Love Reminders

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
For those of you who has heard of or taken the "LOVE DARE" this is from the same series called "LOVE DARE REMINDERS."

The world says to follow your heart, but if you are not leading it, someone or something else is. The Bible says that "the heart is more decitful than all else" (Jeremiah 17:9), and it will always pursue that which feels right at the moment.

Love is a decision and not just a feeling. It is selfless, sacrificial, and transformational.

"Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love -
1 Corinthians 13:13
Love is Patient:
May 22
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. - Ephesians 4:2 NIV

LOVE IS KIND
May 23

Patience avoids a problem; kindness creates a blessing. Kindness is love in action.

Love is not "Rude"
May 24
Love is not Rude: To be rude is to act unbecoming, embarrassing, or irritating. In marriage, this could be a foul mouth, poor table manners, or a habit of making sarcastic quips. However you look at it, no one enjoys being around a rude person.

Love "Endures"
May 25
Of all the things love dares to do, this is the ultimate. Though threatened, it keeps pursuing. Though challenged, it keeps moving forward. Though mistreated and rejected, it refuses to give up. Love never fails.

Love is not "Irritable"
May 26
Being easily angered is an indicator that a hidden area of selfishness or insecurity is present where love is supposd to rule.

Love is "thoughtful"
May 28
Love requires thoughtfulness - on both sides - the kind that builds bridges through the constructive combination of patience, kindness, and selflessness. Love teaches you how to meet in the middle, to respect and appreciate how your spouse uniquely thinks.

Love "Believes the Best"
May 29
Your spouse is a living, breathing, endless book to be read. Dreams and hopes have yet to be realized. Talents and abilities may be discovered like hidden treasure. But the choice to explore them starts with a decision by you.

Love is not "Jealous"
May 30
Because love is not selfish and puts others first, it refuses to let jealousy in. It leads you to celebrate the successes of your spouse rather than resenting them. A loving husband doesn't mind his wife being better at something, having more fun, or getting more applause. He sees her as completing him, not competing with him.

Love makes "Good Impressions"
May 31
Your greeting and expressions of love don't have to be bold and dramatic every time. But adding warmth and enthusiasm gives you the chance to touch your mate's heart in subtle, unspoken ways.

Love Is "Unconditional"
June 1
Unconditional love is "in sickness and health" love, for richer or poorer" love, "for better or worse" love. It is the only kind of love that is true love.

Love Is "Unconditional"
June 1
Unconditional love is "in sickness and health" love, for richer or poorer" love, "for better or worse" love. It is the only kind of love that is true love.

I love this!! My (and my husband's!) 21 year wedding anniversary is today, 6/1. Having been through all the joys and sorrows you can imagine this past 21+ years has held, all I can say is the above statements are what marriage all boils down to; there is no secret to staying married, only unconditional (and sacrificial) love - and I might add - freely given!

I love this!! My (and my husband's!) 21 year wedding anniversary is today, 6/1. Having been through all the joys and sorrows you can imagine this past 21+ years has held, all I can say is the above statements are what marriage all boils down to; there is no secret to staying married, only unconditional (and sacrificial) love - and I might add - freely given!

HAPPY 21ST ANNIVERSARY!!!! You are absolutely right. There is no big secret to being in a happy, unconditional love filled marriage. Just LOVE!!! Love inspite of, Love in the midst of, Love when its good, Love when its bad, Love when I'm going through it, Love when the sun is shining, Love when its thundering.....LOVE

Love "Cherishes"
June 2
Whenever a husband looks into the eyes of his wife, he should remember that "he who loves his wife loves himself." And a wife should remember that when she loves him, she is also giving love and honor to herself. (see Ephesians 5:28)

Love "lets the other win"
June 3
The wise and loving thing to do is to start approaching your disagreements with a willingness to not always insist on your own way. That's not to say your mate is necessarily right or being wise about a matter, but you are choosing to give strong consideration to their preference as a way of valuing them.

Love "Fights Fair"
June 4
Fighting fair means changing your weapons. Disagreeing with dignity. It should result in building a bridge instead of burning one down. Remember, love is not a fight, but it is always worth fighting for.

Love "Takes Delight"
June 5
It's time to lead your heart to once again delight in your mate. Enjoy your spouse. Accept this person - quirks and all - and welcome him or her back into your heart. You get to choose what you delight in.

Love is "Honorable"
June 6
When two people marry, each spouse becomes "holy" to each other by way of "holy matrimony." This means no other person in the whole world is supposed to enjoy this level of commitment and endearment from you. Your relationship is like no other. You share physical intimacy with only her, only him. You establish a home with this person. You bear children with this person. Your heart, your possessions, your life itself is to be wrapped up in the uncommon bond you share with this one individual.

Love "Intercedes"
June 7
You cannot change your spouse. But here's what you can do. You can become a "wise farmer." A farmer cannot make a seed grow into a fruitful crop. He cannot argue, manipulate, or demand it to bear fruit But he can plant the seed into fertile soil, give it water and nutrients, protect it from weeds, and then turn it over to God.

Love promotes "Intimacy"
June 8
Your mate should not feel pressured to be perfect in order to receive your approval. They should not walk on eggshells in the very place where they ought to feel the most comfortable in their bare feet. The Bible says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts our fear" (1 John 4:18). The atmosphere in your marriage should be one of freedom.

Love seeks to "Understand"
June 9
Desire to know your spouse even better than you do now. Make him or her your chosen field of study, and you will fill your home with the kind of riches only love can provide. "Acquire wisdom; and with all your acquiring, get understanding" (Proverbs 4:7)

Back