Left Behind Movie

I wouldn't blame anyone for liking it -- I can't blame people for liking certain movies or music because it's all so subjective. But I can tell this one won't be taken seriously. It doesn't look like something I'd ever enjoy.

Yes, indeed it is subjective. There is a movie called Napolean Dynamite. I've always enjoyed it, but very few people I know liked it.

I had no intention of seeing what Hollywood would do to this book in a movie after seeing how terrible the movie of Noah was done.

However, I was just told by my wife that Willy who stars in the TV series "Duck Dynasty" is the producer of the movie.

From his testimony and actions on his show, he appears to be a very committed born again believer and I think he just may insist on the truth of God's Word being presented in his movie just as it is on his TV show. Just a thought!!!

I am not interested in seeing a movie (paying money to see or spending 2 hours of my time that I can't get back) that Willy has produced. Producing a "professional" movie for the general public seems WAY above his pay grade (how many movies has he even had any involvement with). Just because you are a "believer" doesn't make him a producer of any movie beyond a movie he makes with his iPhone.

I am not interested in seeing a movie (paying money to see or spending 2 hours of my time that I can't get back) that Willy has produced. Producing a "professional" movie for the general public seems WAY above his pay grade (how many movies has he even had any involvement with). Just because you are a "believer" doesn't make him a producer of any movie beyond a movie he makes with his iPhone.

We all have opinions.

That is what makes the world go round.

I suspect for anyone who believes Revelation to be about the Rapture and can look past Nick Cage (I kid, I kid), they may enjoy this movie.

People can't blame others for liking certain movies. We all have reasons for liking what we like.

Last edited:
I read some pretty bad reviews! What I read is that, the move is more about how a plane is saved rather than the even which took place..

Yet you claim you haven't watched it?

Haha, I wouldn't dare go by my own critiques. I love some movies that most people loathe.

Based on the reviews, this movie is just not doing too well and it looks like they may be losing money off of it. It's possible they will get independent funding for sequels, but not likely from the studios that funded this one. Going by my judgment, it doesn't strike me as the formula of a well-received movie. The concept isn't entirely original, the cast made up of either washed-up or joke actors (sadly, Nicholas Cage is more famous today as a comical internet meme than an actor), and substance of originality isn't being sold, so most can judge by the promotions that there isn't any.

Again, it's totally fine if people want to see it and/or end up loving it. Movies, like music, is very subjective and is based on taste. Sometimes even something that lacks anything remotely good can be enjoyed legitimately and becomes a guilty pleasure.

But based on the reviews and just a guess from what I've noticed in patterns of movies coming out, this one won't be a hit. I could be wrong, but it's just a forecast.

Last edited:
I read some pretty bad reviews! What I read is that, the move is more about how a plane is saved rather than the even which took place..

The reviews I just read were all about the same...........

"The entire production feels hampered by its cheap visual effects, sloppy editing and a goofy retro 1980-90s set design, which feels more suitable for an "Airplane" movie, along with a poorly developed screenplay that seems like it was truncated into a mediocre action thriller so that the distributors could package it with a huge image of Cage on the poster standing against a fiery background."

That is too bad. I was hoping it would be a good movie.

Haha, I wouldn't dare go by my own critiques. I love some movies that most people loathe.

Based on the reviews, this movie is just not doing too well and it looks like they may be losing money off of it. It's possible they will get independent funding for sequels, but not likely from the studios that funded this one. Going by my judgment, it doesn't strike me as the formula of a well-received movie. The concept isn't entirely original, the cast made up of either washed-up or joke actors (sadly, Nicholas Cage is more famous today as a comical internet meme and than actor), and substance of originally isn't being sold, so most can judge by the promotions that there isn't any.

Again, it's totally fine if people want to see it and/or end up loving it. Movies, like music, is very subjective and is based on taste. Sometimes even something that lacks anything remotely good can be enjoyed legitimately and become guilty pleasures.

But based on the reviews and just a guess from what I've noticed in patterns of movies coming out, this one won't be a hit. I could be wrong, but it's just a forecast.

Agreed. It will probably be on HBO next week.

Maybe a TV series would be better for it?

Absolutely. TV has really raised the bar on quality over the past few years while movies have lowered it. I think part of this is because with TV, it can take its time if it needs to and often uses cliffhangers in every episode which keeps viewers committed.

However, it's also far more difficult to keep a show running than it is to get a movie made.

Granted, I'm a skeptic when it comes to Revelation being about the Rapture (let's leave that for another thread), but if I wanted to illustrate the Rapture to people and make it well-known, I'd push for an HBO mini-series -- about 8 episodes a season. It would include multiple characters from multiple parts of the world, all very different from each other. Each episode of each season would take place on the exact same day or two. The first episode would focus on one character's reaction and response to the events. The second episode would focus on another character's reaction and response on that same day, and so forth. The characters may include a wayward minister from Florida. Another character may be a famous comedian in NY. Another character may be a teenage girl from London brought up in a strict Muslim family. Maybe another could be a political tyrant. Etc. etc.

This is something I'd be far more interested in seeing because it takes its time, offers multiple scenarios, and doesn't insult the viewer.

The Left Behind movie with Cage looks more like one of those Airport disaster movies from the 70s. Very campy and something that would be difficult to take seriously.

Absolutely. TV has really raised the bar on quality over the past few years while movies have lowered it. I think part of this is because with TV, it can take its time if it needs to and often uses cliffhangers in every episode which keeps viewers committed.

However, it's also far more difficult to keep a show running than it is to get a movie made.

Granted, I'm a skeptic when it comes to Revelation being about the Rapture (let's leave that for another thread), but if I wanted to illustrate the Rapture to people and make it well-known, I'd push for an HBO mini-series -- about 8 episodes a season. It would include multiple characters from multiple parts of the world, all very different from each other. Each episode of each season would take place on the exact same day or two. The first episode would focus on one character's reaction and response to the events. The second episode would focus on another character's reaction and response on that same day, and so forth. The characters may include a wayward minister from Florida. Another character may be a famous comedian in NY. Another character may be a teenage girl from London brought up in a strict Muslim family. Maybe another could be a political tyrant. Etc. etc.

This is something I'd be far more interested in seeing because it takes its time, offers multiple scenarios, and doesn't insult the viewer.

The Left Behind movie with Cage looks more like one of those Airport disaster movies from the 70s. Very campy and something that would be difficult to take seriously.

Listen......I like your idea. If you can come up with the money to finance this thing I will volunteer to be the reporter...Buck something or other!!!!

One of my favorite series might be going to show time. Called Ranger apprentice. I just don't order those extra channels lol

Back