Let My Anger Get The Best Of Me Today, Need Some Advice.

So today I gashed my finger with glass and had to wrap it up. Went to the gym later and started working out. Near the end of my workout my wound started leaking even out of the bandage, so I got up and went to wash it off and wrap it up again. While I was washing it , these 3 young girls went and told the gym owner and he came and had a talk with me and was pretty embarrassing conversation. While he was talking to me I could see them whispering and giggling. Than I just erupted with rage and even swore a little...... I let my anger get the best of me and now I feel horrible.... set a bad testimony for my friends who also saw/heard me. I'm gonna go apologize but I still feel bad.

Most guys are generally agrresive in the gym. It is inevitable with high testosterone.

I think the girls had a valid reason...blood on the equipment (n).

Your immediate reaction is not so much the problem as is what transpired 5-10 minutes after you exploded. Any apologies?

Most guys are generally agrresive in the gym. It is inevitable with high testosterone.

Your immediate reaction is not so much the problem as is what transpired 5-10 minutes after you exploded. Any apologies?
Well I didn't directly say anything to them, matter fact I didn't even say anything to them but I was swearing to the gym owner but not at him. Just from anger. The fact that I swore and let rage consume me is really bad. And I posted a mean facebook status expressing my anger. I'm usually nice 100 % of the time this is the first time in a very long time I've done something like this. Eventually after being so nice for so long I explode, this happens like every few months or so ..... Can't tolerate some of the things people do sometimes no matter how Christ like I try to be.... eventually I snap

You owe the gym owner an apology. The shorter the span of time between wrath an apology = sincerer apology / blindness of rage.

The fact that you changed your facebook status tells me you 'gave in' to too much rage / anger then what a Christian should, given the circumstance. You need to work / pray on it. Anger can destroy you. God tolerated you and I on the cross whilst we crucified Him.

Ps. I am preaching to myself too!!!! :D Short temper is really something we need to work on daily! I have bought many 'make up gifts' and mostly not for family or wife.

Some cherry picked scriptures for us:

Prov 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
Eph 4:26-27 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.
James 1:20 For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Prov 19:11 Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
Ecc 7:9 Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
Prov 15 18 A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.
Prov 12:16 The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.
Psalm 37:8-9 Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil. For the evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.

and the best for last...

Prov 16:32 Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.

Also yea I agree with the testosterone thing lol. Well their wasnt any blood on the equipment it was just a drop or two of blood on the floor. The fact that they went and told makes me believe it wasnt really a concern about the
You owe the gym owner an apology. The shorter the span of time between wrath an apology = sincerer apology / blindness of rage.

The fact that you changed your facebook status tells me you 'gave in' to too much rage / anger then what a Christian should, given the circumstance. You need to work / pray on it. Anger can destroy you. God tolerated you on I on the cross whilst we crucified Him.

Ps. I am preaching to myself too!!!! :D Short temper is really something we need to work on daily! I have bought many 'make up gifts' and mostly not for family or wife.

Some cherry picked scriptures for us:

Prov 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
Eph 4:26-27 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.
James 1:20 For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Prov 19:11 Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
Ecc 7:9 Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
Prov 15 18 A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.
Prov 12:16 The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.
Psalm 37:8-9 Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil. For the evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.

and the best for last...

Prov 16:32 Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.

Yea im gonna apologize first thing tommorow ... its been bugging me all day... next time I need to just bite my tounge. Thanks for all the help man god bless you.... I dont feel as bad now

So today I gashed my finger with glass and had to wrap it up. Went to the gym later and started working out. Near the end of my workout my wound started leaking even out of the bandage, so I got up and went to wash it off and wrap it up again. While I was washing it , these 3 young girls went and told the gym owner and he came and had a talk with me and was pretty embarrassing conversation. While he was talking to me I could see them whispering and giggling. Than I just erupted with rage and even swore a little...... I let my anger get the best of me and now I feel horrible.... set a bad testimony for my friends who also saw/heard me. I'm gonna go apologize but I still feel bad.
Hi Alang,

Living as God wants isn't a matter of behavior and following the bible, it is a matter of walking in God's Spirit and living the life of God (the Word) found in the bible. If someone tries to live by behavior they will be subject to how their flesh is, like high testosterone levels. When we walk in the Spirit, we don't have outbursts because God reveals things to us moment to moment and fills us with the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (gal 5:22-23). When we submit our lives to God, it is God who works through us, not us doing rote acts. Have you ever asked God to have his Holy Spirit to be actively working in you and through you in every part of you in everything you are? If no, then that is the first thing you need to do. Do you trust that God will do this (reveal the new creation that you are through you)? It is God revealing the new you through you, not you forcing yourself to be the you that you believe God wants you to be. When you become saved you are now dead and buried and you are now in Christ, risen in him, having his mind, having his Spirit, and are now a part of his body.

If you seem to walk by God's Spirit some of the time and walk in your old self most of the time, you need to train yourself to say no to your flesh and yes to God's Spirit. Just like you train and strengthen your body in the gym, you need to purposely, consciously train yourself to say no to sin and it's voices not just everyday, but every moment.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

When you decidedly refuse vain imaginations when you actively bring your thoughts into subjection to Christ, you will be prepared when the tempting angry moment arises, for you will have already trained your mind to ignore the bad thoughts that stir anger. When you treat bad thoughts as non existent, ignoring them, you open yourself to hearing God's Spirit. When you hear God's Spirit and submit to it that is when the most wonderful things happen.

I am you sure that you know the damaging consequences of displaying rage (tarnished reputation, makes Christians look no different than world, others scared that it might happen again, salvation message and God's goodness now seen as questionable because of your behavior). Apologizing is definitely a great start, but can't guarantee that all the consequences are negated. However, if you start walking in the Spirit people will feel the change in you because they will feel the Spirit in you. When you walk in God's Spirit you have real love coming from you, not just an appearance of love because you are doing nice things. Although, many people can't decipher deception from truth in speech, when love is genuine many people can decipher that it is real.

In God's Spirit we are shown a different perspective than we see when looking through our own self. For example, the gym owner may not be saved. He behaves the way he did because he doesn't know God and thus is being gripped by sin and evil which without God he has no escape from. He may feel he can't stop being condescending even if he wants to. Maybe his whole life is grounded in tormenting thoughts about money and he feared losing the business of the three girls. Without God, he has no way out of the evil thoughts that caused him to act this way, regardless of the reason he behaved as he did. If unsaved he is subject to Satan and evil principalities.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."(Ephesians 6:12).

However, as a believer you have a way out. It is walking in God's Spirit. Make a conscious effort to cast away your vain imaginations everyday so that you are ready when the time of tempting comes. Pray to God. Ask for him to reveal his perspective in every situation in your life and to fill you with his supernatural love for people so that you have compassion on them even when they are behaving from evil thoughts. We can't expect the world to love us, but we must love the world so that they will want to know love. This however, can only be done through God's love.

Also, if the man was saved, he may be in the same situation as you have been, but I believe better things for you now.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20. Do you see the power there?? :) It is no longer YOU who lives! But CHRIST! You now live this life in the body by Christ! Not your own strength or dedication, but by the Strength and Will of Christ Who loved you and saved you! That old anger pone self was crucified with Christ. You are now a new creation - and Love, Patience, etc. dwells in you! The key is letting Him live through you.

""I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5. Apart from Him you can not solve this: you can not bear good fruit. But trust in Him - trust in the Srength and Life that He is - especially when you are in a situation where you feel that rage rising. And if you do this, you will find that in time - as you mature in Him - you will lose your temper less and less. There will be progress.

It is hardest to act live like Christ when things are hard but it is most important because it is when the world watches us the most. Make things right.

Back