Life On Mars

Because we MUST find a way to move from this planet to ensure the survival of the human race, Mars is a stepping stone if you like. Our star has a finite lifetime so moving is absolutely necessary.

from NASA ..
A star like the
Sun has about 11 billion years of life before the white dwarf stage. It has already gone through 4.5 billion years so that leaves about 6.5 billion ...

Unless, of course, you just resign yourself to the fact that the earth will end eventually (it will) and you don't give a toss about what will happen to our descendants because you won't be here to see it.

of course I care .. but I believe God .. mankind as human only has a little over 1000 yrs left anyway, and God has said He will be here with us during that period .. and after that, He will create a new heavens and earth .. so where ever we went would just be a waste of time ..

The fact that we don't take care of the needs of everyone on the planet is entirely political. Population control is an absolute necessity in my opinion. If we don't control it then nature will I'm sure.

man's inhumanity to man perhaps is a part of nature ..

Last edited:
Then continue to live your life with blinkers on. I prefer to open my eyes and wonder at what awaits.

I hold the same opinion of you in your disbelief of God's word .. in which I put my trust in God instead of men ..

In many generations down the line, YOUR descendants will be discussing the latest life forms that have been detected outside of earth.

speculation .. it seems to me, earth is the only planet God populated .. God made the earth before He made any planets or suns, so that shows earth is the center of God's attention ..

Last edited:
if you read Genesis from a scientific point of view, you would find what it says is very interesting ..
God created the earth and plants before He did the sun ..
I think He did this to show us He was indeed in control of all ..

- GENESIS ONE & TWO EXPLAINED - part 1

Day 1a .. Heaven-Earth-Formless .. Gen 1:1-2
note: creation in Genesis 1:1-2 seems to be an almost mist-like mixture of water and dust in gravity-less darkness ..
1aDayofCreationHeaven-Earth-Formles.jpg

Day 1b .. Light-Darkness .. Gen 1:3-5
note: light in Genesis 1:1-3 when light was first created it was still mixed with the darkness, which would make the formless heavens and earth semi-visible .. light and darkness are then separated into a coexistence ..
1bDayofCreationLight-Darkness-Divid.jpg

Day 2 .. Water-Water-Separated .. Gen 1:6-8
note: in Genesis 1:6 an "expanse" (atmosphere) is created to divide the cosmic and earthly waters .. in Gen 1:7 God says the "expanse" separates the water "below" from "above" thus the "expanse" is not land .. therefore the heavens and earth are divided in a yet mist-like mixture of water and dust .. The Hebrew word that is used "shamayim", like love, has multiple meanings .. it can mean both space and atmosphere .. in this case as in Gen 1:20, Gen 2:19 & 20 it means atmosphere ..
2DayofCreationWater-Water-Divided.jpg

Day 3a .. Land-Water-Separated .. Gen 1:9-10
note: in Genesis 1:9-10 God divides the mist-like mixture of water and dust "below" and makes oceans and dry land ..
aka, giving form to the formless ..

3aDayofCreationLand-Water-Divided.jpg

Last edited:
Day 3b .. God-Creates-Plants .. Gen 1:11-13
note: in Genesis 1:11-13 God creates plants that yield "seed after their kind" .. this directly says at creation all "kinds" were created (no evolution) with the DNA to self-replicate ..
3bDayofCreationGod-Creates-Plants.jpg

Day 4 .. Sun-Moon-Created .. Gen 1:14-19
note: in Genesis 1:14-19 God creates the sun. moon, and stars, and sets them all into motion (orbit) ..
thus creating day, night, seasons and years "for the earth" ..

4aDayofCreationSun-Moon-Stars-Creat.jpg

4bDayofCreationSun-Moon-Stars-Creat.jpg

Last edited:
Question: How could plants created in day 3 live if the sun wasn’t created until day 4 ?

Answer: That would depend on who's time frame Genesis 1 was written in, mans or Gods .. If you believe the 6 days of creation were literal days, there is no problem .. However if you are a proponent that each day of creation was equivalent to 1000 years (or plus, which I do) then the significance of sequence is important ..

2Pe 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

In day 1 the energy from the sun was created, even though it was "formless and void" (plasmatic state) therefore the plants created in day 3 were sustained by the same energy created in day 1 as they were after day 4, just not yet formed in one place (an orb)
PlasmaLightwasFormless.jpg

I think God did this just to baffle scientist who think "they know it all" .. and then some scientist will step forward and say .. "you know, that actually fits into our big bang theory of star evolution" .. lol .. they just won't like the earth created first (which shows ALL in the universe was created for mankind's benefit) .. perhaps they will figure that out too, even later as to how that works .. give mankind time .. when he actually stops being arrogant, he is fairly cleaver and may figure it out ..

Last edited:
speculation .. it seems to me, earth is the only planet God populated .. God made the earth before He made any planets or suns, so that shows earth is the center of God's attention ..

In your opinion maybe, but nobody in the scientific community would accept that. A star needs to form before any planets take shape from the remaining gas cloud.

Day 1a .. Heaven-Earth-Formless .. Gen 1:1-2
note: creation in Genesis 1:1-2 seems to be an almost mist-like mixture of water and dust in gravity-less darkness ..

Yes, a nebula or cloud of material was the basis for our solar system, it would certainly have been pretty dark as well but held together by gravity still. Where is your note mentioned above found in the bible?

Question: How could plants created in day 3 live if the sun wasn’t created until day 4 ?

Answer: That would depend on who's time frame Genesis 1 was written in, mans or Gods .. If you believe the 6 days of creation were literal days, there is no problem .. However if you are a proponent that each day of creation was equivalent to 1000 years (or plus, which I do) then the significance of sequence is important ..

2Pe 3:8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

In day 1 the energy from the sun was created, even though it was "formless and void" (plasmatic state) therefore the plants created in day 3 were sustained by the same energy created in day 1 as they were after day 4, just not yet formed in one place (an orb)

I didn't realise thaat the 6 days of creation could also be interpreted as 6000 years, that is news to me. I don't follow your last comment to be honest, I tried reading it several times but still don't get it.

I think God did this just to baffle scientist who think "they know it all" .. and then some scientist will step forward and say .. "you know, that actually fits into our big bang theory of star evolution" .. lol .. they just won't like the earth created first (which shows ALL in the universe was created for mankind's benefit) .. perhaps they will figure that out too, even later as to how that works .. give mankind time .. when he actually stops being arrogant, he is fairly cleaver and may figure it out ..

I don't think that science ever strives to prove anything written in the bible, it is only interested in facts. It never goes out of its way to disprove the bible either, contrary to what some of you might think.

When I was a kid, I loved poetry and science fiction, and once when someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I told them, the first poet laureate of Mars. Confession: that's still my dream job.

I checked out an article on the fatwa. If I understand it correctly, the idea is that the inherent risks of planetary relocation are far greater than its potential benefits. If you willingly take on such a risk, that's the same thing as committing suicide. So anyone who dies on a mission to Mars is going to Hell, because suicide won't be forgiven, and they would have effectively committed suicide. The fatwa is then justified because it saves people from eternal damnation.

I personally think it's obvious that the people going to colonize Mars aren't thrill seekers, but people who will have been carefully selected because they believe in the value of the mission, and because of their value to the mission. In other words, they believe the sacrifice is justified because the potential value of the mission to humanity is greater than the value of their individual life. I actually don't totally understand why Muslims would have a problem with that -- I think it's obvious that someone could take on that task for selfless reasons and with a clean conscience.

I don't see how this could possibly confront the beliefs of Christians. Christian missionaries have always done heaps of risky stuff to serve the needs, both spiritual and material, of others. I wouldn't be surprised if Christians try to get a seat on the rocket as a chaplin to serve the spiritual needs of the crew.

i do hope they do and thus serve the needs of the Christians... and i hope that there won't be an atheist trying to boot him off on the same excuse they use here today of separation of church and state, but i bet there will be...

We are mandated by our Lord to spread the gospel and He did not say we can't on other worlds ...

In your opinion maybe, but nobody in the scientific community would accept that. A star needs to form before any planets take shape from the remaining gas cloud.

really ???
and you think Christians aren't scientists ???
who do you think invented C14 dating ???

the deal on star formation presented is MAJORLY flawed ..
please explain HOW a big bang blowing "gasses" outward (and would perpetually drift outward) be compressed once in position throughout the universe ??? :p

Yes, a nebula or cloud of material was the basis for our solar system, it would certainly have been pretty dark as well but held together by gravity still. Where is your note mentioned above found in the bible?

in reading skills and logic ..
pre light creation, pre separation and form creation ..
notice I did say "seems" ..

since light was created .. then form given ..
basically would mean the hydrogen fusion of the sun was more like a cloud before it was condensed into what we now call the sun (orb of gases)

I didn't realise thaat the 6 days of creation could also be interpreted as 6000 years, that is news to me. I don't follow your last comment to be honest, I tried reading it several times but still don't get it.

1 day = 1 human day ..
a thousand years = 1 day to the Lord ..
or there even may have been time in between that ..
the time span is given as a day, and I think consecutive days is a reasonable assumption .. again I lend towards a 6,000 yr creation timeline with a now 6,000 years of that creation completed ..

I don't think that science ever strives to prove anything written in the bible, it is only interested in facts. It never goes out of its way to disprove the bible either, contrary to what some of you might think.

many of the facts it now has came from the bible ..
and it often does go out of its way to disprove the bible as well ..
I just posted an example in the Bible Study forum of this (inre Jericho) ..

Back