Knowing God's Will

Seek God's face? What does that mean?
2 Chr 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

It means to humble ourselves to His will in all matters. He wishes to help us in everything in our lives.

Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

2 Chr 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

It means to humble ourselves to His will in all matters. He wishes to help us in everything in our lives.

Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Awesome! I just got done with 2 Kings (again :)). I should be able to get through 1st and 2nd Chronicles by this weekend.

I can tell you all about Him....:D Then you can tell me all about Him...:D cause I bet you have seen a part of His glory that I might not have seen and I have seen a part you might not have seen? (y)

I can tell you all about Him....:D Then you can tell me all about Him...:D cause I bet you have seen a part of His glory that I might not have seen and I have seen a part you might not have seen? (y)
You've had a vision of Jesus? Tell me about it, please. I've like hearing people's encounter with God.

You've had a vision of Jesus? Tell me about it, please. I've like hearing people's encounter with God.
Well I see Him in His Word..His kindness and His strength, His goodness and mercy. His boldness and power. I see Him and I see God when he told the harlot "neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more" Or after Peter had failed the test, how the Lord sought him out and restored him..etc... That's the "Face" of God! If you see Christ, you see the express Image of God and His Person. But I have seen Him in a vision and a dream... He was teaching me how to walk in faith and how to trust Him. And showing me something He was going to give me...:D

Though I think seeking His face involves praying, reading bible and fasting. His presence is really strong during a fast though.
That's probably why your NOT seeing him?

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

That's probably why your NOT seeing him?

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
What do you mean?

Honestly, I do hear Him. Clearly. And I have seen Him in visions and dreams. He said I should just trust Him. I just wanted to know what other people say about knowing His will. But your responses confirmed what He said.

Thank you all for your responses.

Being saved just over a year I'm starting to find out piece by piece what God is wanting me to do. After I relinquished my position as the pilot in my own life and gave it to God, I've just been making the best of every situation he is putting me in. I'm slowly starting to figure out what spiritual gifts are not for me...well...at this time anyway ;). Keep praying, keep your relationship with Him strong and continue to grow in your faith; you will then start to realize what He has planned for you. Stay blessed sister!

Just a year? What a noob.

Never leave God, He is just so amazing, and will never let you down or forsake you.

For a year, you have lots of revelation and I have seen you get stronger and stronger.

You always say, i am the blessed, the only thing you say.

What do you mean?

Honestly, I do hear Him. Clearly. And I have seen Him in visions and dreams. He said I should just trust Him. I just wanted to know what other people say about knowing His will. But your responses confirmed what He said.

Thank you all for your responses.
I was just making a point...Like Martha who was so busy trying to serve the Lord she failed to do the ONE NEEDFUL THING that Mary did? Rest at His feet and behold His beauty and hear His words. The idea that we have to starve ourselves to see the One who will never leave nor forsake us is just not biblically correct according to the New Covenant we have in His Blood. The oldest manuscripts 1000 years older than those who have the word "fasting" in the text, do not have this word as the newer text do. And here is the fast that the Lord desires of us...

Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
8 ¶ Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

This is the true fast of Christ...the idea that we would "neglect the body" is a teaching of satan to bring folks back into legalism and bondage to the flesh.

Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Just a year? What a noob.

Never leave God, He is just so amazing, and will never let you down or forsake you.

For a year, you have lots of revelation and I have seen you get stronger and stronger.

You always say, i am the blessed, the only thing you say.

I appreciate that Michael. I praise and thank God every day! I am also so thankful to Him that he led me to such a wonderful Christian Forum with so many fellow believers and those with unwavering faith in Christ. I am indeed blessed to grow in faith with such wonderful people such as yourself. Stay blessed!

Hello brothers and sisters. I'd like to know how I can know God's will for my life.
I got saved when I was younger, but I fell away. Now I'm serious about getting back on track. I really LOVE Jesus and want to live for Him. I just don't know His will for me.

I'd love to hear from you guys.
Love and blessings to all. Thanks. :)

Patricia, when you have a question about what you should do it is often the practice to ask that person what you should do.
Coming before your Heavenly Father simply ask him this question. He is willing to answer you if you are willing to know the answer. I know that sounds easy and it really is that simple. I found a scripture many years ago that I have prayed for my self and my family pretty much every day. It really works. It has changed my life more than I can say. The Apostle Paul prayed this for the Church continually every day.....

Eph 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
Eph 1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Ask the Lord one time, and then thank him every day for the spirit of Wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him, by having the eyes of your heart enlightened so you might see the hope of his calling he has for you. Thank him for revealing this exceeding great of his power he has given you. He demonstrated this great power when he raised up Jesus Christ from the dead.

To whom much is given much is expected. Just obey what you know now. We live in the now, and today has enough problems, tommorow will have its own problems. When we see a promise in the bible from God we see obedience from a believer. Take for instance abraham. He took his son up the mountian first. God will test us. Its all about now, right here right now. What ever His plan is Its His plan. He will bring it to pass. Just focus on Him. The gift giver is greater than the gift. Your calling will become clear to you in time, but thats later. You are still here, in the now. Still pray about it, yes. And ask Him to use you for His glory. But if you pray this be prepared to trust Him totaly, even if it means doing something you are not comfortable with, for instance speaking to pharoh.

Back