Leaving The Forum..mitspa

Sometimes before things that are unjust can be addressed, there needs to be some who knows what is right and takes a stand to defend the things that are right. It is not right that some non-believers are allowed to come on this forum and degrade the faith of the members and the members are not allowed to defend their faith. Its just not right and I suggest if they don't start defending the members (or at least allow us to make a defense) that all should leave this forum and find a place where they are safe, especially a new believer.

You're not going to tell us to leave this forum. You are not the boss, and never will be. I'm staying. I rarely talk to non believers. You are making it sound like only Christians should be allowed on a Christian forum. Don't say you're not.

My friend this is a "Christian" forum and it is a common practice on Christian forums to demand that the faith of the members is not insulted and degraded but that it be respected by those who come to the forum. In fact I do not know a Christian forum that does not keep this as just part of the basic rules.

I mean this in no way as an insult but I do think you are being a bit naive. It is not hard to create a forum. One simply trots off to one of many hosting or forum providers on the internet and most of them are free. You certainly don't need to pass any kind of "christian truth" test to start a "christian" forum. You think all other christian forums are motivated by a stance on defending the truth? I actually think there are many who are motivated by $$ and banner ad revenue. I'm not saying this one is, just saying this happens more often than what you might think.

I mean this in no way as an insult but I do think you are being a bit naive. It is not hard to create a forum. One simply trots off to one of many hosting or forum providers on the internet and most of them are free. You certainly don't need to pass any kind of "christian truth" test to start a "christian" forum. You think all other christian forums are motivated by a stance on defending the truth? I actually think there are many who are motivated by $$ and banner ad revenue. I'm not saying this one is, just saying this happens more often than what you might think.
Been on dozens of forums that have this as a basic rule and pattern to protect the members from those who come on Christians" forums just for the hobby of insulting Christians. This is not rocket science is just a basic understanding very easy to keep as a reasonable standard as many forums do.

And yes I am gladly not a part of the wisdom of this world, that's why I came to a "Christian" forum, to get have a place to discuss Christian matters, not to be insulted by the ungodly.

I've just taken a good emotional beating on another Christian forum. I posted the same thread here and the outcome was entirely different. I think the majority of people on here are really trying to help each other. On the other forum, it turned into who could win the argument. Here, people respectfully told me what I need to work on. People do not have to agree, but as Christians, we need to disagree respectfully, not beat each other down. All that to say, the grass isn't always greener. I really think you should stay.

You're not going to tell us to leave this forum. You are not the boss, and never will be. I'm staying. I rarely talk to non believers. You are making it sound like only Christians should be allowed on a Christian forum. Don't say you're not.
So im not allowed to explain what I mean? I said what I said in the context of what I said. If you attempt to make it something else, that your choice.:)

What's this other forum you speak of?
Have you been other forums? Christian forums? Many if not most have rules in place to protect the members from attacks on their faith. Now I don't feel I need to mention those forums by name but most of them have the word "Christian" in their title. In some way they describe themselves as Christian. Look if you guys want to have folks insult your faith, I don't understand that? I had rather allow my faith to be respected and respect the non-believer. But that should be a standard that is applied to all on the forum, not just to the believers?

I've just taken a good emotional beating on another Christian forum. I posted the same thread here and the outcome was entirely different. I think the majority of people on here are really trying to help each other. On the other forum, it turned into who could win the argument. Here, people respectfully told me what I need to work on. People do not have to agree, but as Christians, we need to disagree respectfully, not beat each other down. All that to say, the grass isn't always greener. I really think you should stay.
Its not the believers that I speaking of, even those who really disagree with me. Its these nonbelievers who are allowed to come on this forum and insult and degrade the faith of the members. I noticed the thread "ask an atheist" has been removed. But anyone who reads that thread would understand the point I am making.

Have you been other forums? Christian forums? Many if not most have rules in place to protect the members from attacks on their faith. Now I don't feel I need to mention those forums by name but most of them have the word "Christian" in their title. In some way they describe themselves as Christian. Look if you guys want to have folks insult your faith, I don't understand that? I had rather allow my faith to be respected and respect the non-believer. But that should be a standard that is applied to all on the forum, not just to the believers?

I get what you are saying, and no, non-believers should not be allowed to insult the faith of believers. From what I have seen, the mods here are pretty quick to intervene if needed. Granted, I did not read the thread in question.

As far as the other forum: What kind of forum has believers insulting other believers? The mods are temporarily locking it for a cool down. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they just didn't know about it. However, I'm concerned about the members... I was told it's common for them to team up on people.

Where is the Messiah, I don't want to post the link to the other forum because I am not sure if I am allowed to do that?? Does anyone know? I can PM it to you, if you like. It's a long thread, but if you have the time to read it, you can give me your opinion.

Last edited:
This was a vulgar attack of Christians and should never be allowed if for no other reason, to promote a moderate place for discussion. While I was told that I could no longer make a simple point about the error of logic in another thread that was discussing science and faith.

I get what you are saying, and no, non-believers should not be allowed to insult the faith of believers. From what I have seen, the mods here are pretty quick to intervene if needed. Granted, I did not read the thread in question.

As far as the other forum: What kind of forum has believers insulting other believers? The mods are temporarily locking it for a cool down. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they just didn't know about it. However, I'm concerned about the members... I was told it's common for them to team up on people.

Where is the Messiah, I don't want to post the link to the other forum because I am not sure if I am allowed to do that?? Does anyone know? I can PM it to you, if you like. It's a long thread, but if you have the time to read it, you can give me your opinion.
Well I to assumed the mods would intervene, but they clearly intervened against me and my simple point as if to make it was some sort of needless offense, but allowed for some to attack the faith of members and seem to find no issue with that sort of behavior? Thus I have posted this thread in frustration and hopes to get some idea of the standards being applied on the forum. Or to just go on to a place where I see that the faith of the members is protected in a reasonable way and with some kind of standard that is understood and can be counted on, when these sort of attacks take place. I would just like to step back and say "ok the mods will take care of this" and to know they are there to protect the members from such attacks.

So you were silenced and they weren't?
Yes and I was trying to defend our faith and was silenced and told that I had made my point and not to make it again. And cut-off from the discussion altogether. The mean while a thread with hateful attacks against the faith of the members of the forums was allowed to go unchallenged in any way. Read the thread "did anybody watch cosmo" something? I admit I made the same point several times but was trying to establish that evolution is a matter of faith, and those who attempt to degrade believers for there faith are guilty of system of faith themselves. And the OP of the thread did in fact attempt to insult our faith over and over throughout the thread.

Thus the debate was won and we come to a place in a discussion where we are no longer in a discussion of "science" but of faith and belief. In a discussion on those grounds the believer in Christ is always at the advantage.

Mitspa,

Having debated with you in the past on "other forums", nothing was won here. In fact, it was a big FAIL. Not being able to dialogue with non-believers without denigrating into name calling, and ad hominen comments is a big FAIL. A person who walks away and still does not know the Lord Jesus as their Lord and Saviour is a big FAIL, even if we believe we have won the argument, there is still a soul the Lord is calling out for of which we should be trying to win over with an example in Colossians 4:5-6 " 5Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
—Matthew 5:14-16

Back