Love Reminders

Love "Endures"
July 9
Of all the things love dares to do, this is the ultimate. Though threatened, it keeps pursuing. Though challenged, it keeps moving forward. Though mistreated and rejected, it refuses to give up. Love never fails.

Love is a "Covenant"
July 10
A contract is self-serving and comes with limited liability. It establishes a time frame for certain deliverables to be met and accomplished. A covenant is for the benefit of others and comes with unlimited responsibility. It has no expiration date. It is "till death do us part."

Leading Your Heart
July 11
You can give undeserved love to your spouse because God gave undeserved love to you - repeatedly, enduringly. Love is often expressed the most to those who deserve it the least.

Love is "Patient"
July 12
We are born with a lifelong thirst for love. Our hearts desperately need it like our lungs need oxygen. Love changes our motivation for living. Relationships become meaningful with it. No marriage is successful without it.

Love is "Patient"
July 13
Love is built on two pillars that best define what it is. Those pillars are patience and kindness. All other characteristics of love are extensions of these two attributes.

Love is "Kind"
July 16
When you're operating from kindness, you're careful how you treat your spouse, never being unnecessarily harsh. You're sensitive. Tender.

Love is not "Selfish"
July 17
Choosing to love your mate will cause you to say "no" to what you want so you can say "yes" to what they need. That's putting the happiness of your partner above your own.

Love is "Thoughtful"
July 18
The thoughtful nature of love teaches you to engage your mind before engaging your lips. Love thinks before speaking. It filters words through a grid of truth and kindness.

Love is not "Rude"
July 19
When a man is driven by love, he intentionally behaves in a way that's more pleasant for his wife to be around. If she desires to love him, she purposefully avoids things that frustrate him or cause him discomfort.

Love is not "Irritable"
July 20
Love is Not Irritable: Some people are like lemons: when life squeezes them, they pour out a sour response. Some are more like peaches: when the pressure is on, the result is still sweet.​

Love Believes the Best
July 23
Love chooses to believe the best about people. It gives them the benefit of the doubt. It refuses to fill in the unknowns with negative assumptions. And when our worst hopes are proven to be true, love makes every effort to deal with them and move forward. As much as possible, love focuses on the posititve.

Love is not "Jealous"
July 24
Jealousy is a common stuggle. If you're not careful, jealousy slithers like a viper into your heart and strikes your motivations and relationships. It can poison you from living the life of love God intended. The Bible says that envy leads to fighting, quarreling, and every evil thing (see James 3:16, 4:1-2).

Love makes good "Impressions"
July 25
A good greeting sets the stage for positive and healthy interaction. Like love, it puts wind in your sails.

Love is "Unconditional"
July 26
Love that "bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7) does not come from within. It can only come from God.

Love "Cherishes"
July 27
Don't let the culture around you determine the worth of your marriage. To compare it with something that can be discarded or replaced is to dishonor God's purpose for it.

Love Lets the Other Win
July 30
The very moment one of you says, "I'm willing to go your way ont his one," the argument is over.

Love Fights Fair
July 31
Love Fights Fair: "Me" boundaries are rules you personally practice on your own like: 1. I will listen first before speaking. (see James 1:19) 2. I will deal with my own issues up front. (see matthew 7:3) 3. I will speak gently and keep my voice down. (see Proverbs 15:1).

Love takes "Delight"
Aug. 1
Love that choses to love is just as powerful as love that feels like loving.​

Love is "Honorable"
Aug. 3
To honor someone means to give them respect and high esteem, to treat them as being special and of great worth. When you speak to them, you keep your language clean and understandable. You are courteous and polite. When they speak to you, you take them seriously, giving their words weight and significance. When they ask you to do something, you accommodate them if at all possible, simply out of respect for who they are.

Love "Intercedes"
Aug. 6
Love Intercedes: Has your scolding or nagging been working? The answer is no, because that's not what changes a heart. It is time to try talking to God in your prayer closet instead and intercede for your mate.

Back