Jesus is God : Proof?

Problem is ‘Office’ is not explicitly mentioned in Scripture whereas the concept of relationship between the persons of the Trinity is all over the Gospel of John.
Uh, the word Trinity isn't explicitly mentioned in Scripture either. So whether I apply the word 'office' or 'position' (but a Heavenly one), or some other word that makes the distinction from a flesh order, I think my point will be understood. The rest is just semantics, because I well know that Lord Jesus is One Person in The Godhead of three Persons.

Uh, the word Trinity isn't explicitly mentioned in Scripture either. So whether I apply the word 'office' or 'position' (but a Heavenly one), or some other word that makes the distinction from a flesh order, I think my point will be understood. The rest is just semantics, because I well know that Lord Jesus is One Person in The Godhead of three Persons.
How about:-
For in him (Jesus) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Col_2:9 KJV

Yeah, of course I agree with that verse, but that's still not about my point for using the word 'office'.
Now I have thought about it some more I see what you mean and I agree with you. "Office-position-concern-work-duty-sphere of influence-responsibility??"

Now I have thought about it some more I see what you mean and I agree with you. "Office-position-concern-work-duty-sphere of influence-responsibility??"
Yeah, but not in a sense that diminishes the divinity of Christ Jesus as God with us (Immanuel).

In the wilderness, Jesus was "tempted" to do a miracle only God could do : turn a stone into bread. If he couldn't have actually done this, it would not be a temptation.

Jesus verbally made claims on many occasions that he had existed before Abraham which meant he was either a liar or telling the truth..

Jesus prophesied that he had authority to give his life and to raise himself from the dead...and he did just that!

Jesus performed impossible acts of healings, miraculous signs and wonders and raising the dead. Only God could do those acts.

Jesus claimed to be one with God. He claimed to know God intimately and referred to God as Father.

If Jesus was mad, a false prophet or a liar, he would not have been raised from the dead. This proves he was God/from God or at the very least, worth listening to every word and deed he said and done. Everything Jesus teaches in the scripture testaments is worth learning.

Well, actually....Yahshua said, "Before Abraham WAS, I AM."

When it comes to the timeline of this creation, that's an impossibility. For Him to say "I AM" says that He is back then fore Abraham in that moment, in that moment, and beyond that moment. In other words, time is not at all a constraint to Him. He is there before Abraham, He there in that garden before the fall, and He is at the very end when He calls forth the destructive forces that will wipe out this universe before the creation of the new heavens and new earth.

Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

He IS, AND He WAS, AND is to COME. He is all those times at the same time...in this timeline within which we are currently trapped.

It is the fallenness of some that causes them to kick against that goad, doing harm only to their own toes....

MM

Do some people find it hard to grasp Jesus deity?

Are you answering people who are questioning whether Jesus is divine?
It was very obvious to many that he was, but I suppose just as many didn't believe, and even when they saw Jesus with their own eyes they might have thought he was just a man in the flesh who had a few special powers.

Do some people find it hard to grasp Jesus deity?
I dunno…
But to me He is God, since He is before all time. 😇

Col 1:17 states Christ "is before all things, and in him allthings hold together.

If He is before all things then Its obvious He is even before time. time is the difference between cause and effect. He is before them both because when I see a cloud forming He is even before that lol and when I see the rain fall from said cloud He is even before that.

So to me He is 100percent God.

I wonder what He was doing before He was born in that stable…well,

Surely He’s Holding everything together, just like the scripture says!☝️

Back