Many Are Called but Few Are Chosen

Deni .... I don't know what Joshua trees are .

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
Umm I still don't know how to put pics up here. Here is a url you can go to. There are Joshua trees. Some cholla (pronounced choya) You can touch the Joshua trees. You do not want to touch the cholla. Its also called jumping cholla. I really love the desert country. Arizona, Southern Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, even eastern California. Believe it or not Southern Oregon has love beautiful desert too

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
Umm I still don't know how to put pics up here. Here is a url you can go to. There are Joshua trees. Some cholla (pronounced choya) You can touch the Joshua trees. You do not want to touch the cholla. Its also called jumping cholla. I really love the desert country. Arizona, Southern Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, even eastern California. Believe it or not Southern Oregon has love beautiful desert too

I lived in Oregon for 24 years. Are you sure these trees grow in Southern Oregon? There are lots of mountainous ranges there, kinda like Norther Calif. Lots of rain and sorta same weather as the Coast. But, Eastern Oregon, that's where the desert-like area is. Very dry and flatter, very dry too. Not meaning to say you don't know what you're talking about though, I know you have don't lots of driving. I've seen them thar trees in Eastern Oregon. Why are they called specifically Joshua trees? What did Joshua do to deserve his name being used? Bonnie

I lived in Oregon for 24 years. Are you sure these trees grow in Southern Oregon? There are lots of mountainous ranges there, kinda like Norther Calif. Lots of rain and sorta same weather as the Coast. But, Eastern Oregon, that's where the desert-like area is. Very dry and flatter, very dry too. Not meaning to say you don't know what you're talking about though, I know you have don't lots of driving. I've seen them thar trees in Eastern Oregon. Why are they called specifically Joshua trees? What did Joshua do to deserve his name being used? Bonnie

No I've been all over Oregon There are no Joshua trees in most of it. Lots of prickly pear and some cholla though. Other cactii as well. Only a few Joshuas in South east Or.

They are called Joshua trees because of the way they hold their arms up.
I believe it was Joshua who stood above a valley with his arm raised and the sun stood still until his army destroyed the enemy.

Somebody please correct me if it was not Joshua.

Oh cause it said
Quote:
The Joshua tree (Yucca brevifolia) is a monocotyledonous tree native to southwestern North America, in the states of California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada. Confined mostly to the Mojave Desert between 400-1,800 m (2,000-6,000 feet), they thrive in the open grasslands of Queen Valley and Lost Horse Valley in Joshua Tree National Park.

And that's where I got Yucca but it is from the Yucca family. What do I know ? I am from the frozen north ..... Ha ha :D

Ya it did say it was a Joshua Tree and like you said it is holding it's branches up in praise to God .... Way cool.

Oh cause it said

And that's where I got Yucca but it is from the Yucca family. What do I know ? I am from the frozen north ..... Ha ha :D

Ya it did say it was a Joshua Tree and like you said it is holding it's branches up in praise to God .... Way cool.

Weeeellllll!! Hey If they say its related I would not be surprised. I'm a driver not a botanist. grin. They do look alike in the leaves though.

:cool::cool::D:D.... Oh I get mine from Alo Vera. Actually that stuff is really good and I got some pure Alo vera and put it on my sunburn and it took the burn right out.

I stopped in a few times at Nowhere Az. The whole area is dense with Joshua trees. Nowhere is an interesting place with a population of two and one of two is a dog. Its beautiful there Quiet. I thought about buying it, but my Lady said the population would still be two and one's a dog if I did. LOL

LOL.... Good you listen to your lady ...:D Anyways good night . It is after midnight here and only 10:17 there.

Why were you chosen, and not your next door neighbor?

I was not chosen...i chose...then God chose what purpose I had for him after salvation. To the second part...his invite went out to everyone in the form of the Bible...my next door neighbor has either regected it or not heard it.

Why were you chosen and not your brother/sister?

See part B above

Why were you chosen? You are no more special than anybody else.

Again see part be above for the first bit...for the second...whose perception is that...yours or my childrens?

You were chosen because of all the called, You responded. You came.

No I disagree.
Selah

To those chosen God gave....:)

Again no..I disagree

How do you explain this then Techie
John 6:44
"44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day."

If you chose and He, the Almighty God, did not choose you, then what different is our God from other non existent gods ?
Do not the pagans also choose to follow their own gods and idols ? and unbelievers their own idols ?

the Father does draw us to Jesus through someone or something else.

Techie what about this verse:
John 15:16
"16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."

God knows whom He will use. Do you deny that?

sister forgive me if I appear arrogant.

Back