makes a salvation covenant with Gentiles. In fact, nowhere in Scripture do you find any saving covenant made with anyone but Israelites! So if you want to be saved, you must be born again as a spiritual Jew. This is not to say that all Christians must now be circumcised and sacrifice lambs, but we must have the spiritual equivalent of these things—Jesus, the Lamb of God (the final sacrifice), and circumcision of the heart.

We are saved based on choices we make regarding God’s provision, not on national status or physical citizenship. But if, when Paul says that “all Israel will be saved,” he is speaking of spiritual Israel, and if we understand that we become a “true Jew” only by a choice, then it all makes sense.

To read the whole article visit:
www.propecycode.com
Choose: watch online: Israels temple in prophecy: Additional study: Spiritual Israel!

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

"Violence against civilians and children"? You must be talking about the deliberate killing of civilians by Hamas and Hezb'allah. You surely cannot mean the misfortune of the civilians ACCIDENTALLY killed by the Israelis.

Are you one of those people who thinks there is moral equivalency between the terrorists and Israel?

Fr. Onesimus:
Are you one of those people who thinks there is moral equivalency between the terrorists and Israel?

In my opinion we should not support the nation Israel in every violence act they commit only because it is Israel. I'm not sure we are to support violence of any kind, especially as the literal Israel is not what we should have our eyes focused on at all, but the spiritual Israel (the true church).
Are the conflict in the middle-east an expression of the commandment Jesus commanded us: to love our enemies and turn the other cheek?

Please read the whole article I quoted from in my first post. It should be a real eye-opener regarding: Who is todays true Israel!

Pray!

That's heavy LA-girl! :eek:

The Apostle Paul speaks about Israel.
Read Romans 11th. chapter.

Many innocent people are suffering and
it seems like mostly Arabs in Israel for the
most part are killed according to what I read
in the newspaper and on the net.

King David in Psalm 122:6 told us "to pray for
the 'peace' of Jerusalem' and the 'Promise' to
those who do this>> they shall prosper that love
thee". Amen! :D

I let God sort out who is His elect and who isn't!

Peace Be Unto You,

WPN-X

The Apostle Paul speaks about Israel.

Read Romans 11th. chapter.

First of all thank you for replying. I think it is really important for all of us to find out what the Bible really says. It is so important that we study his word carefully so that we won't be deceived. Remember the enemy (Satan) will deceive the whole world, so please do not trust what a preacher says, do not trust a biblical view because it is what the majority believes! The only way for us not to be deceived is to study Gods word very carefully.

Now, to the werse you were quoting. Yes, this speaks of the literal nation of Israel. (the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.) v.1. But what Paul is saying here is that the Gentiles should not view the literal Jews and the literal Israel as an enemy. Paul says that we should love the Jews just as much as the Gentiles, not more, not less. We have a responsability to share the gospel with the whole world, not just the Gentiles, but the Jews as well.

For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. verse 16
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. v.21

This means that to God we are all, both Jews and Gentiles the same. Paul is saying to the Gentiles, that since he did not spare the Jews, he will not spare the Gentiles either.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Remember Paul is saying that the Gentiles should not look down on the Jews because they failed to embrace Jesus as the Messiah.

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

How can Paul be any clearer? God has included us all, both Jews and Gentiles. We are all just as worthy, just as holy if we accept Jesus as our saviour and choose to walk with Him!

Don’t forget that “they are not all Israel, which are of Israel” (Romans 9:6). And remember, For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3). Share with others the truth that now “there is neither Jew nor Greek, ... for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:28, 29).

LA Girl: This 'Replacement Theology' is probably one of the more damaging haeresies redivivus in our time. Don't get sucked in to this tripe.

As for 'turn the other cheek' Jesus is speaking about debates, not real bodily injury and killing. That's why the same 'gentle Jesus' COMMANDED His disciples to get swords! What do you suppose they used those swords for...BACK SCRATCHERS???

No. No. No. Pacifism is NOT a Christian doctrine.

As for supporting violence. God Himself tells us we must defend the innocent against the wicked. This is exactly what Israel is doing.

Again I ask: Are you one who sees a moral equivalencey between Hezb'allah's deliberate murder of civilians, and the 'collateral damage' which still happens when Israel goes to GREAT PAINS to NOT KILL CIVILIANS?

How very broad such a moral vision must be..............

Gods promises to Abram...

1. I will make you a great nation"

2. "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you."

3. "In you all the families of the earth shall be blessed" (Genesis 12:2,3)

4. . "All the land which you see I give to you and your descendants for ever."

5. "I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth" (great in number, Genesis 13:16).

6. "I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you."

7. "I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you ... to be God to you and your descendants" (Genesis 17:6-8).

*****Why are the Jews Gods "Chosen" People? God had a great regard for the faithfulness of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

*****The Jews were chosen, "because he loved your fathers, therefore he chose their descendants" (Deuteronomy 4:37).

God said: "Understand that the LORD your God is not giving you this good land to possess because of your righteousness, for you are a stiff-necked people" (9:6).
Nothing had changed centuries later, when they crucified God's Son, Jesus Christ (Acts 7:51).
However, by working through one special people, God was able to draw attention to His character and purpose with the earth. He said to Moses:

"For this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show my power in you, and that my name may be declared in all the earth" (Exodus 9:6).
This was vitally important, for God later said:
"But truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord" (Numbers 14:21).
This wonderful promise will be fulfilled after Jesus Christ returns to the earth.

Though scattered and persecuted, the Jews still exist as a nation. That is because God promised: "I will save you from afar ...

I will not make a complete end of you" (Jeremiah 30:10,11).

Many Bible passages speak of Israel being regathered to their own land (Jeremiah 31:10; Ezekiel 36:24-28).

Many more talk about Jesus coming as king (Psalm 72; Acts 1:11). Our five "golden keys" work together to unlock God's message about "The Jews in God's Purpose".
Yes, God's salvation is also offered to Gentiles (non-Jews). Jesus will rule the world from Jerusalem.

"The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory" (Isaiah 62:2). And it all comes down to this verse....notice there is no stipulations here By God..Ill choose you if...nope....

"For thou art an Holy people unto the Lord thy God, the Lord Thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are on the face of the earth"

"For thou art an Holy people unto the Lord thy God, the Lord Thy God hath chosen thee to be a "peculiar" people unto himself, above all people that are on the face of the earth"

peculiar from the hebrew Dictionary for the word "seg-ool-law"' or "hllgo" MEans "valued property" they belong to God

God Bless
Love123

The Holy City, New Jerusalem

Rev 21:2 And I John saw..... The Holy City, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Galatians 4:25-26 ...Hebrews 12:22 one is earthy and the home of the believers during the Millennial period.

The other is heavenly as the New Jerusalem or Celestial City hover over the earth during the thousand year millennial reign of Christ and then becomes situated eternally upon earth at the end of the thousand year period.

Revelation 21:1-8 actually follows 21:9 -22:15. This is one time the chronological outline of the book of Revelation is different.

God Bless
Love123

What legal restrictions and great sufferings have been imposed upon Jews over the ages?

Do the Gentiles wear the same badge as a Jew?

The New Holy City of the New Jerusalem.............will be in Jerusalem........

Not the USA...................which is believed to be political Babylon of Revelation.

Rev18. Chapter 18------ In the next twenty four verses. We witness the destruction of political Babylon. This Babylon is different from the one just discussed. Chapter 17 concerned religious Babylon, whereas chapter 18 pictures political or commercial Babylon.

Religious Babylon was called ...mystery Babylon... but commercial Babylon is referred to as... Babylon the great... Religious Babylon was presented as a woman or a mother, while commercial Babylon is portrayed as a city – a great city a might city and eventually a burning city. Reglious Babylon was situated on seven hills, whereas political Babylon is visible from the *seas (see verse 17, 18 and 21).

Religious Babylon was destroyed by the kings of he earth (17:16) but political Babylon will be destroyed by horrendous judgments from the hand of God.
When religious Babylon was destroyed he kings rejoiced. When poetical Babylon is demolished, however, the kings and merchants of he earth lament and weep for her
(18:9, 15).

The 144,000 represent the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
Juda, Reuben, Gad, Aser, Nepthalim, Manasses, Simeon, Levi, Issachar, Zebulon, Joseph and Benjamin...
Jewish names .........head up Jewish Tribes in a Jewish Nation- Israel.

Rev21:12)It had a great, high wall with...(12) twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.

When we walk through A Gate of Pearl in The Holy City of THE NEW JERUSALEM; we will pass by a Name
Of one of the twelve tribes of Israel.

God thinks the Jews are pretty special don’t you think?

God has two elect groups upon earth --

Israel (Romans 11:28) and the Church (1 Peter 1:2). The signs of Matthew 24 are presented to elect Israel.

We know this to be true because of the regard for the Sabbath Day (vs. 20), synagogues (Luke 21:12), and because the setting is Jerusalem (vs. 20).

These signs are for Israel who is looking for the return of her King in Revelation 19. They are not signposts for the Rapture.

The gospel mentioned in Matthew 24:24 is the gospel of the kingdom that the King is about to return (Revelation 19:16)

Although the signs are completely fulfilled after the Christians are gone, we already see the beginnings of every on of these prophecies (Luke 21:28).

Matthew 24 is spoken to Israel rather than the Church. The signs are not pre-Rapture signals but post-Rapture signposts for Israel.

They point to the coming of Christ to this earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Revelation 19:11-16).

Defending is not wrong!

LA Girl: This 'Replacement Theology' is probably one of the more damaging haeresies redivivus in our time. Don't get sucked in to this tripe.

As for 'turn the other cheek' Jesus is speaking about debates, not real bodily injury and killing. That's why the same 'gentle Jesus' COMMANDED His disciples to get swords! What do you suppose they used those swords for...BACK SCRATCHERS???

No. No. No. Pacifism is NOT a Christian doctrine.

As for supporting violence. God Himself tells us we must defend the innocent against the wicked. This is exactly what Israel is doing.

Again I ask: Are you one who sees a moral equivalencey between Hezb'allah's deliberate murder of civilians, and the 'collateral damage' which still happens when Israel goes to GREAT PAINS to NOT KILL CIVILIANS?

How very broad such a moral vision must be..............

Amen Fr. Onesimus,

I remember the late and wonderful bible teacher Zola Levitt expounding on 'Replacement Theology' and how the 'Church' doesn't understand the 'Jewishness' of the scriptures! :D

Jesus telling His disciples to go and buy the 'swords' Luke 22:36-38
is exactly for their self-defense.

I knew some Christians who got robbed and beat up who I later trained in Krav Maga. They said they, "thought' turning the other 'cheek' was give your wallet and 'hope' you don't get your head smashed in"! :eek:

The way I see it, Hezbollah are murdering and Israel is defending itself! :mad:

Terrorism is carried out not by some shadowy group that the Palestinian leader can disavow, however disingenuously. This is Hamas in action—the group that was recently elected to lead the Palestinians. At least there is now truth in advertising: a Palestinian government openly committed to terrorism and to the destruction of a member state of the U.N. openly uses terrorism to carry on its war.

We are to love our enemies, to show as Christians the difference from their 'hate' of Christianity to our benevolence prompted from our love of God!
But, the Word of God is 'balanced' Proverbs 11:1. We need as Israel at times to 'defend' ourselves and have the enemies of God and freedome to be destroyed!

Look what David said of 'his' enemies!:eek:
Psalms 18:39: For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

Psalms 18:40: Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.

Psalms 18:41: They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.

Psalms 18:42: Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.

Peace Be Unto You All,
Sean Castle

A careful study of the Bible reveals that those promises of the Old Testament were not unconditional promises at all. Repeatedly, the nation of Israel was warned of the dire consequences of disobedience. Both blessing and curse were set before them, depending on obedience or disobedience. Because of continued patterns of rebellion, God allowed them to be decimated and scattered into Babylonian captivity for seventy years. Many prophets were raised up by God to foretell their return from that captivity. Modern commentators have made the mistake of applying those prophecies of restoration to some future gathering of Israel. They refuse to see that the restoration spoken of by Isaiah and Jeremiah has already taken place.

There is neither time nor space to record here a fraction of the graphic threats of rejection made to Israel. Over and over God gave warnings like this: "And if thou wilt ... do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments: Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever ... But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments ... Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people." 1 Kings 9:4-7.

Finally, as related through the prophet Daniel, God allotted a probationary period of 490 years for the Jewish people to see what they would do about the Messiah (Daniel 9:24). That prophetic time period of 70 weeks (a day for a year, Ezekiel 4:6) began with the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem (Artaxerxes' decree in 457 B.C., Ezra 7:11) and ended in 34 A.D. In that same year the gospel began to go to the Gentiles, Stephen was stoned, and Paul went forth to begin his unique ministry to the non-Jews. The occasion marked the formal and final separation of Israel from its covenant relationship.

Jesus had explained to the Jewish leaders in the clearest possible language that their rejection of Him would seal their own rejection as the children of the kingdom. "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the the fruits thereof."
Matthew 21:43.

There is no mystery as to why the hundreds of specific Old Testament promises were never fulfilled to Israel. They utterly failed to meet the conditions of obedience. Otherwise, they would have inherited the earth, been delivered from all their enemies, and made Jerusalem the worship center for all nations.

The big question is this: Will God's promises fail just because the literal descendants of Abraham did not meet the terms of the covenant? Were the promises transferred to that other "nation" to whom Jesus said the kingdom would be given? Or must we still put our faith in some future turnaround that will restore national Israel to the divine favor? All those points will be completely clarified the moment we establish one basic rule of biblical interpretation. Without this principle in mind no one can properly understand the books of Daniel and Revelation, nor can we identify the true Israel of today.

Here is the rule: There is a primary, local, literal application of prophecy which symbolizes a future, worldwide, spiritual application. By applying this principle to the Old Testament Scriptures there is absolutely no confusion as to the place of Israel in prophecy and history.

All the glorious promises were primarily aimed toward immediate blessings that God wanted to bestow on the nation. But in a secondary sense they pointed forward to a larger spiritual fulfillment on a worldwide level. Even though the local fulfillment failed when Israel failed to be faithful, the promises were never nullified or withdrawn. They will be honored but only to that "nation" which Jesus said must replace the Jews as receivers of the kingdom. Who is that nation and people? The New Testament is saturated with the most explicit statements as to who the new Israel is.

Peter describes those "which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God" in these words: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9, 10. Here is the new nation which replaces the nation of Israel. The Gentiles who will receive the true Messiah now enter into the New Covenant, ratified by the blood of the cross, and become the true spiritual Israel of God. They who were not God's people become His "holy nation."

Will they receive the very same promises that were given to Abraham's descendants? Indeed, the Bible says that they are counted as the actual seed of Abraham. "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3:29. Paul makes it even clearer in Romans 9:8. "They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Again, Paul wrote, "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart." Romans 2:28, 29.

Notice that true Israel will be characterized by circumcision of the heart and not of the flesh. What is heart circumcision? "Ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ." Colossians 2:11. Don't miss the significance of that text. Just as the Old Covenant was represented by the cutting off of the physical flesh, so the New Covenant would be exemplied by the cutting off of the fleshly nature of sin. In other words, all who accept Christ and are born again are the truly circumcised and the only true Jews. And according to Paul they also will inherit the promises made to Abraham.

After the crucifixion of Christ, there is not one indication that the literal Jews were accorded any recognition as the children of God. It is true that the door was left open through the preaching of the apostles until 34 A.D., the end of Daniel's seventy-week prophecy. But from that time on no recognition is given to Israel as a nation. Israel henceforth is God's people, made up of all those who accept the Saviour, whether Jew or Gentile. The Old Testament imagery and terminology is still used, especially in the book of Revelation, but Israel is now the church.

So we can see that there was no failure of the promises at all. They simply were transferred to the true spiritual Israel, which is the church, made up of all true believers in Christ. And the things that will happen to the church spiritually were foreshadowed by what happened to ancient Israel in a literal sense.

For the full article:
http://www.amazingfacts.org/items/Read_Media.asp?ID=647

READ IT AND ACCEPT IT OR REJECT IT! IT'S UP TO YOU!

1 Pet. 2.21ff. Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered threatened not; but committed himself to him that judges righteously.

Matthew 26.47 And while [Jesus] was still talking, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a band armed with swords and sticks, from the chief priests and those in authority over the people. 48 Now the false one had given them a sign saying, The one to whom I give a kiss, that is he: take him. 49 And straight away he came to Jesus and said, Master! and gave him a kiss. 50 And Jesus said to him, Friend, do that for which you have come. Then they came and put hands on Jesus, and took him. 51 And one of those who were with Jesus put out his hand, and took out his sword and gave the servant of the high priest a blow, cutting off his ear. 52 Then says Jesus to him, Put up your sword again into its place: for all those who take the sword will come to death by the sword. 53 Does it not seem possible to you that if I make request to my Father he will even now send me an army of angels? (BBE)

John 18.36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (KJV)

John 12. 47. I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Luke 9. 54 f. When his disciples saw this, they said, Lord, would you that we bid fire to come down from heaven, and consume them? But he turned and rebuked them.

1 Cor. 4. 12. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; being defamed, we intreat.

Luke 6. 27 f. Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, bless them that curse you, pray for them that despitefully use you.

Rom. 10. 12. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him.

Gal. 3. 28. There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male or female: for you are all one man in Christ Jesus.

Col. 3.11 There cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all.

2 Cor. 10. 3-5. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the casting down of strong holds ; casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

Mt 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Lu 6:27 But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also;

Lu 6:35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.

Mt 5:39 But I say to you, Do not make use of force against an evil man; but to him who gives you a blow on the right side of your face let the left be turned.

Question?

I am sorry I can not find the supportive video clip I viewed online after the Israeli bomb killed Lebanese Civilians: women and children.

The spokesperson for ISRAELI FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTRY was very moving in defending the actions of Israel.

As he said; we warned we were going to bomb necessary site.......and we warned for them to move civilians out. The Lebanese people are not our targets. Our targets are Hezbollah. We‘ve been successful in reducing the number of missiles, incoming missiles coming into Israel.
He went on to say: we are sorrowful when one Lebanese child dies needlessly.

I wish the Lebanese loved their children as much as they hate Jews.
When our Jewish children die...........they are thankful another Jew is kept from reproducing.

They did this on purpose to make us look evil; this is their tactic to make the world look at us with disgust for our action.

We warned them and they kept those civilians there for this purpose.

These are the facts stated in the video clip; as I recall them.
I believe Israel has heart as well need to defend itself.

If anyone knows of the clip I am referring to .......it would be good to hear your thoughts as to; Do you believe Israel’s intent was not to kill civilians and did forewarn?

God Bless
Love123

MASONIC JEWS PLOT TO CONTROL THE WORLD!

* Former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly stated (see the Israeli publication Shishi, Spring 1994) that he was initiated into the Masonic Lodge while in the United States. The La Republica newspaper stated that Prime Minister Yitzak Rabin was active in Masonry and estimated there are 4,000 Israeli Freemasons, divided into 76 lodges. Most Israeli judges and religious figures are Masons. Rothschild-supported Hebrew University in Israel has erected an Egyptian obelisk, symbol of Freemasonry, in its courtyard, and inside the new Israeli Supreme Court building is a law library architecturally designed in the shape of an Egyptian pyramid.

The Jewish cabalistic nature of Masonry is demonstrated by the Lodge's odd view of evil. Pike writes: "The true name of Satan, the Kabalists say, is that of Yahweh reversed; for Satan is not a black god, but the negation of God...For the Initiates, this is not a Person, but a Force, created for good, but which may serve for evil. It is the instrument of Liberty and Free Will."

Intimating that the antichrist, the one whom the Bible warns shall have the unholy, combined triple number 666, is the one whom the Masons (Jews) await and shall recognize as their Messiah, Pike cryptically refers to the "Triple Secret of the Great Work."

Some quotes from freemasonry literature:

MORALS and DOGMA of FREEMASONRY

" Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay (the God of the Christians)is also God. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two Gods : darkness being necessary to light to serve as its foil as the pedestal is necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.

'The Secret Doctrine'

"Lucifer represents..Life..Thought..Progress..Civilization..Liberty.. Independance..Lucifer is the Logos..the Serpent, the Savior." on pages 171, 225, 255 (Volume II)

"It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God." pages 215, 216, 220, 245, 255, 533, (VI)

ad_jerusalem_post.gif

The Jews to Become Christ and God CollectivelyThe Zionist Messiah will confide that it is God's Chosen People, the Jews, who collectively are "Christ." According to the Kabbala and the Zohar, the Jews created "God" in their image and, in turn, this "God" of the Jews is the reflected image of divine man (the Jews) himself, for Jews are said to be "partakers of the Divine Nature."

This, then, is the ages-old, two-fold goal and final secret mystery of the Masons: First, through the worship of Mammon-Ra, god of forces (Daniel 11:39) and of money and riches, is to come the synthesis of all religions, superintended by a Jewish Messiah. Then will come a Jewish Utopia: World Government, of the Jews, by the Jews, and for the Jews, forever and ever. Amen.

http://www.texemarrs.com/042003/masonic_jews_plot_world_control.htm

They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation"

They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation
so that Israel's name will no longer be remembered." Psalm 83:4

Psalm 83 Holman Christian Standard Bible
Prayer against Enemies
A song. A psalm of Asaph.

1 God, do not keep silent.
Do not be deaf, God, do not be idle.
2 See how Your enemies make an uproar;
those who hate You have acted arrogantly.
3 They devise clever schemes against Your people;
they conspire against Your treasured ones.
4 They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation
so that Israel's name will no longer be remembered."
5 For they have conspired with one mind;
they form an alliance against You--
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek,
Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them;
they lend support to the sons of Lot. Selah

9 Deal with them as [You did] with Midian,
as [You did] with Sisera
and Jabin at the Kishon River.
10 They were destroyed at En-dor;
they became manure for the ground.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
and all their tribal leaders like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12 who said, "Let us seize God's pastures for ourselves."

13 Make them like tumbleweed, my God,
like straw before the wind.
14 As fire burns a forest,
as a flame blazes through mountains,
15 so pursue them with Your tempest
and terrify them with Your storm.
16 Cover their faces with shame
so that they will seek Your name, Lord.
17 Let them be put to shame and terrified forever;
let them perish in disgrace.
18 May they know that You alone--
whose name is Yahweh--
are the Most High over all the earth.

Genesis 12:1-3
Now the LORD had said unto Abram...And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will BLESS them that bless thee, and CURSE him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Emphasis added.]

Replacement theology - damaging, heretical tripe

This 'Replacement Theology' is probably one of the more damaging haeresies redivivus in our time. Don't get sucked in to this tripe.

I agree! 'Replacement Theology' is dangerous heresy. It is tripe (something poor, worthless, or offensive).

Replacement theology puts all the curses on Israel and all the blessings on the church.

What is wrong with this picture?

Peace,
JohnMark

Replacement theology incompatible with literal interpretation

This 'Replacement Theology' is probably one of the more damaging haeresies redivivus in our time. Don't get sucked in to this tripe.

Replacement Theology

'An important aspect of the Latter Rain, and all of the Kingdom/Dominion type theologies...is they have decided that whenever the Bible says ''Israel'' it ''really means'' the church: they believe Israel has been permanantly set aside by God and its place has been given to the church, which has inherited every promise God made to Israel as a nation.

'Incompatible with Literal Interpretation.

'There are several results to this theology. First of all, it is not biblical, so one has to depart from the Bible to support it or ''spiritualize'' the plain meaning of the Bible to mean something else. You cannot believe in replacement theology and literal interpretation of the Bible: they are opposed.

'Scriptures ''Spiritualized''.

'When the scriptures are spiritualized to support replacement theology, the Old Testament and the New lose their distinctions, and the Bible becomes a confusing jumble of impossible symbolism with no central, guiding purpose- an unfinished story that just stops unresolved right in the middle- no wonder they feel a need for present day prophets and seers. One is required to believe utter absurdities, like that we are currently in the Millenial Kingdom and Satan is bound (Rev 20:2).

'When the Bible is read in its normal sense, however, the scriptures come together into a complete story that flows beautifully and makes sense.

'Yes, Israel rejected their Messiah when He came, but that is not the end of their story! The story has yet to come to the beautiful and appropriate end God has determined from the beginning: full reconciliation and the promised earthly kingdom for Israel.

'What the Scriptures Actually Teach.

'The nation of Israel rejected their Messiah when He came (as we can be sure any other nation in their place would have done, just as any of us would have committed the same sin as Adam and Eve if we had been in the garden). As a result, God turned His grace to the Gentiles. The day is coming, however, when in a time of affliction the nation of Israel will realize this was a mistake, and that Jesus was their Messiah after all. They will call on Him to forgive and return to them. He has promised that at that time, He will certainly do so, and it is then that He will literally fulfill all of the promises made to them concerning the kingdom promised. This is what the Bible teaches, this was prophesied long before Jesus came the first time, and Satan understands this. This is what motivates him to try to destroy the nation of Israel before this prophecy can be fulfilled, just as he tried futilely to destroy them before Christ's first coming could be fulfilled.

'Follow these prophetic scriptures:

'Dt 4:30-31, ''When you [Israel] are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days, you will return to the LORD your God and listen to His voice. For the Lord your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them.''

'Zec 12:10, ''And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.''

'Matt 23:37-39, ''O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! For I say to you, from now on you shall not see Me until you say, 'blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!'''

'Acts 3:12, 19-21 ''When Peter saw this, he replied to the people, ''Men of Israel ...Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.''

'Hosea 5:15- 6:3 ''I will go away and return to My place until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me. 'Come, let us return to the LORD. For He has torn us, but He will heal us; He has wounded us, but He will bandage us. He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day that we may live before Him. So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth.'''

To read more go to:
www.apologeticsindex.org/r06a50.html

Back