Left Behind Movie

I definitely agree with you on that. The Left Behind books would be better as a TV series because there's so many characters and plots to the story.
I actually agree. The dramatic audio presentation does a good job with doing the series episodically. A TV series can explore some much more to the plot than some big Hollywood studio could do.

Absolutely. TV has really raised the bar on quality over the past few years while movies have lowered it. I think part of this is because with TV, it can take its time if it needs to and often uses cliffhangers in every episode which keeps viewers committed.

However, it's also far more difficult to keep a show running than it is to get a movie made.

Granted, I'm a skeptic when it comes to Revelation being about the Rapture (let's leave that for another thread), but if I wanted to illustrate the Rapture to people and make it well-known, I'd push for an HBO mini-series -- about 8 episodes a season. It would include multiple characters from multiple parts of the world, all very different from each other. Each episode of each season would take place on the exact same day or two. The first episode would focus on one character's reaction and response to the events. The second episode would focus on another character's reaction and response on that same day, and so forth. The characters may include a wayward minister from Florida. Another character may be a famous comedian in NY. Another character may be a teenage girl from London brought up in a strict Muslim family. Maybe another could be a political tyrant. Etc. etc.
Oh yes. A TV series could do so much more. Those are interesting thoughts there.

Here's something else I thought of- for the Left Behind series, there are 12 original series (Left Behind, Tribulation Force, Nicolae, Soul Harvest, Apollyon, Assassins, The Indwelling, The Mark, Desecration, The Remnant, Armageddon, and Glorious Appearing), three prequels (The Rising, The Regime, and The Rapture) and a sequel (Kingdom Come).

Well, maybe instead of starting with Left Behind, they could start with the three prequels (though I think The Rapture could overlap with Left Behind, because they're kind of taken place at the same time). We could see Carpathia's backstory, Rayford Steele learning how to be a pilot, Irene and Raymie becoming Christians, Buck Williams at Princeton University, Suhail Akbar and Nelson Stenfich at the Madrid Military Academy, even Dr. Tsion Ben-Judah studying under Dr. Chaim Rosenzweig. If they start with the three prequels, it could make the series totally different.

Back