Law Vs Grace!!!

First of all I agree wholeheartedly about your whole post .... Wordoffaith .... but really do not want to open this whole cans of worms cause we have been this route before .... to tithe or not to tithe. and threads have been closed.

As far as i am concerned God owns it all anyways and if I keep 90% and give Him 10% .... that 90% goes a lot farther than if I had not set it aside . I believe it is a heart matter and God is after our heart and as I love my Lord whether people want to honour God that is entirely their bussiness but for me I will set that amount aside as unto to the Lord . He gave it all for me and I can honour Him with my tithes and offerings and the offerings are over and above my tithes .

The month Feb. our pastor has been focusing on tithes and she challenged people who think they cannot do it to try for a whole month test God in this . She said if Malachi is not true then she would give their money back if they did not experience God's out pouring . And guess what there was no one who went to the pastor and asked for their money back .

I can say that I am living , walking testimony of giving and setting that portion to the Lord . Down through the years He has blessed me and kept me and provided a house , a car and my needs were supplied so whoever wants to disclame that, that's between them and God but I have proved it . I don't know how it works , but I do know it does work .

Also as I give my first fruits to the Lord , my needs are met throughout the month and sometimes , I ask how is that possible , my bills are paid , and I am on a little senior pension . But my God supplies all my needs according to His riches in heaven and I challenge any body to test it and they also will recieve a cup that overflows that you cannot contain .
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Jesus wants our love , obedience and our faithfullness for us to give willingly , voluntary and spontainiously as our gratitude to Him . Giving what belongs to God is am act of worship , done in celebration

OUr Tithe is a Holy act of worship unto the Lord and is our commitment to walk with God . Some will say ... that's OT but the OT points to the new and cannot be separated . If we believe the OT and the NT then we believe the whole Bible

Matthew 23 :23..... "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Jesus was rebuking the religious leaders because they were just going through the motions but were not giving with their heart. You see where Jeus is telling the Pharasees that they still needed to practice the tenth but with a different heart . He told them not to neglect the tenth . So people who say that the tenth is not in the NT .... there it is .

Hebrews 7 :7-9......And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 8In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living. 9One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham.

Just as we are Holy and set apart as unto the Lord , His tithes are Holy and are our way of Holy living .

God's things must be first. If you get a paycheck and figure bills or your needs before God, then God can't be first and you don't qualify for the other things being added to you. We are Born again, and all things become new, putting God first in everything. Giving the Tenth for me is a way to say. "God your first." I don't stop there, we also set money aside in case it's needed for the Kingdom latter.

That's the reason many get into difficulties cause they have not put their money under the hand of God . If we are pursuing God with our whole heart we will be content to say "God , this is your money now help me to use it inthe way that would honour and glorify you ." God is first and everything else is under Him . We need to choose our first love and that is to love our God with all our heart , all our mind .... all our strength and when we do , everything else will fall into it's right place.

1 Tim 6:11..... But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

On the lighter side .... LOL ... Dancing while giving your offering . Well, He said we should be a cheerful giver .... he he

Back