Jesus Christ, Harvey Keitel and demons

I know this is a public forum and not a personal blog, but I really want to share this with you guys.

I recently had a dream of Jesus, I couldn't see Him but I knew I was in His presence.

I have no idea if this was some sort of Revelation but if it was, maybe I couldn't see Him because of my sins and wickedness. I believe Jesus can only be seen by people with a pure heart or a select few with a special mission.

And I don't know if this was 'technically' a 'Rapture dream' but it was extremely vivid and intense.

Nothing spectacular happened, we didn't speak and I was just weeping like a baby. I wasn't sad but it wasn't just happiness, I felt humbled and 'crushed' by His perfection.

Then I remembered the movie Bad Lieutenant, starring the wonderful Harvey Keitel, who played a crooked cop that eventually finds Christ and redemption. And whenever he saw Christ, he cried just like I did in my dream!

Many other people have had similar experiences, how do you explain these tears?!

Question #2 is about demons. We know they can disguise as angels of light but can they appear as humans, as well?

When I was in college, I met this Dutch guy who owned a brothel and was extremely successful. He was constantly blaspheming God, family, the church and all things sacred but he was also incredibly charming and witty. I was an atheist at the time and didn't pay much attention to him but today I think he was a psycho. Or maybe a demon?

I believe Jesus can only be seen by people with a pure heart or a select few with a special mission.

This statement stands out to me and I feel that you have a misunderstanding of how Jesus works in people. We don't need to have a "pure heart" for Him to reveal Himself to us. He is right now revealing Himself by visions to Muslims and Jews all over the world. Apart from visions, Jesus revealed Himself to all of us who are saved while we were still sinners through the work of His Spirit in the lives and words of people, and scripture, and simply circumstances.

It is our faith in Jesus that renders our hearts pure.

As for the weeping. I have had an intense dream over 40 years ago that I will never forget, and Jesus was there. I still weep when I contemplate it. It is Holy Spirit's very real presence that moves us to weep, not with sadness, but just because of His presence.

As for your question about the demonic...this could very well have been a demonic aspect of the man's success, as Satan loves to "bless" his followers with physical wealth, fame and success to keep them in his clutches, and away from Christ.

Last edited:
This statement stands out to me and I feel that you have a misunderstanding of how Jesus works in people. We don't need to have a "pure heart" for Him to reveal Himself to us.

Thank you for your reply, Euphemia.

I was referring to His body and face - it seems that many (most?) people are not able to see them, but I'm just guessing, I have no idea if this is correct or not.

I do know this: B.W. Melvin was taken to the presence of Jesus before going to hell and he said His face was covered with a hood. For more on this, I recommend Melvin's book 'Hell's Dominion: A Land Unknown'.

I have never seen Jesus Christ but His presence in my life is undeniable, especially when I pray. It's unbelievable how much I've been blessed by Our Lord Jesus. In my case, it's actually more than blessed, I've been spoiled! :D :D

Back