Many Are Called but Few Are Chosen

sorry to jump in,but the thread title got me thinking about Matthew 22. especially verses 12-14. =x We are all called,but only become chosen when we respond to the call.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
[ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

So God chose us but we have a free wil, and choice to choose Him.

Romans 9:10-16
I like the Billy Grahm explaination 'When you enter the pearly gates it reads 'Come ye whomsoever will, and when you walk through it and look back it reads The elect from before the foundation of the world,' or something like that. The elect are faceless people to us. We are to call as many as we can, that is the Great Commision, our Mission. Who will respond? Only God knows. 1 Corinthians 3:7
God Bless

Why were you chosen, and not your next door neighbor?

Why were you chosen and not your brother/sister?

Why were you chosen? You are no more special than anybody else.

You were chosen because of all the called, You responded. You came.

Selah

To those chosen God gave....:)

Jesus chooses and draws everyone, But people have to make the choice to follow Him.

Quote: Why were you chosen?

I used to ask that question all the time.

God's sovereign grace. It goes back to the covenant He made with Abraham.

Romans 9:15
For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."

After I read that verse I nod my head and accept it. I've thought many different things in my head, but no reasoning of mine can explain His Sovereignty.

Romans:9:10-16
10 This son was our ancestor Isaac. When he married Rebekah, she gave birth to twins. 11 But before they were born, before they had done anything good or bad, she received a message from God. This message shows that God chooses people according to his own purposes; 12 he calls people, but not according to their good or bad works. She was told, “Your older son will serve your younger son.” 13 In the words of the Scriptures, “I loved Jacob, but I rejected Esau.” 14 Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not! 15 For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.” 16 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

God loves everyone, and will show mercy to anyone who will believe.
At least NINE times in the Bible it says, God is no respecter of people.
And the Bible says to be a respecter of people is sin.
For God to choose one and not another, makes Him a sinner.
That is why God in his sovereignty has given everyone the right to choose Him or reject Him.

Yup All were called.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
1) to predetermine, decide beforehand
2) in the NT of God decreeing from eternity
3) to foreordain, appoint beforehand) to be blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Those that answer the call are predestined (

God Predetermine and foreordained a body, That body consists of everone who will believe.

O. K. ..... I have a question that has been puzzling me for a long time .

What about the remote tribes in Africa who have never heard the gospel or others in other religions other than Christian religion.?

How can they be accountable when they have never heard ? And what happens to them when they die ?

"For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus." Romans 2:12-16

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?" Romans 8:28-31

If this does not fit the theme of this thread please let me know and I will move it- it was I believe the Lord Himself that lead me to share this:

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

The One who loves you saw your heart, he saw your choices and out of His great love He choose you to be in Christ before the foundation of the world. He spared no expense to pay your price. He is constantly working in the circumstances of your life to bring you ever deeper into a place of surrender and ever closer to the center of His will.
When you fall, when you stumble, when you mess up He is already there waiting to lift you up and set you on the path that He Himself has chosen for you. How can we but yield our all in response to such a great love? Is He not worthy of the surrender of every hidden place in your heart?
He my friends wants it all- He wants not just those parts you have been willing to give but He wants those dark, those painful and hidden things in your life. In His hands those bleeding wounds will be washed clean, anointed with oil and healed. There is nothing so dark that He will not gladly take it from you and leave you with new life in it's place.
Our Father is in the business of shaking all that can be shaken and only as we find our lives rooted and grounded in Him will we find the peace we so desperately need. Why all this shaking my friends- for two reasons.
The first is to pull down that house of cards that a man finds himself living in when his trust (faith) is in any provision, means, source or strength than the complete and utter faith in Christ.
The second is to not only bring down the false foundations of this worldly system but to have the very children of God shine forth as examples. Fearless in the onslaught of the storm, unmoved by the howling wind these people of God are examples of His grace, His power to keep all trusted into His hand and His ability to pour out blessings no matter what the circumstance. My friends God is going to be glorified in and through His people.

Dusty,

here is a passage where I believe talks about those who have not heard the message.
but I am not sure if that's what it is talking about. check out especially verse 48 but read it all to know how it plays out :)

Luke 12:35-48
35 “Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and[d] not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?
42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

what do you think? is it relevant :S?

Quote: Boanerges: "My friends God is going to be glorified in and through His people."
Amen brother

Quote: Ramsey: "here is a passage where I believe talks about those who have not heard the message.
but I am not sure if that's what it is talking about. check out especially verse 48 but read it all to know how it plays out :)

Luke 12:35-48
35 “Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and[d] not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
41 Then Peter said to Him, “Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?
42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

what do you think? is it relevant :S?"

Here's a commentary on that http://biblecommenter.com/luke/12-48.htm

Sorry I had to run when I first posted this. I think that refers to the believers, and to those who had ears, like when these words were spoken to the people:

"let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead-- by this name this man stands here before you in good health. "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:10-12

Christ is the only way. All that the Father gave to Jesus are His and no one can take them out of His Hand. Jesus and the Father are one. His sheep know Him and hear His voice. If some do not hear Him or know His voice, are they His sheep? God alone gets the glory that is His due. We can't understand His wisdom, nor should we, the clay, say to the Potter 'What are You doing?" God chose us in Him and He will get all the glory...why He chooses to save some and not others? I think that's comes down to Sovereignty.
God Bless
:)

Quote: Liberated: "For God to choose one and not another, makes Him a sinner.
That is why God in his sovereignty has given everyone the right to choose Him or reject Him."

If God is Sovereign, does that mean He is a respector of persons? And if He acts according to His own Sovereignty, does that make Him a sinner?

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

24being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
25whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;
26for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27Where then is boasting? It is excluded By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.
28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

8That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.
9For this is the word of promise: "AT THIS TIME I WILL COME, AND SARAH SHALL HAVE A SON."
10And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac;
11for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,
12it was said to her, "THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER."
13Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."
14What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!
15For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."
16So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH."
18So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.
19You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?"
20On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
21Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?
22What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
23And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,
24even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.
25As He says also in Hosea,
"I WILL CALL THOSE WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, 'MY PEOPLE,'
AND HER WHO WAS NOT BELOVED, 'BELOVED.'"
26"AND IT SHALL BE THAT IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, 'YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,'
THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD."
27Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED;
28FOR THE LORD WILL EXECUTE HIS WORD ON THE EARTH, THOROUGHLY AND QUICKLY."
29And just as Isaiah foretold,
"UNLESS THE LORD OF SABAOTH HAD LEFT TO US A POSTERITY,
WE WOULD HAVE BECOME LIKE SODOM, AND WOULD HAVE RESEMBLED GOMORRAH."
30What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;
31but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.
32Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33just as it is written,
"BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE,
AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

http://biblecommenter.com/romans/9-10.htm

What about the remote tribes in Africa who have never heard the gospel or others in other religions other than Christian religion.?

How can they be accountable when they have never heard ? And what happens to them when they die ?

Still unanswered

Originally Posted by Dusty

Everyone is accountable to God Romans 1:20 Ecclesiastes 3:11
Unregenerate man is in rebellion toward God Romans 1:21-23
You will find the Lord if you seek Him with all of your heartDeuteronomy 4:29
but No one seeks the LordRomans 3:11
There is none ho does good Romans 3:12
All who reject God: Romans 1:24-32
Salvation only through Jesus Acts 4:10-12

1 Peter 1

A Living Hope, and a Sure Salvation

1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen
2according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
7so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
8and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.
10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.
12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things into which angels long to look.
13Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,
15but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
16because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
17If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;
18knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,
19but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
20For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you
21who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
22Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,
23for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,
"ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS,
AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS.
THE GRASS WITHERS,
AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF,
25BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER "

Romans 8:28-31
And this is the word which was preached to you"for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light" Ephesians 5:8

If man is born spiritually unregenerate, does not hear the gospel, does not hear the voice of God, never gets washed in the blood of Christ, and is without excuse as they have been shut up under the law, yet remain accountable to God, and are judged before God, whos works pass through the fire, not having Jesus Christ to cover them, where do they go? If they are not standing as a sheep in the kingdom of heaven, covered by the work of Christ, who died for all of His children, would they be part of the flock? If one is seperated from Christ in this life, and remain seperated when they die, shall they be united to Him at the end of the age?

God is the judge. Romans 2:12-16 We are told to preach the gospel Matthew
28:19-20

The Lord's knowledge is too wonderful for me. I don't even know why i had to write in italics above or why this is now blue, but if I find some more verses I'll put them up. :) I wonder if this smiley face also will be blue:)

God bless

Back