It’s All About Faith

Well, to me, faith is everything, and the only thing we can do. It starts our journey with the Lord and it shapes our lives through obedience via faith in action (not going into a bar, eating this or that, telling a specifically directed person, etc) and faith builds on faith.

I'm in agreement with you on all except what I have placed in bold, for me those kinds of situations fall into the integrity category, I have made a decision about certain things and I will not do them or participate in them because it would put in jeopardy how others might see me, ruin my integrity as how others would see me as a Christ follower.

Blessings,

Gene

The other side of that coin is legalism, don't do this, don't touch that, which will ultimately lead to deception, ...we are free in Christ, I can do anything I want (some call it cheap grace), but I don't exercise my liberty because it could nullify my integrity.

I thought he was using it as an example of what motivates others for some kind of action or transaction.
In this context, faith would move God to exact an exchange for or faith as would currency to exact a transaction from a person.
That was what I was thinking but I didn't know for sure, just a guess.

Gene.........I have meant to ask you how have you been. I have not heard from you in awhile and now I see you have returned.
You must have been busy??? I hope so. Busy means you made the rent this month!!

I think we are saying the same thing, it's just he has a way of describing things that the people that are accustomed to his teaching understand his symbolism, whereas he being relative new here, we haven't become accustomed to them yet, he has used descriptions of things that I have heard before in other places on the net so I have sort of a clue of what he is making a reference too.

Like I said, I believe how much faith we have will be our locomotion in Eternity, determining how far we can travel from home, as for currency..., I view that as our rewards that we work for, the crowns we will receive, I believe how many crowns we will receive will determine our ability to enjoy Eternity, everyone will be joyous there, but some more than others, which I believe was the message behind Jesus' teaching on the talents, ...when I was a baby my great joy was to pull lids out of the the bottom drawer of the stove and let them drop on the floor to hear them clang, however, when my baby girl started doing the same thing I would encourage her and even participate with her, but my ultimate joy was the dragster sitting in the garage, ...I could participate with her in her joyous moment, I could go to her level, but she couldn't participate with me in mine, that's what I believe is the teaching on rewards, and of course we must work in faith and in faith hearing what Father has told us to do, ...which reverts back to what I said previously, walking in faith is doing what Father has told us to do, ...not doing something which would destroy the credibility of our faith in Christ is integrity, ...I believe faith and rewards go hand in hand.

Where have I been, super busy, too busy, but that has nothing to do with making the rent, LOL, my Father takes care of that, I'm super busy walking that second, third, fourth mile like Jesus told me too.

Blessings,

Gene

Back