Judgment Seat Of Christ: Part Two

I've done some research and you two are correct. It is not that we should refrain from judging, but it is in the way that we judge and who we judge that matters most. I still try not to judge without also opening my mouth and telling the person, especially if I too have done what I am judging them about (even if in the past).

Today, I was able to talk to a dear friend of mine who was recently saved, and in a sense, I judged him about his engagement to his current fiance. It was great to be able to pull from the scriptures when reprimanding him for his decisions. I no longer felt as if it was me judging, but the Holy Spirit giving me guidance on my judgement on him, which allowed me to give him biblical advice and not just my opinion. Hope this makes sense and thank you all for opening my eyes to this.

You're exact and then some, in your perception and understanding of this issue shown by, "the way that we judge and who we judge." It's the manner of discernment that determines the type of judgment and you've added "and who", which to me is also important as type, in that nearly each person requires a different timing of discernment, if the Lord is using us in it.

Thanks for sharing your success in your friend's situation and your sincerity is evident in what you do and say. Thank you Holy Spirit!

I've discovered that regardless of how aware we are of our "old man" (sinful nature) he will still occasionally has some sway, but thanks to the application of Christ's Cross to this Adamic nature, never again control (Rom 6:12, 14). Our dealings with our sinful nature and our "new nature" is the primary ongoing lesson because how we respond in our own dealings with the Spirit in this, it will determine how He will use us for others.

God's blessings to your Family Sis!

I've done some research and you two are correct. It is not that we should refrain from judging, but it is in the way that we judge and who we judge that matters most. I still try not to judge without also opening my mouth and telling the person, especially if I too have done what I am judging them about (even if in the past).

Today, I was able to talk to a dear friend of mine who was recently saved, and in a sense, I judged him about his engagement to his current fiance. It was great to be able to pull from the scriptures when reprimanding him for his decisions. I no longer felt as if it was me judging, but the Holy Spirit giving me guidance on my judgement on him, which allowed me to give him biblical advice and not just my opinion. Hope this makes sense and thank you all for opening my eyes to this.

It makes absolutley perfect sence!! That is the way God wants it to take place and I am so pleased to see it be a blessing to you and to your friend.

It makes absolutley perfect sence!! That is the way God wants it to take place and I am so pleased to see it be a blessing to you and to your friend.

Thank you Major! I always take pleasure in your judgement and sound advice so I have another question for you; how do you know if one is truly Christian and follows Christ, our Lord? I have a girlfriend who I am finding myself very angry at (for which I feel horrible) for her recent inconsistencies and what I feel are lies. I am also upset that she is getting plastic surgery, yet states she is trying to pay off debt. It makes absolutely no sense to me. She should be lucky to have two arms and two legs, the ability to see, touch, feel, and hear!!

How do I know if it's Satan giving me these judgements and bad thoughts about her or God?

I would suggest that under normal circumstances a persons' thoughts are their own and are not unduly influenced by Satan or God. The questions is whether your thoughts are in agreement with what Christ taught.
IMNSHO, plastic surgery for anything not related to reconstruction due to injury or disease is the result of pure unadulterated vanity. God does not approve of vanity.

An old story...

A certain monk had an angel as a friend. One day they decided to take a walk down to the village.
On the way they passed a pile of horse manure, the monk gave it a wide berth and held his nose, the angel did not notice the smell. Farther on they passed a honey-wagon (cart of sewage), again the monk steered wide and clear of the wagon and showed his disgust, the angel walked right past not noticing. When they got to the village a wedding procession was passing by and the young bride and her family were dressed in their finery, the monk looked and smiled at the pomp, the angel was doubled over gagging and turning an odd shade of green. The monk, concerned, asked him "what has happened to you?". The angel, gasping for air replied "Nothing stinks like pride."

Thank you Major! I always take pleasure in your judgement and sound advice so I have another question for you; how do you know if one is truly Christian and follows Christ, our Lord? I have a girlfriend who I am finding myself very angry at (for which I feel horrible) for her recent inconsistencies and what I feel are lies. I am also upset that she is getting plastic surgery, yet states she is trying to pay off debt. It makes absolutely no sense to me. She should be lucky to have two arms and two legs, the ability to see, touch, feel, and hear!!

How do I know if it's Satan giving me these judgements and bad thoughts about her or God?

Hi Darlin.......How are you ?

You ask a good question and actually the answer is fairly easy.

How do we know if someone is a saved believer?

BY A CHANGED LIFE!

The liar lies no more.....the thief steals no more........the killer kills no more......the prostitute does not sell her body anymore.

"All things are made new"!

Like Major Said-the proof is in the 'fruits'...what type of fruit is she bearing? Sometimes you have to let friends and family go. Pretty much my whole family says "we want the old Mike back" and I can't 'fellowship' with my uncle who was the second main male influence in my life or cousins, etc... I've given them the Gospel...well...you know...

Letting people go wrenches the heart-wonder what Jesus thought on the way to Calvary...? see also Genesis 6:6

Christians are mighty alone without other Christians...

PRAISE GOD! MY MOM GOT SAVED AND BAPTIZED LAST YEAR!

Like Major Said-the proof is in the 'fruits'...what type of fruit is she bearing? Sometimes you have to let friends and family go. Pretty much my whole family says "we want the old Mike back" and I can't 'fellowship' with my uncle who was the second main male influence in my life or cousins, etc... I've given them the Gospel...well...you know...

Letting people go wrenches the heart-wonder what Jesus thought on the way to Calvary...? see also Genesis 6:6

Christians are mighty alone without other Christians...

PRAISE GOD! MY MOM GOT SAVED AND BAPTIZED LAST YEAR!

Glory to God!!!!

This is why fellowship with believers is so vitally important.

This is why finding a good Bible believeing church is also very important!

Back