Matthew 7:1

Yes, in the article Miles Stanford hit the nail on the head when he wrote:

"One of the reasons for the Church being in a sickly condition today is that believers have not obeyed the commands of God’s Word to judge error. “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them” (Rom 16:17). The false teachers made the “divisions,” and not those who protest against their errors."

We should always be prepared to follow Paul when he says the following:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).

Yes I agree but the word is the judge I am not to make values I can judge someone by. I am to stand by the word and let fellow believers know to wrongs and rights from the word and show unbelievers the Word

Yes, I think I see your point-the Word is our ultimate authority and the basis for any reproof, correction, judgement, condemnation. As Ambassadors of Christ; we are responsible and given authority through God's Word for leadership if put in that position. Pastors head the Church, Fathers head the Home, Mothers, head the Children-Christ is the head of All.

'Judging' on our own accord is not scriptural-and living in hypocrisy as a 'leader' is also not scriptural. Am I close to your reasoning?

Yes, I think I see your point-the Word is our ultimate authority and the basis for any reproof, correction, judgement, condemnation. As Ambassadors of Christ; we are responsible and given authority through God's Word for leadership if put in that position. Pastors head the Church, Fathers head the Home, Mothers, head the Children-Christ is the head of All.

'Judging' on our own accord is not scriptural-and living in hypocrisy as a 'leader' is also not scriptural. Am I close to your reasoning?

Yes, I believe that you are. When it comes to the "moral" sphere we should not be pointing our fingers at others, especially since we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

But in regard to the teaching of the Scriptures we should indeed stand up and condemn false teaching.

Back