Leaving The Forum..mitspa

Mitspa, I don't think they intend to degrade. I think we take offense because of our deep love for God. It would be the same if someone was telling you your wife was not real and that your love for her was a psychological manifestation.

Atheists often sound like they are being insulting but are really just stating what they believe are facts.

I'm sorry this happened and maybe I'm just not seeing what you are seeing-- but I just thought id give my two cents.

Your participation on this forum has blessed me and I appreciate the way God is using you.

Have you been other forums? Christian forums? Many if not most have rules in place to protect the members from attacks on their faith. Now I don't feel I need to mention those forums by name but most of them have the word "Christian" in their title. In some way they describe themselves as Christian. Look if you guys want to have folks insult your faith, I don't understand that? I had rather allow my faith to be respected and respect the non-believer. But that should be a standard that is applied to all on the forum, not just to the believers?
But you can't make someone respect you, for some of us, our good intentions and respect for others has ALOT to do with Christ in us. They don't have that.

I'm trying to get u to stay ;)

Mitspa,
Having debated with you in the past on "other forums", nothing was won here. In fact, it was a big FAIL. Not being able to dialogue with non-believers without denigrating into name calling, and ad hominen comments is a big FAIL. A person who walks away and still does not know the Lord Jesus as their Lord and Saviour is a big FAIL, even if we believe we have won the argument, there is still a soul the Lord is calling out for of which we should be trying to win over with an example in Colossians 4:5-6 " 5Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.—Matthew 5:14-16

I mostly agree with your post: not so much what I have in bold.
A person who walks away from a Christian, after having a dialog, cannot be a fail: he will not away the same: even though it ma seem that way. And let's face it, maybe he has rejected the Lord'as counsel once too often.

Beloved, Walk in Holiness.

I mostly agree with your post: not so much what I have in bold.
A person who walks away from a Christian, after having a dialog, cannot be a fail: he will not away the same: even though it ma seem that way. And let's face it, maybe he has rejected the Lord'as counsel once too often.

Beloved, Walk in Holiness.
I agree with you. Post edited to reflect that. The challenge is can we still speak in truth, and gain a friend or relationship even through our differences in opinions and believes?

Correction: Cannot edit my post anymore. Speaking the truth though in love and grace is a skill that I strive for daily.

Last edited:
Well I to assumed the mods would intervene, but they clearly intervened against me and my simple point as if to make it was some sort of needless offense, but allowed for some to attack the faith of members and seem to find no issue with that sort of behavior? Thus I have posted this thread in frustration and hopes to get some idea of the standards being applied on the forum. Or to just go on to a place where I see that the faith of the members is protected in a reasonable way and with some kind of standard that is understood and can be counted on, when these sort of attacks take place. I would just like to step back and say "ok the mods will take care of this" and to know they are there to protect the members from such attacks.
Please read the thread 'Did anyone see Cosmos?' http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/did-anyone-watch-cosmos.37456

Tubby made a comment about there being nothing before the big bang. Mitspa took exception to this. I did not see this as the same attack on the faith that Mitspa did.

Tubby was discussing the big bang and the fact that it originated with a singularity. Science does not know what lies within a singularity hence the impression that nothing exploded into everything.

I felt Mitspa had (several times) made the point and to continue was counter productive. Mitspa took this to be my censoring him and defending Tubby. I was not defending Tubby, just trying to get the thread back on track.

Yes and I was trying to defend our faith and was silenced and told that I had made my point and not to make it again. And cut-off from the discussion altogether. The mean while a thread with hateful attacks against the faith of the members of the forums was allowed to go unchallenged in any way. Read the thread "did anybody watch cosmo" something? I admit I made the same point several times but was trying to establish that evolution is a matter of faith, and those who attempt to degrade believers for there faith are guilty of system of faith themselves. And the OP of the thread did in fact attempt to insult our faith over and over throughout the thread.

Beloved, take it easy: "...the powers that be are ordained of God." Yes, that includes this forum. I entered into this forum and i was reprimanded for being too harsh: I was wrong. I had not followed my own rules: (1) knock on the door; (2) don't enter unless asked; (3) if granted access, enter but don't sit; (4) sit where one is asked to sit; (5) if invited to eat, eat everything that is placed before you; (6) don't ask for seconds; (7) if asked if you want more, decline gracefully; (8) if the host starts to yawn at your jokes, excuse yourself and leave.

Beloved, we are all in someone else's house; let's be good visitors and obey the host's wishes. One thing more that I have learned: God knows how to take care of Himself!

I have enjoyed the conversation and the folks on this forum, I find I cannot stay on a forum that allows the faith of believers to be ridiculed by non-believers. I have attempted to defend our faith and have been silenced, I see no defense by certain mods being made, but only to protect those who would be allowed to insult. Those of you who have enjoyed my post, look on some of the others forums and I will use the same title.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395468033.806947.jpg
See ya

Mitspa,

Having debated with you in the past on "other forums", nothing was won here. In fact, it was a big FAIL. Not being able to dialogue with non-believers without denigrating into name calling, and ad hominen comments is a big FAIL. A person who walks away and still does not know the Lord Jesus as their Lord and Saviour is a big FAIL, even if we believe we have won the argument, there is still a soul the Lord is calling out for of which we should be trying to win over with an example in Colossians 4:5-6 " 5Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
—Matthew 5:14-16
Well not sure I remember you and have not had a discussion on this forum that I remember, but because you consider my position on this issue as a "fail"? Not sure of the value of your opinion. Many things are written in regards to our behavior and to take one scripture as the defining scripture of a believers actions is just a error. not sure if you even understand the issue or what actions have caused my own response on this thread. Now if you have "debated" me? That most likely means I have defeated some doctrine of legalism you where attempting to teach and this is your chance to get a bit of payback? Well glad you got a shot, but you have missed the mark.

Beloved, take it easy: "...the powers that be are ordained of God." Yes, that includes this forum. I entered into this forum and i was reprimanded for being too harsh: I was wrong. I had not followed my own rules: (1) knock on the door; (2) don't enter unless asked; (3) if granted access, enter but don't sit; (4) sit where one is asked to sit; (5) if invited to eat, eat everything that is placed before you; (6) don't ask for seconds; (7) if asked if you want more, decline gracefully; (8) if the host starts to yawn at your jokes, excuse yourself and leave.

Beloved, we are all in someone else's house; let's be good visitors and obey the host's wishes. One thing more that I have learned: God knows how to take care of Himself!
So you where reprimanded for being too harsh? Don't be harsh...

I think ill stay now that I have seen the effect I have on those who teach false doctrines, you guys cannot have a discussion of truth in the scriptures with me, so you have to resort to these sort of things? I must say the pictures are a improvement from that dude in the sunglasses.

Teehee

If Satan's cubs are allowed a voice here, you can certainly 'name and shame'. pls post the url to this forum you speak of. But first look at the forum rules.......I don't want to get you into any trouble. You can find them listed under "Help"
http://www.christianforumsite.com/help/terms
not sure of what forum you are referring too? I have been on many and they all attempt to protect the members from some of the types of things I have seen last couple of days on this one, namely the "ask a atheist" where some guys was allowed to bash and provoke any and all believers that dared to post on that thread . And our friend tubby who is allowed to insult at will "it seems". I could bring these people to tears with the Word of God but I know that would never be allowed. So trying to figure out what rules are for believers and what rules are fro the ungodly on this forum? And thanks for posting the rules, I had looked but could not find them.

Please read the thread 'Did anyone see Cosmos?' http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/did-anyone-watch-cosmos.37456

Tubby made a comment about there being nothing before the big bang. Mitspa took exception to this. I did not see this as the same attack on the faith that Mitspa did.

Tubby was discussing the big bang and the fact that it originated with a singularity. Science does not know what lies within a singularity hence the impression that nothing exploded into everything.

I felt Mitspa had (several times) made the point and to continue was counter productive. Mitspa took this to be my censoring him and defending Tubby. I was not defending Tubby, just trying to get the thread back on track.
You saw his insults and even mentioned them, right? Did you read the insults made on the "ask a atheist" thread? What should be our response to these people? Are they allowed to insult contrary to the rules and then we "believers" are held to a different standard? I already know the answer you will give, but please forgive me for my frustration at what I see as a injustice towards myself and the believers on the forum who have had to tolerate these insults from these people.

But you can't make someone respect you, for some of us, our good intentions and respect for others has ALOT to do with Christ in us. They don't have that.

I'm trying to get u to stay ;)
Well Allie I hear what your saying, but you can enforce standards and you can protect the believing members from these sort of attacks. The mods moderate us all the time and I have yet to see them too far away to stop insults on the forum. If we have rules of conduct for the believers we should ask the non-believers to at least keep the same standards. When a non-believer insults over and over the faith of those on a "Christian" forum, it time for one of the "Christians" to say "hey something is wrong here"

Mitspa, I don't think they intend to degrade. I think we take offense because of our deep love for God. It would be the same if someone was telling you your wife was not real and that your love for her was a psychological manifestation.

Atheists often sound like they are being insulting but are really just stating what they believe are facts.

I'm sorry this happened and maybe I'm just not seeing what you are seeing-- but I just thought id give my two cents.

Your participation on this forum has blessed me and I appreciate the way God is using you.
Allie, people treat us in large part the way we allow them to treat us. Now the two posters that I am referring to, where doing nothing but making fun of the faith of the folks on this forum. I am not confused about their intentions, I understand what and why they where doing these things. I have chosen to speak-up and if I see someone belittle you and your precious faith, you better believe I will speak up again if at all possible. This is godliness, this is righteousness this what Men of God do.. They speak and live in the truth without fear or concern for the opinions of those who disagree. God is well-pleased that I have spoken up, in this I am sure:)

Then it'll be no fun!
But I'm in someone else's house, as you. We respect their rules or leave: but we don't have to make the other guests uncomfortable.
Yes don't be rude and keep the rules Mario. I hope you have learned a good lesson from your reprimand and will not repeat your errors. I don not hold it against you and still think you are a good person.:)

and by the way this is my Fathers house as is every meeting and union of His people. He has rules and His rules "rule" (y)

I think ill stay now that I have seen the effect I have on those who teach false doctrines, you guys cannot have a discussion of truth in the scriptures with me, so you have to resort to these sort of things? I must say the pictures are a improvement from that dude in the sunglasses.
I don't get why people are being rude to you. Ugh. I'm sorry Mitspa.

Back