Life Choices

Thank you all for your advice and aid. I'm sorry if I didn't get all the facts out at first but I was originally just frustrated about the basic situation not feeling a need to expose any details of the situation. The fact of the matter is I am 18, I don't have to listen to my mom, but I was raised to obey her and I do. But she is very controlling, she always has been of everyone in her life. She's seeing a councelor, our pastor actually about her problems, but she doesn't even listen to him sometimes. Things will get better, I trust in God to know that, but that doesn't mean it won't be hard. I just get upset because it's been over a year now and she says she feels like she's given me so much freedom, when the only thing that has changed is I can stay out to midnight on friday nights. That is the only freedom I was given really. But I know she is trying to do what she feels is best for me. But at the same times, she has to know that I am not her. she wasn't raised in a christian home and I was. There is the difference.

I guess it's also her struggle to do right by God and to go against her human emotions of fear and inability to stop parenting me and watch me unfold into the woman she raised me to be.

Back