Listerine as mosquito spray ?????

Dusty

Inactive
Listerine as mosquito spray ?????

This is worth a try. Sure would be better than the spray junk!

Mosquito spray.....

I can't wait to try this in the summer!

I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting
everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine,
and the little demons disappeared.

The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat
whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a
picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing
area, and the standing water nearby.

During the summer, I don't leave home without it.....Pass it on.
----------

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS:
I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works - in
fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost
me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it
is not as expensive to use as the can of spray you buy that doesn't last 30
minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days.
Don't
spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the
frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house.

Ooooooooo… good point.
Might be safer to gargle with bug spray.

When I was in the Marine Corp, we used Skin So Soft for bug spray. It mainly worked well to keep the chiggers away.
We might have been trained to kill… but we sure smelled pretty. :D

This is cool, I'll try it out.

Dean you're a good role model man. You're such a cool guy. Ex-Marine Corps. Smart. God-loving. Caring. Appreciative of beauty and not affraid to show it...

This is cool, I'll try it out.

Dean you're a good role model man. You're such a cool guy. Ex-Marine Corps. Smart. God-loving. Caring. Appreciative of beauty and not affraid to show it...

Thanks Mark.
That is very nice of you to say that.
One of the things that has helped me the most is I don’t really care what people think. It only matters if they’re right. When I was married, if my ex wanted me to hold her purse in public, I didn’t have a problem with that. I would just throw the strap over my shoulder and carry her purse for her. And another thing that has helped was when I started to respect women for who they really are. Without women, most men would be lost. I think women have always had it harder than men. It’s getting better, but it’s still hard for a lot of women in this world.

And never forget…
Growing older is mandatory.
Growing up is optional. :D

And in closing, just one correction. There is a phrase… “Once a Marine, always a Marine”
So, the term is “former” Marine, never “ex” Marine.

God bless
Dean

Caution about this product

I was remindied of this alternate Listerine usage several years ago by a relative... but she found out the hard way that it can also be a very dangerous product to use in this manner. Listerine contains a high concentration of a very specific type of alcohol. That mixture is extremely flammable under the right conditions - including being used near a gas grill. POOF! No more patio... :eek: and no more eyebrows...:rolleyes:

Just use extreme caution when you are using ANY product in a way that it was not specifically designed or approved for.

Yeeeesh. Hear that Dean? Poof! No more eyebrows.

My ex-wife used to make me carry her purse around, too. But today, people wouldn't notice because all the metrosexuals have "man-bags" anyway.:eek:

But thanks for the warning, Pastor. I sure wouldn't want to be lugging my wife's purse around WITH eyebrows painted on, hee hee hee:D

Lol, "man-bags".

I know when the mosquitos were really bad in our area, I would put scented lotion on my legs, arms and neck. I never got bit after that.

Also, burning candles in your room and turning on the ceiling fan will get rid of them little suckers, they don't like the smoke.

I think there's some kind of plant they don't like...it's not mint but it's close to mint.

Ha ha ..... Dean. Well if we are gargling this stuff and it can kill mosquitoes what is it doing to our mouths ?:D:D:D

Have you seen the commercial with the guy eating Louisiana hit sauce? A mosquito bites ham, flies off and bursts into flames.:p

Yeeeesh. Hear that Dean? Poof! No more eyebrows.

My ex-wife used to make me carry her purse around, too. But today, people wouldn't notice because all the metrosexuals have "man-bags" anyway.:eek:

But thanks for the warning, Pastor. I sure wouldn't want to be lugging my wife's purse around WITH eyebrows painted on, hee hee hee:D

I hear that. I’m already starting to get the “old man” eyebrows. The extra long white ones are starting to show up. I have to pluck one or two out each month. I’ll do that until I get married again… then I can just let myself go. Unibrow… man bag… fanny pack… the whole 9 yards. :D

What was this thread about again?
Something about killer misquotes invading Minnesota from Louisiana because they ran out of hot sauce? :confused:

That cannot be as we would never run out of hot sauce.:eek:

Have you seen the commercial with the guy eating Louisiana hit sauce? A mosquito bites ham, flies off and bursts into flames.:p

Hey… don’t joke about that. I hear the terrorists are training them in as suicide bombers.
I think there’s a thread somewhere about how they are coming up to Minnesota. :rolleyes:

And Whirlwind is worried about Bigfoot?
(Just kidding. God only knows what’s out there)

Bigfoot I can hear coming it's littlefoot I am worried about!:eek:

Lol, "man-bags".

I know when the mosquitos were really bad in our area, I would put scented lotion on my legs, arms and neck. I never got bit after that.

Also, burning candles in your room and turning on the ceiling fan will get rid of them little suckers, they don't like the smoke.

I think there's some kind of plant they don't like...it's not mint but it's close to mint.

It's called a citronella plant..... Don't know if the spelling is right. Well I don't think burning candles would be my solution as what if I fell asleedp and the cats knocked over the candles. ?

The mosquitoes in Louisiana are so big we are considering making them the State bird.:eek:

Just put up a sign.
That should keep the pesky critters away.

mosquito.jpg

My old, old, old ex-wife used to buy that skin-so-soft stuff from Avon. Or was it feet-so-soft? Something like that. It used to keep the bugs away, too.

What was amazing? By accident, I got some of it on my gameboy one night (no kidding!) and when I went to wipe it off...the paint came right off!:eek:

Honestly, try it!

Bo - there really are smaller versions of bigfoot. They're called Stick Indians; our legends speak highly of them. These, I did see when I was a little boy. It was an amazing sight. My grandma told me that my life was going to be extraordinary. So far, she was right.:eek:

Poof!

Hey wadda ya know. Skin-so-soft bursts into flames, too.:D

Back