Jesus is God : Proof?

Oct 3, 2021
Scotland
In the wilderness, Jesus was "tempted" to do a miracle only God could do : turn a stone into bread. If he couldn't have actually done this, it would not be a temptation.

Jesus verbally made claims on many occasions that he had existed before Abraham which meant he was either a liar or telling the truth..

Jesus prophesied that he had authority to give his life and to raise himself from the dead...and he did just that!

Jesus performed impossible acts of healings, miraculous signs and wonders and raising the dead. Only God could do those acts.

Jesus claimed to be one with God. He claimed to know God intimately and referred to God as Father.

If Jesus was mad, a false prophet or a liar, he would not have been raised from the dead. This proves he was God/from God or at the very least, worth listening to every word and deed he said and done. Everything Jesus teaches in the scripture testaments is worth learning.

In the wilderness, Jesus was "tempted" to do a miracle only God could do : turn a stone into bread. If he couldn't have actually done this, it would not be a temptation.

Jesus verbally made claims on many occasions that he had existed before Abraham which meant he was either a liar or telling the truth..

Jesus prophesied that he had authority to give his life and to raise himself from the dead...and he did just that!

Jesus performed impossible acts of healings, miraculous signs and wonders and raising the dead. Only God could do those acts.

Jesus claimed to be one with God. He claimed to know God intimately and referred to God as Father.

If Jesus was mad, a false prophet or a liar, he would not have been raised from the dead. This proves he was God/from God or at the very least, worth listening to every word and deed he said and done. Everything Jesus teaches in the scripture testaments is worth learning.

Hello iantommo;

This is a nice thread to read, and praise God for your faith.

Keep writing, brother.

God bless you and your family.

Jesus IS God because He said so.

John 14:1...
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."

The Jews knew His meaning...

John 8:57-59 (KJV) Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

I and The Father are one (John 10:30)
Yes and look at the Jews reaction in John 10:33 - The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." The Jews clearly understood Jesus’ statement as a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus did not correct the Jews by saying, "I did not claim to be God." That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) One in essence/nature.

Yes and look at the Jews reaction in John 10:33 - The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." The Jews clearly understood Jesus’ statement as a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus did not correct the Jews by saying, "I did not claim to be God." That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) One in essence/nature.
Excellent. Do you mind if I use that one for future reference?

Accepting that Jesus and the Father are one is an act of faith. If one is not willing to take that step, the Bible, and all its proofs are met with skepticism. Once who Christ is is accepted, the word abounds with proofs and application.

And WHO raised Jesus from the dead?

It’s true that the New Testament teaches that God the Father raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 6:4; Acts 2:32). But it is also true that Jesus himself was acting to bring about his own resurrection. We know this because he said in John 10:18, “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” God the Father gave Jesus the authority to take up his life again from the grave where his body lay dead.

Here it is again in John 5:21–22: “As the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. For the Father . . . has given all judgment to the Son.” So the Son has authority to raise from the dead whomever he will, including himself. So Jesus says in John 2:19: “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” And John adds, “He was speaking about the temple of his body” (John 2:21). Destroy this body, and in three days, I will raise it up. And he did.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Apostle John was very adamant that Jesus is The Christ, and those who refuse to believe that are antichrists. By that idea, John was making a declaration with Jesus of Nazareth being The Christ, that it means Jesus is God come in the flesh.

1 John 2:22
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
KJV

1 John 4:3
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
KJV

2 John 7
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
KJV

Notice what John is actually saying above, because even the unbelieving Jews well knew that Jesus of Nazareth was born in the flesh.

This means John's idea about Jesus having come in the flesh, pointing to The 'Christ', has a deeper meaning, and here it is...

The title of 'The Christ' is a Heavenly title, not an earthly one. It points to the Office of God The Son, a Heavenly Office with The Father. So any reference to The Christ coming in the flesh is a direct reference to God.

This is also the deeper meaning of when Jesus asked Apostle Peter who He was, that Peter said, "Thou art the Christ, the son of the living God." (Matthew 16:16)

The Christ indeed is a Heavenly office, the word office I simply used to represent a position that doesn't apply to the flesh, but only to The Godhead.
Problem is ‘Office’ is not explicitly mentioned in Scripture whereas the concept of relationship between the persons of the Trinity is all over the Gospel of John.

This is a little proof to say that Jesus is God.

(John 1:1 - The Word became flesh) In the begining was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Coupled with …

John 1:14 KJV
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Reactions: DavyP
Problem is ‘Office’ is not explicitly mentioned in Scripture whereas the concept of relationship between the persons of the Trinity is all over the Gospel of John.
Yeah, I know. But I was not pointing to a idea like a 'corporate office' either. The word office can mean a position, status, and that is how I was applying it to Lord Jesus, God The Son, one of three Persons in The Godhead.