Jeremiah 1:5

@Abdicate are you trying to make me believe that the desires of my heart is the same as the plan of God from your last statement?

So If I tell you that I want to be richer than bill gates,is that not my heart desire?

If I tell you that I want to be more famous than Micheal Jackson,is that not my heart desires?

If Yes,then are they God's plan for me?

Are you trying to make me believe that my desire to be richer than bill gates and more famous than Micheal Jackson are not my heart desires?
Out of all that, that's all you got? Those are fleshly desires, not one who is delighting in God. Christians listen to those prosperity and think they can have whatever they want. God doesn't work that way, sorry. Spit in one hand and demand of God the desires of your heart and see which gets filled first. He wants your heart. He wants your trust. He wants your obedience. THEN when YOUR heart changes to wanting GOD and HIM alone, He'll give you the desires of your heart. OH GOD HELP US SEEK YOU!!! :cry:

Love is the answer. Love is the purpose. Forced love is not love. We choose to love someone, we choose to love God. God's love is unconditional, unfailing, and unchanging. You seem to be applying your wisdom to match that of God's. Our finite minds cannot comprehend an infinite God.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5-6‬ NLT)

For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭55‬:‭9‬ NLT)

Ok noted,what If i told you that I Am doing God's will because I Am afraid of going to hell? Is that forced love or not? What does conditional love means?

Out of all that, that's all you got? Those are fleshly desires, not one who is delighting in God. Christians listen to those prosperity and think they can have whatever they want. God doesn't work that way, sorry. Spit in one hand and demand of God the desires of your heart and see which gets filled first. He wants your heart. He wants your trust. He wants your obedience. THEN when YOUR heart changes to wanting GOD and HIM alone, He'll give you the desires of your heart. OH GOD HELP US SEEK YOU!!! :cry:

It seems we don't agree on the defination of the desires of my heart. When you say God will grant me my heart desires,do you mean that He will make me the Richest and most famous man on earth If I should obey God?

It seems we don't agree on the defination of the desires of my heart. When you say God will grant me my heart desires,do you mean that He will make me the Richest and most famous man on earth If I should obey God?

No. It means He places new desires in our hearts.

Ok noted,what If i told you that I Am doing God's will because I Am afraid of going to hell? Is that forced love or not? What does conditional love means?
I would tell you to read John 3:16, if you're afraid of going to hell you may have missed the good news.
If your doing (what you think is) God's will out if fear, then it's not love at all. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. (‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭18‬ NLT)
Nothing we can do will make God love us any more or less. We all too often love others only if they meet our standards.

I would tell you to read John 3:16, if you're afraid of going to hell you may have missed the good news.
If your doing (what you think is) God's will out if fear, then it's not love at all. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. (‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭18‬ NLT)
Nothing we can do will make God love us any more or less. We all too often love others only if they meet our standards.

Can you teach me how I can love God without fear?
Each time I read the book of revelation, a great amount of fear grips my soul that I consciously decide to do God's will,because I Am afraid of hell, because I don't want to be tormented by a 7 headed lion/eagle monster spitting fire from it's mouth. Be sincere does that not scare you?

How do you manage to remain fearless after reading the book of revelations, it's very much like Am reading a horror novel,I don't know If Am the only one who sees it this way,But it's damn SCARY!!!!

Nope, not at all. Because you'll delight in the Lord, the desires of your heart will change from focusing on "things" to focusing on Him and then He'll give you the desires of your heart - Him! He will be the desire of your heart and then you'll get that desire.

Each time I read the book of revelation, a great amount of fear grips my soul that I consciously decide to do God's will,because I Am afraid of hell, because I don't want to be tormented by a 7 headed lion/eagle monster spitting fire from it's mouth. Be sincere does that not scare you?

How do you manage to remain fearless after reading the book of revelations, it's very much like Am reading a horror novel,I don't know If Am the only one who sees it this way,But it's damn SCARY!!!!

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. (‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭1-2‬ NLT)

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. (‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭1-3‬ NLT)

“If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. (‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭15-17‬ NLT)

But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. (‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭26-27‬ NLT)

I'm not scared. I think you're missing the good news, or you don't believe it. I think you have trust issues as well. Let the Holy Spirit teach you. I have to ask, are you a new Christian?

Fear is not from God. One thing you can do is to set aside the book of Revelation until you grow to the point where you know in Christ that you can handle the truths found there. Beside that, if you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord, then you don't have to worry one scintilla about ever being condemned by God.

Last edited:
Nope, not at all. Because you'll delight in the Lord, the desires of your heart will change from focusing on "things" to focusing on Him and then He'll give you the desires of your heart - Him! He will be the desire of your heart and then you'll get that desire.

Why would God change the original desires of my heart after letting me have them in the first place,that is what I don't get.

If God initially wants my desire to be to serve him,He should have just made my desire So,right from when i was born,to make things easier for everyone. Rather than giving me my natural desires then later changing it to the desire of loving Him

Can I still say Jeremiah has freewill in deciding what he wants to be?

IMO/ POV:

Freewill, that is: Freedom to choose is different from Ability to choose

If one is consistent what to choose, the freedom remains, I would say one is just faithful.

Why would God change the original desires of my heart after letting me have them in the first place,that is what I don't get.

If God initially wants my desire to be to serve him,He should have just made my desire So,right from when i was born,to make things easier for everyone. Rather than giving me my natural desires then later changing it to the desire of loving Him
You're choking on the meat of the word. Forget it until you're more mature in the word.

Back