Liberal Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of Christianity I think a liberal Christian is a little more lax with things such as rules and doesn't think of things as being quite so strict. I never set out to define myself as such but I found I could not get behind all the things that went against my human rights principles - it took having a conversation with a friend who confessed to me that he was gay before I properly understood what it all meant. He wasn't a wicked, perverted, filthy sinner as some Christians would believe, he was a kind, quiet, sensitive, lonely person who could only make that special bond with someone of the same sex. And he hated himself for it. That just tore my heart out, and I have tried very hard not to judge others ever since, and certainly not to beat them up with my Bible. I do NOT think that was what Christ wanted, nor to "educate" him or convert him or change him.
"That just tore my heart out, and I have tried very hard not to judge others ever since,"
And yet you still judge:
"He wasn't a wicked, perverted, filthy sinner as some Christians would believe, he was a kind, quiet, sensitive, lonely person who could only make that special bond with someone of the same sex."
You judge he wasn't a really bad sinner. You judge other Christians by calling them judgmental. You judge him to be kind, quiet, sensitive and lonely. Nice-ness does not make you righteous in God's eyes. That is why it says, Lord, Lord, look at all we did in your name! And Jesus says, "I never knew you."
Yes, do not beat him up with your Bible. But he does need educated and converted so Christ can change him. Or don't you think Christ can?

We all need to be changed from being wicked, perverted, filthy sinners. Yes, he needed changed, you needed changed and I needed changed. No matter what our innate, sinful nature has that we struggle with most, be it lying, stealing, gossiping, arrogance, sexual perversions, ... you name the abomination, we need help from the Holy Spirit to make these changes and continue to journey towards righteousness.
That is not the right way. Your experiences are not their experiences, they will hear you beating them over the head with the gospel and they will turn from it completely, forever, and you will be seen as the enemy. I've seen this happen enough times to know it's the truth. You help people with gentleness, compassion, and kindness. Not with threads and judgment.

What is a liberal Christian of the political viewpoint? A Christian who does not want to offend anybody. And so they allow many questionable views and lifestyles to be accepted and approved of in their church.

"That just tore my heart out, and I have tried very hard not to judge others ever since,"
And yet you still judge:
"He wasn't a wicked, perverted, filthy sinner as some Christians would believe, he was a kind, quiet, sensitive, lonely person who could only make that special bond with someone of the same sex."
Where did I judge? Those are positive qualities I listed.

But he does need educated and converted so Christ can change him. Or don't you think Christ can?
Maybe that's NOT what he needs. That is not Christ's judgment, that is YOUR judgment against him. Christ can do a lot of things but one thing He can't do is change a homosexual into a heterosexual. That's just science. But Christ can bring him comfort, so let's let Christ do that. Let go and Let God.

What is a liberal Christian of the political viewpoint? A Christian who does not want to offend anybody. And so they allow many questionable views and lifestyles to be accepted and approved of in their church.
There is a big difference between offending people and hurting them. I think what you intend to do is help them but you end up hurting them. Offense doesn't enter into the picture. People do not like to be screamed at that they are wrong by a person pointing with one finger and holding a Bible in their other hand.

That is not the right way. Your experiences are not their experiences, they will hear you beating them over the head with the gospel and they will turn from it completely, forever, and you will be seen as the enemy. I've seen this happen enough times to know it's the truth. You help people with gentleness, compassion, and kindness. Not with threads and judgment.
I agree with this. We should show them how we needed changed and what Christ did for us. We are not "better" than the unsaved. Witness to them about how the things we are ashamed of about our failings can be taken off our shoulders and we become new with Christ.

Where did I judge? Those are positive qualities I listed.

Maybe that's NOT what he needs. That is not Christ's judgment, that is YOUR judgment against him. Christ can do a lot of things but one thing He can't do is change a homosexual into a heterosexual. That's just science. But Christ can bring him comfort, so let's let Christ do that. Let go and Let God.
What is easier? Change their desires for the same sex to the opposite sex, or raise someone from the dead?

Matthew 9: 5 For which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise and walk’? 6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 7 And he arose and departed to his house.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

There is a big difference between offending people and hurting them. I think what you intend to do is help them but you end up hurting them. Offense doesn't enter into the picture. People do not like to be screamed at that they are wrong by a person pointing with one finger and holding a Bible in their other hand.
No one said anything about screaming or pointing fingers. Love will change them. Judging in a discerning fashion is not wrong. Judging in a way of condemnation and punishment is wrong.
For example, saying the gay lifestyle is wrong and sinful is discernment.
Saying they should be rounded up, harmed, or killed would be the condemnation and punishment version of judge.

Last edited:
Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Well, changing their desires from the same sex to the opposite sex isn't more difficult, it's impossible. Even if you're Jesus.
No, not that hard for the Lord, if a person is really born-again and receives Christ and the Spirit of God. The problem is that God don't save those who have gay "pride"...He saves the humble who admit they are sinners. He resist the "proud"

No, not that hard for the Lord, if a person is really born-again and receives Christ and the Spirit of God. The problem is that God don't save those who have gay "pride"...He saves the humble who admit they are sinners. He resist the "proud"
No Mitspa. I'm talking about mental health experts and even the fraudulent Exodus International admitting they were frauds. This is simple, basic scientific fact now. If you're homosexual, it's the hand you were dealt, you can't change it. Just like trying to change your eye colour.

No Mitspa. I'm talking about mental health experts and even the fraudulent Exodus International admitting they were frauds. This is simple, basic scientific fact now. If you're homosexual, it's the hand you were dealt, you can't change it. Just like trying to change your eye colour.
Im sorry you can put your trust in man and this nonsense that comes from their own wicked hearts, if you like? I know Gods power and His Word, and I trust in Him alone...that's why you and I disagree so much.

So he says God has done what He promised in the bible that He would do...and he is lying? lol Maybe he is not the one that has the issue with truth?
He's lying. Sorry, but he is.
I'm not going to argue with you further on it and risk being banned for fighting. Do your own research from unbiased sources and you'll see for yourself. You might also learn that evolution is a fact that you can't argue with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back