Mormonism

I forgot to say, saw Phil Driscoll with his trumpet back in the '80's, whoa, we worshiped and that trumpet was glorifying the Lord,

Gene
We were in what I now call a cult -- I was born and reared in it and I stayed in it because from birth, they promised me hell for myself and my children if I left. I was driving down a city street, literally screaming these words at G-d in complete rage, "Leave me alone! Leave me alone! I am sick of serving you and everyone else. I am going to just serve myself from now on." Then I flipped the radio on, to drown out my anger, and Immediately, there was Phil Driscoll singing, "You gotta serve somebody." The truth of that song burrowed into my very soul, and I recognized the truth of the lyrics. My next words were a grateful realization of the truth, as I said, "I will serve You! I don't want to serve it (meaning satan)." I will never forget. Ever.

It took years for me to leave the cult, and in fact, I never found the courage. They removed me, thinking to punish me. Praise G-d!

We were in what I now call a cult -- I was born and reared in it and I stayed in it because from birth, they promised me hell for myself and my children if I left. I was driving down a city street, literally screaming these words at G-d in complete rage, "Leave me alone! Leave me alone! I am sick of serving you and everyone else. I am going to just serve myself from now on." Then I flipped the radio on, to drown out my anger, and Immediately, there was Phil Driscoll singing, "You gotta serve somebody." The truth of that song burrowed into my very soul, and I recognized the truth of the lyrics. My next words were a grateful realization of the truth, as I said, "I will serve You! I don't want to serve it (meaning satan)." I will never forget. Ever.

It took years for me to leave the cult, and in fact, I never found the courage. They removed me, thinking to punish me. Praise G-d!
Now it appears to me that God...My Abba is trying to speak? By the way why use the G-d? His children call Him Abba Father and have no fear in His name?

Now it appears to me that God...My Abba is trying to speak
And speak He did! Bless the L-rd!

By the way why use the G-d? His children call Him Abba Father and have no fear in His name?
Mitspa, forgive me.

He is my Father, my constant Companion, my Giver of Life, my Best Friend but my Judge and a Consuming Fire. My middle name has His Name in it.

But in my circles, some often leave out a letter of His Name in order to never desecrate that Name.

Yes, I know that such words as G-d and L-rd are not His Names, but in the States, we often use these words as His Names, especially in prayer and praise . . . then some use the same words in derision and curses. His Names are a big deal to me, so regardless that some have dropped this practice, I have not, although I've thought of it.

Yes, there is more to this practice, but this is my shorter answer. :)

We heard him play the old Hymns, no singing, just his trumpet, ...man, and then when he played, How Great Though Art, ............we were in the presence of the Lord.

And yeah sis, we have the right to call God Father, actually like Mitspa said, Abba Father, and abba in the Greek language would be correctly translated into the English as daddy or even da-da, .......since He is the One who inspired Paul to tell us that, then that is His desire as to how He wants us to consider Him, ...remember what Jesus said, we are to be converted and become like little children.

Just curious, what study helps are you using in your Bible study?

Blessings,

Gene

:D You probably didn't notice, but that's what I wrote. :D

I would encourage you in the Lord to take a step of courage and toss out the religious remnants of what you once adhered to and break open a new intimacy with the Father. Reverence for the Lord our God is not found in how one writes His title, but in running to Him as He welcomes us with open arms and flinging ourselves at Him as our daddy! That gives Him great pleasure!

I have never failed to vote in a presidential election, until the last one..I have always considered myself a Rep...but sadly I see that they do not really represent the values of the people anymore than the Dems....They forced the last two candidates upon us and this Mormon was the last straw for me! I could not and cannot vote for those I know are ungodly and that I see are at work against the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Yup, that's why I wrote Jesus on mine.

And speak He did! Bless the L-rd!

Mitspa, forgive me.

He is my Father, my constant Companion, my Giver of Life, my Best Friend but my Judge and a Consuming Fire. My middle name has His Name in it.

But in my circles, some often leave out a letter of His Name in order to never desecrate that Name.

Yes, I know that such words as G-d and L-rd are not His Names, but in the States, we often use these words as His Names, especially in prayer and praise . . . then some use the same words in derision and curses. His Names are a big deal to me, so regardless that some have dropped this practice, I have not, although I've thought of it.

Yes, there is more to this practice, but this is my shorter answer. :)

Dear one, He is not your Judge, He took your place in Judgement, He is now our Advocate (Lawyer) and He is in the role of the Defense Lawyer against the prosecutor satan, and every case the accuser brings before the Father is dismissed, actually we are exonerated, because of lack of evidence.

Yes our God is a Consuming Fire, but like the three Hebrew boys in the fiery furnace, the fire can't hurt us, remember what was the only thing burned off of them? The ropes that had bound them, that is an illustration, a type of how the Holy Spirit is burning off the ropes that bound us to this world, burning away the flesh, we are never hurt in the process, only sanctified, being conformed into to the image of our precious Lord, being made fit for Heaven.

Blessings,

Gene

We heard him play the old Hymns, no singing, just his trumpet, ...man, and then when he played, How Great Though Art, ............we were in the presence of the Lord.
Oh, I LOVE trumpet, and he is excellent. Love it!

And yeah sis, we have the right to call God Father, actually like Mitspa said, Abba Father, and abba in the Greek language would be correctly translated into the English as daddy or even da-da, .......since He is the One who inspired Paul to tell us that, then that is His desire as to how He wants us to consider Him, ...remember what Jesus said, we are to be converted and become like little children.
Yeah, I took a little Koine Greek years ago but forgot more than I learned. :D My middle name actually means that He is my Father. Love that, too.

Just curious, what study helps are you using in your Bible study?

Blessings,

Gene
Oh, let's see.
Probably the one I reach for more than all others is my Hebrew/Greek/English Interlinear Bible. So easy to use if I'm not doing a deep study.
Other Greek Bibles and other Hebrew Bibles
A Hebrew/English lexicon
A Greek/English lexicon
Books of notes I have made in past studies
An old Vines (with caution)
A kajillion other books from where I worship, which publishes and has a school

DO NOT BE IMPRESSED!
I need these because I don't know enough by myself.

I would encourage you in the Lord to take a step of courage and toss out the religious remnants of what you once adhered to and break open a new intimacy with the Father.
My new friend, although I am sure you believe that you are giving me your best advice, I cannot take it. :unsure: Hope you understand. The way I worship now is in no way similar to how I once worshiped; rather, it is what I searched for since my interest turned toward G-d at the age of 14, started seriously considering what the Bible says, and started asking questions to which I received no legitimate answers. I have now received those answers.

Reverence for the Lord our God is not found in how one writes His title, but in running to Him as He welcomes us with open arms and flinging ourselves at Him as our daddy! That gives Him great pleasure!
If my reverence for G-d were based on merely how I write His Name, I would, indeed, be very limited and miserable. :)

My new friend, although I am sure you believe that you are giving me your best advice, I cannot take it. :unsure: Hope you understand. The way I worship now is in no way similar to how I once worshiped; rather, it is what I searched for since my interest turned toward G-d at the age of 14, started seriously considering what the Bible says, and started asking questions to which I received no legitimate answers. I have now received those answers.

If my reverence for G-d were based on merely how I write His Name, I would, indeed, be very limited and miserable. :)

It's OK, tezriLi---I was just hoping to offer you some freedom in that area, but it is between you and God. It isn't a crime against Him, after all!

Dear one, He is not your Judge, He took your place in Judgement, He is now our Advocate (Lawyer) and He is in the role of the Defense Lawyer against the prosecutor satan, and every case the accuser brings before the Father is dismissed, actually we are exonerated, because of lack of evidence.

Yes our God is a Consuming Fire, but like the three Hebrew boys in the fiery furnace, the fire can't hurt us, remember what was the only thing burned off of them? The ropes that had bound them, that is an illustration, a type of how the Holy Spirit is burning off the ropes that bound us to this world, burning away the flesh, we are never hurt in the process, only sanctified, being conformed into to the image of our precious Lord, being made fit for Heaven.

Blessings,

Gene
Oh, please don't disappoint me! :rolleyes: When He judges me, He corrects me, and I love His correction, even though it makes me cringe. Sometimes, I don't immediately comply, but He stands there beside me, waiting. Then because I love Him, I say to Him, "You are G-d, and I am not," and I give in . . . and feel so foolish that I didn't just give in, in the first place. I am glad that He is my Judge now, not later. Do you see where I'm coming from? :) I know that I have my High Priest, Who is continually interceding for me, but I need to comply. I have felt like I have been through the flame (I will not say fire: I have not been put through that kind of severity). I remember (a little bit) a song I learned in Mississippi that was taken from Scripture:

Refrain:
Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long.
God Leads Us Along [.xml], by George A. Young, 1903, Copyright: Public Domain.
http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/God_Leads_Us_Along/

There is nothing wrong with typing or writing God's name the way you do, IMO. I'm actually surprised anyone commented on it. It's not important. What's important is that you have a relationship with Him! :)

Oh, please don't disappoint me! :rolleyes: When He judges me, He corrects me, and I love His correction, even though it makes me cringe. Sometimes, I don't immediately comply, but He stands there beside me, waiting. Then because I love Him, I say to Him, "You are G-d, and I am not," and I give in . . . and feel so foolish that I didn't just give in, in the first place. I am glad that He is my Judge now, not later. Do you see where I'm coming from? :) I know that I have my High Priest, Who is continually interceding for me, but I need to comply. I have felt like I have been through the flame (I will not say fire: I have not been put through that kind of severity). I remember (a little bit) a song I learned in Mississippi that was taken from Scripture:

Refrain:
Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long.
God Leads Us Along [.xml], by George A. Young, 1903, Copyright: Public Domain.
http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/God_Leads_Us_Along/

It's okay sis, I understand where you are coming from now, ...Father deals with His children in the way He knows they need, ...for me, because of an abusive father, I couldn't relate to God the Father as a loving Heavenly Father, hence my response to you about judgment (sorry, please except my apology), Father knows judgement is not what I need but rather loving encouragement, so He doesn't really judge me as much as asks me if that's really what I want to do and then becasue I want to please Him and not hurt Him I change my will and He does the rest,

...I'm sooo glad that God isn't like what they taught me at first, and I'm sure you will agree, .......He is so much more and I can't wait to be with Him!

Nice song, I like the refrain, gonna see if I have it in my hymnal.

Be blessed,

Gene

Today is a holiday for us, they are trying to recreate Pentecost, whatever, ...for me it's a day to cook, I love to cook and I'll cook for anyone any time, this morning I put two chickens in brine, one is a regular saline brine and the other has a Mexican footprint, they will be going on the BBQ rotisserie tonight, got some white bread mixed up for Texas Toast and is rising now, so I took a break and was reflecting on my last post,

...ya know, I know this sounds trite, but God is Good, and He gives us the desires of our hearts, since I first saw the original Disney Swiss Family Robinson in the '50's I have always wanted to live in the Tropics, et voilá, here I am, I was always intrigued by the French language and now I speak it (gift of tongues, ...not! LOL), I was a house framer, but always admired the cabinets in the houses we built, and now I make custom cabinets and furniture for the richest family on the island, I always wanted to open a restaurant but didn't know how to boil water, but the Lord has taught me through preparing BBQ for my family and friends, ...we have cooked for the brothers and sisters numerous times, upwards to 150 people from our tiny 7'x11' kitchen,

What can I say? Thank you sounds so insignificant, often I find myself speechless in His presence (23 years ago I came here with, at that time, a state of the art sampler, but it wasn't like the piano I was used to playing, last year it died and He guided me to and provided for me a Kawai ES7), so during those speechless times, mostly at night when He awakens me, I put the headphones on and play to Him in Worship, ..I can't carry a tune in a bucket and I don't know what to say, so I use another one of the gifts he has given me to play for Him.........

When I first came to the Lord people were telling me about what they imagined God to be, then He separated me from them and began to show me who He really is, for most people their God can be put in a box, He can work in the box they have built for Him, but not outside of it, ...what I have read and believe is there is nothing to hard for God to do, He is the God of impossibilities and if there was ever something impossible to do it was to save a wretch like me and turn me around to be fit to be used by Him......,

To God be the Glory, great things He has done!!!

Thanks for listening.....,

Time to go make some Costco Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, don't know if those of you on the East side know what they are, but for us on the left side the are a little taste of Heaven before we get there!

Blessings,

Gene

It's okay sis, I understand where you are coming from now, ...Father deals with His children in the way He knows they need, ...for me, because of an abusive father, I couldn't relate to God the Father as a loving Heavenly Father, hence my response to you about judgment (sorry, please except my apology), Father knows judgement is not what I need but rather loving encouragement, so He doesn't really judge me as much as asks me if that's really what I want to do and then becasue I want to please Him and not hurt Him I change my will and He does the rest,
It could be that I understand a little more than you knew, but not because of Father. :) Bless you!

...I'm sooo glad that God isn't like what they taught me at first, and I'm sure you will agree, .......He is so much more and I can't wait to be with Him!

Nice song, I like the refrain, gonna see if I have it in my hymnal.

Be blessed,

Gene
Gene, as you grow in the L-rd, you will learn to accept G-d in His Fatherly place. Seriously. It's not that I have it all together or anything, but I have seen that as I've grown, my attitude has changed. The last time I saw Mother, I had a very hard time standing. My knees turned to Jell-o, and I had a hard time breathing. Now, she is gone, and one of the things I told G-d was that if she is with Him, after I see our Messiah, before I see ANY others, I want to see her. This brings me to tears of prayer, every time I think about it. I pray she is there. G-d bless you, Gene. G-d bless you. You are precious in His sight.

It could be that I understand a little more than you knew, but not because of Father. :) Bless you!

Gene, as you grow in the L-rd, you will learn to accept G-d in His Fatherly place. Seriously. It's not that I have it all together or anything, but I have seen that as I've grown, my attitude has changed. The last time I saw Mother, I had a very hard time standing. My knees turned to Jell-o, and I had a hard time breathing. Now, she is gone, and one of the things I told G-d was that if she is with Him, after I see our Messiah, before I see ANY others, I want to see her. This brings me to tears of prayer, every time I think about it. I pray she is there. G-d bless you, Gene. G-d bless you. You are precious in His sight.

Thanks sis, you're precious too, here's some encouragement for you.

My mother was raised in a cult like my grandmother, my grandmother died after I was born again, she was 3 months short of being 100 years old, we had to put her in a hospital and they called me one night and told me if I wanted to see her one last time to come because she wouldn't live through the night, My pastor and myself went to the hospital and when we entered the room the Lord returned her sanity and took away the excruciating pain the almost lethal amounts of morphine could not subdue. He gave her the Gospel and we left, Father loved her so much and hadn't given up on her after all of those years of rejecting Him, 45 minutes later I received a call from the hospital, she was gone.

Now here's the rest of the story, ...my mother was in the same state when she died, except I wasn't born again at the time, when I went to the hospital to retrieve her belongings as I was walking out a nurse stopped me and gave me a picture of my daughter, she said they had to pry it out of her dead hands, that didn't mean anything to me at the time, but after I was born again, one day, when I was reading how the Lord comforted David about the death of his son, I asked Father about my mother, His reply was, remember how I sent you and the pastor to your grandmother just before she died, ...how did that picture get into your mother's hands? Mom was bedridden and the picture was on top of the cabinet at the foot of the bed, someone would of have to been there to give it to her, ...the nurse, ...she was a born again child of God that gave the Gospel to her, my mom is in Heaven, that's how Father comforted me about the passing of my mother, ...we don't know what transpires in those last moments between one He has created and loved throughout their life, even if they have lived it rejecting His love, but we do know He doesn't desire that any should perish, we serve a God that nothing is too hard for Him to accomplish, even if it's saving a soul in the last instant of their life here on earth.

Blessings,

Gene

Back