I've Never Felt God's Presence And I've Been Saved For 3 Yrs : / Is There Something Wrong?

Maybe a couple of things eg. I think I cope OK with being a bit of a loner I'd disagree with but thanks. Little Flower. I am feeling a little bit better today.

Not a hymn and I may have given in the past here but if you can, join me with this
Dear jonbanjo,

I am very glad that you feel a little bit better today. I was praying for you and had a feeling that Jesus would grant me my request. You know, He has so often answered my prayers. Not only when I ask Him for little things, but also when I do not know which way to go, Jesus always answers. Did you try to ask Him to show you the way? I am so sure that He will!!

To be honest, I do not really understand the rest of your written message. But maybe it is Irish slang.
And I saw the video. Is it you who sings with the ladies?
It is a nice song. Irish music always has a mystical and melancholical nuance I think.
It's a very nice performance.

So, try to carry on. Even if 'hard times come again'.
Love, little flower

Just a note on the song, Little Flower. That version does have an Irish feel to it but the song is definitely American. It was written by Stephen Foster. I didn't mean it was me singing on that video - I'm not that good! I don't have an Irish accent either. Here is my own voice. http://jonbanjo.com/willymoore.mp3

(I've been taking it for granted you would know of Stephen Foster but just in case http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Foster) He's best known for "My Old Kentucky Home, Way down upon the Swanee River, etc. but did write other things. I can only find this one as separate files, a midi on this page http://www.pdmusic.org/foster.html and the text here http://www.pdmusic.org/foster/scf63j10.txt

When my mother's hands are o'er me spread,
As I kneel, humbly praying by her knee;
When her gentle voice is round me shed,
Then the angels are singing unto me.

CHORUS
Music from above!
Strains of joy and love!
When my soul is fill'd with melody,
Then the angels are singing unto me.

(etc.)

Dear jonbanjo,

I liked your own singing. So you are more the bass voice. And you sang 'a Capella', which is pretty challenging. Great performance. Only the text was quite sad.
And your quoted verses of the other song made me think of my mother and my childhood.
I often sang with my daddy and my mom. All three in different scales. My mom played the piano. I often play it, too, but only to remember my childhood.
God gave us the ability to make music as a special gift. I am very thankful for that.
The church song is a good example of comforting music.

So, thank you for sharing, and may you find Jesus' hand guiding you.
Love, little flower

Drifting along way here LittleFlower but my mum also plays the piano. (I try mandolin and things but not piano is not one I play).
My father wasn't really into it and as a kid, songs round the piano were familiar. I'm guessing you are American so here's one for you
my mother had a book called the Golden Carol Book.
Can you imagine three maybe 4 (my youngest brother was a bit young) singing the Cowboy Carol (Yea yippee we're gonna ride the trail!). This (us singing round the piano) was in Wales in say the late 60s and I'm English...

Mum damaged her shoulder but still could get through playing hymbooks. When she learned, "Hymns Ancient and Modern" was considered a good way of learning sight reading and different keys, etc. maybe still is? Hymns Old And New is a favourite of hers these days. She also taught me of Sanky and Moody and about Fanny Crosby.

Hey, that is sheer unbelievable!
Listen, dear jonbanjo, this last song is from the singer I was so much in love with when I was a child myself. On that cover picture Heintje must have been about ten years old. And my grandmother had an album of him of that age which I listened to every day. I remember when grandmother wasn't looking that I took the cover and put a little kiss on it. I liked his voice so very much. Especially the song about his beloved "Oma" which means grandma. This song above I did not know. Didn't even know that he sang in English.
Thank you very much. It makes this sunny day even more beautiful. Praise Jesus!
little flower

Wow, someone must have pointed me to the right one when I looked up Cowboy Carol on YouTube to find a version I liked. Born in 1960, I perhaps an of an age where I ought to remeber Heintje but he escapes my memory and I had to google to find http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heintje_Simons

I'm so glad I seem have been pointed to something that brings some happy memories for you!

Btw, LittleFlower, I'd guessed at you being American but you knowing of Heinjte and not knowing he sang in English makes me wonder if I'd guessed wrongly. I think possibly the first (to me and count me in as having heard Welsh without speaking it) foriegn language song I remember well was Dominique

N'est-ce pas gentil?
Merci beaucoup!

But I really think that we should not further hijack pancakes' thread.
Although the music and nice memories of how much God loved us in the past already, have also been a feeling of His presence for me. Thus maybe we did not totally miss the point. :)

Thank you again, jonbanjo. May God bless you, little flower

Opps. Sorry Pancakes. I wasn't thinking... I don't really know how to answer your question for you. I think some of us really do struggle with Christ and when we look round at others experiences and apparent joys feel somehow left out. I think he knows our failures and despairing feeling that something is wrong and we don't know how to put it right however hard we try to analyze and we (at least I - I'm not saying it's the same with you) some day's just see a black hole and He doesn't care for you. I may be off the mark here but I do feel motivated to post this. I can fail to do this but even in your most doubting times try to think of this and try (I find it really hard) that somehow He does keep hold of you and will see you through.

You may, I pray, at least in some sense feeling Him holding your hand with this one.

That's a wonderful song. Almost too much. It's like Jesus singing Himself. Makes me cry.
How much I miss Him!

I don't play, "He said, she said." There is no proof in the Bible that God talks to people after the death of the last apostle.
If there is no proof he did, your statement is wrong.
Can someone please find something that either backs up his statement or not? Y'all know as a baby Christian I can often get swayed by false information so I need some proof that this is or isn't true. Thank you!

wow.....You are are in you are in your in you are in your own world......Bye bye !!!!
Rusty, I know you are done with the conversation with Domenic, but for my piece of mind could you please provide me with something that is proof that God speaks to people after the death of the last apostle? I'm thinking it's the holy spirit but could you provide those scriptures? Thank you.

wow.....You are are in you are in your in you are in your own world......Bye bye !!!!
Dear Rusty,

please don't be angry with Domenic.
When you look to his introduction, you'll see that he said he would sound sometimes harsh, but that he doesn't mean to be so.

And his open question if God still speaks to us is quite worthwhile thinking of. Don't you think so?
Domenic is older than my father according to his own words. So different generations might express themselves with different words.

Love, little flower

I found 3 scriptures that might tell us that God still speaks to us.

1. "Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name. When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them." (Psalm 91:14,15)

2."But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)

So God's answer is made known to us by remembering His Word, which the Holy Spirit puts on our mind. This of course can only be done, if we are interested in God's Word and read it, so that we can be reminded.

3. "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John14:14)

I so often asked Jesus for something, and he always, really always answered me.

Thus, when Jesus said, "I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Mat. 28:20), he surely knew how He would make us know that He is with us, namely through the Spirit and through granted requests.

The Greek definition of apostle is 'one who is sent on a mission'. Anyone who is on a mission for Jesus is His apostle. I assume Domenic assumes the last apostle was Paul, but then he is ignoring 1 Peter 2:9 and the application of the definition 'apostle' to the line ''God's special possession, that you may declare the praises'' and the popular Matt 28:19 (unless you assume evangelising should end with the 12 disciples or Paul ?><?).

God speaks to His sheep, John 10:27. Sure the early apostles were His sheep, just as we are...

Domenic, do you care to explain the difference between us and Paul?

Dear Domenic,

please forgive me for having chosen the wrong words!
In no (!) way do I think that you "are too old to reason clearly". I did never mean that !!!!!!

Actually you are reasoning very much better than I would even think I could.

I just wanted to say that we should not be angry at one another.

I am so very much sorry if I hurt your feelings!
I am just too stupid for posting here, I think.
Please forgive me.

Love little flower

Help!
Domenic vanished!
I had so many questions, but he just vanished 2 minutes ago!

Back