Mosaic Law: 20 Questions

David fled to Gath (in Gaza) because Saul could not get to him in the lands of the Philistines .. but David ended up destroying Achish (king of Gath) ..

Agh! Spoiler alert! ;)

Ahimelech’s son (Abiathar) was the High Priest at the time and so his family (in his course)...
...each course (MEANING FAMILY?) served two courses a year. At this time in 1 Samuel Abiathar (Ahimelech’s son) is High Priest and Ahimelech was ministering the Table of Shewbread (WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?)

As indicated earlier…it is because of the course (24 courses per year, each family served twice for a week at a time, and all gathered for the three major priestly feasts)
OK SO THEY ALL TOOK TURNS? WHERE IS THIS, in Leviticus?

Ahimelech’s son (Abiathar) was the High Priest at the time and so his family (in his course)...
...each course (MEANING FAMILY?) served two courses a year. At this time in 1 Samuel Abiathar (Ahimelech’s son) is High Priest and Ahimelech was ministering the Table of Shewbread (WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?)

As indicated earlier…it is because of the course (24 courses per year, each family served twice for a week at a time, and all gathered for the three major priestly feasts)
OK SO THEY ALL TOOK TURNS? WHERE IS THIS, in Leviticus?

No! The number of priests of the sons of Eleazar (son of Aaron) had become so many that there arose confusion. So David (see 1 Chronicles 24) arranged the divisions and set the caring for the Tabernacle and the ministering there to take place during the year according to these divisions...The High Priest alone entered the Holy of Holies and the others prepared the sacrifices, kept the upkeep, answered the needs of the people, tended the incense, the table of shewbread, the laver of washing and so on....think about Zacharias (John the B's father). He was in the Temple during one of the two courses of Abijah administering the incense (He was not the High Priest)...directly following was when John was conceived....six months later Mary conceived....it wasn't until the 4th century after the Christ events that a date was chosen for our Lord's nativity and in 506 A.D. they counted backwards and gave a date for John's nativity but neither is/was actually known and many Rabbis place the birth of the Baptist (according to the courses) closer to the passover

see http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articles/Christmas/christmas.html
for the two opposing positions....I hold to the Sukkoth birth for Christ because of His being referred to in many ways as the Tabernacle of God....the 25th of Kislev is feast of dedication and the kindling of the light (I see this as the time of His conception)...pardon my Hebrew roots but the Bible says He came and dwelt (skeenoo - to pitch tent) among us....calls Him the tabernacle of David that was raised up...and the Tabernacle not made with hands...etc.,

Last edited:
I responded to this claim earlier by posting my college degree on the thread. Disappointed in these thoughts- "why would someone ask all these questions about the Bible unless it was for a teacher?" Truly it is for a teacher. My teacher is Christ.
Not sure how a "college degree" or being a "teacher" relates to a what I see as a intentional seeking by some source ( I do not think you came up with these questions ) to bring doubt to the scriptures. Now we all have questions and sometimes find what appear to be contradictions in the scriptures, but what I see in these questions is an "educated" and systematic attempt to cast doubt upon the smallest issues, that most believers would not give a second thought. No, this is not just someone with some questions, these questions have been sought out as to find any contradiction possible in the scriptures. I hope Christ is your Teacher, there are so many wonderful truths and mysteries to uncover in His Word, I know He would not lead a believer into finding such supposed contradictions, in that they have little or no value as it relates Knowing Christ and the beauty of His Person. No offense intended, but just not getting the point and must question the motives of such things?

20 Questions and all of them seem to find some sort of contradiction? No questions as to why God set up this system, what represents Christ? ...etc All the questions seem to bring doubt...very odd? This sounds like kabala?

Jamn, I must admit, even I also sense the source of these questions as being outside of yourself...out of the 101 Bible difficulties 100 have been solidly answered...the other form are obvious copyist errors and usually are resolved by going to the older sources and commentators...

If you are being made inquisitive by some web or discussion site (one thought leading you to others) I recommend reading the Bible...once you learn the truth the false sticks out like a sore thumb...so even most people for whom the Bible raises legitimate questions, they do not seem to have to analyze to the nth degree (questioning every little nuance in every scripture...like in your examples much is generated by 1 and 2 Samuel, but it seems you have not studied Leviticus and Deuteronomy so how then would you expect to understand and see the developments of some of these things...)

So I think this is what is causing Mitspa to see "the gospel of doubt" rearing its ugly head...there are so many good books and even web articles (and some differ in theological perspective) on the subject of the Bible as history (Werner's is great) and on the nuances of the Law...you would probably have many of your present and many future questions answered there (but only after you read through the word first).

In His love

Paul

Brothers I swear on my faith in Christ I came up with these questions. How much better is communion among believers than a web article! I am trying to understand these things. If you have given it thought as well it must be important to you too. I see others see this as doubt. With heavy heart I leave here and I will seek my answers to big and small questions as of now alone within The Spirit- and not take the chance of casting doubt. Jesus, may I not sin in this! You will no longer hear from me. Pray for my heart as I pray for yours.

Ps. This is why I joined a Christian forum. It is hard for me that the those who could lead a community in both large and small matters belittle my Faith because of my inquisitive nature. I am studying the Word every day and trying to learn everything. This doesn't mean skipping over little things but seeking answers because I firmly believe this is the Truth and am working through my human blindness and doubt. Your words give me a heavy heart and tears but I will meditate on them. If you cannot tell I am in Him from my responses I can say nothing further.

Last edited:
Brothers I swear on my faith in Christ I came up with these questions. I am trying to understand these things. If you have given it thought as well it must be important to you too. I see others see this as doubt. With heavy heart I will seek my answers to big and small questions within The Spirit. You will no longer hear from me. Pray for my heart as I pray for yours.

Don't go Jamn....you have clarified the question about you...post some more things...ask some more questions....share what you have learned...the Lord bless you sis!

In His love

brother Paul

I see how I have made a mistake- what if my questions asked in Faith cause doubt among those not of the same mind? May it never be! It is better not to have answers. I must pray about this. In Him, Jamn
Don't go Jamn....you have clarified the question about you...post some more things...ask some more questions....share what you have learned...the Lord bless you sis!

In His love

brother Paul

Brothers I swear on my faith in Christ I came up with these questions. How much better is communion among believers than a web article! I am trying to understand these things. If you have given it thought as well it must be important to you too. I see others see this as doubt. With heavy heart I leave here and I will seek my answers to big and small questions as of now alone within The Spirit- and not take the chance of casting doubt. Jesus, may I not sin in this! You will no longer hear from me. Pray for my heart as I pray for yours.

Ps. This is why I joined a Christian forum. It is hard for me that the those who could lead a community in both large and small matters belittle my Faith because of my inquisitive nature. I am studying the Word every day and trying to learn everything. This doesn't mean skipping over little things but seeking answers because I firmly believe this is the Truth and am working through my human blindness and doubt. Your words give me a heavy heart and tears but I will meditate on them. If you cannot tell I am in Him from my responses I can say nothing further.
Jamn, if what you are saying in this post is true, then I have never met anyone like you and would very much like to hear more from your point of view. If you are a sincere believer, just asking honest questions that have appeared to you in your studies? Then you will have taught me a great lesson. I also hope you stay, for bro Paul seems to enjoy the challenge of your questions. I would ask you one more thing, are you familiar with Jewish traditions and writings such as the Talmud etc... There is a group having Jewish tradition that do nothing but question every thing written in the Law, much as you have done. There basic understanding of the scriptures is based upon "believe nothing and question God on everything" Now from these groups have come forth some of the most wicked works ever know to man... This is what the book of Revelation called the synagogue of satan (in my understanding). So, I am sorry that you are or where offended, and I will pray and God will hear. If I have made a mistake? He will make a place of repentance for me and uphold you in your righteousness.

Just one more thought about this form of study, do you draw near to God in this process of questioning every little detail? Is there a point where you just say "this is bigger than me and I just need to learn to trust" ...I mean what is the point? I know some of you guys like you and bro Paul enjoy the whole trivia thing, and I find no fault in that and see it as a cool hobby but you must know that sort of bible trivia has nothing to do with The Word. The Word is a person, and when know the Person you know the Word. The scriptures are to show us Christ. Jacob, Joshua, David, etc.. all are pictures of the person of the Lord. Made in His Image and His image reflected back through that which He made. Anyway, help me understand..

Jamn, I have heard much more "worse" questions then yours. Understand that we all seek to get familiar with posters because, sometimes posters ask questions they think they already know the answer to, to further argument for it's own sake. Have a little patience with us - whatever we were perhaps wary of - your questions were answered and will continue to be. We all agree that learning should be the reason we are all here. And I, for one, learned from it. I do feel bad that anyone should have to "prove" their faith, and for that I apologize.

I totally understand that inquiring minds need to know...post some other issues of concern and maybe weigh on your opinions on other issues discussed.

Jamn, if what you are saying in this post is true, then I have never met anyone like you and would very much like to hear more from your point of view. If you are a sincere believer, just asking honest questions that have appeared to you in your studies? Then you will have taught me a great lesson. I also hope you stay, for bro Paul seems to enjoy the challenge of your questions. I would ask you one more thing, are you familiar with Jewish traditions and writings such as the Talmud etc... There is a group having Jewish tradition that do nothing but question every thing written in the Law, much as you have done. There basic understanding of the scriptures is based upon "believe nothing and question God on everything" Now from these groups have come forth some of the most wicked works ever know to man... This is what the book of Revelation called the synagogue of satan (in my understanding). So, I am sorry that you are or where offended, and I will pray and God will hear. If I have made a mistake? He will make a place of repentance for me and uphold you in your righteousness.
Brothers you are all correct. I will admit I can be obsessive- it was very wrong of me not to consider how my questions may lead astray even though the duscussion helps me understand everything better. (Example: why is this translation different? Why does one say seven thousand and another seven hundred? Questions like these have led me into the study of Greek and Hebrew- and now I see how they're BOTH correct! English is very cut and dry- in asking small questions, I dive deeper and deeper so I have a better understanding for every type of issue I face while reading Scripture- human doubt, divine Peace& Understanding, language barriers, misunderstandings- all these things come hand in hand with the multi-faceted nature of studying the Word in a day and age such as ours.) I seek through everything to learn more about Him. Do not ever doubt my intentions, my friends, but give (as you have) constructive criticism on my actions and words so I may learn and grow. I understand your hesitation and appreciate your input on every level. We must always both be cautious and accepting so we may grow the Faith but guard our hearts against human fallacy. I hope everyone has a beautiful and blessed weekend.
In Him, Jamn

I totally understand that inquiring minds need to know...post some other issues of concern and maybe weigh on your opinions on other issues discussed.
I am just beginning to study Jewish traditions and have only recently become aware of the Written & Oral Law. I am a Gentile, and mistakenly have focused almost solely on the NT in my studies of the past. Now I see how much I was missing. How can you understand a story without having a history, setting, background? How much deeper is everything in His Word than I ever realized before!

Brothers you are all correct. I will admit I can be obsessive- it was very wrong of me not to consider how my questions may lead astray even though the duscussion helps me understand everything better. (Example: why is this translation different? Why does one say seven thousand and another seven hundred? Questions like these have led me into the study of Greek and Hebrew- and now I see how they're BOTH correct! English is very cut and dry- in asking small questions, I dive deeper and deeper so I have a better understanding for every type of issue I face while reading Scripture- human doubt, divine Peace& Understanding, language barriers, misunderstandings- all these things come hand in hand with the multi-faceted nature of studying the Word in a day and age such as ours.) I seek through everything to learn more about Him. Do not ever doubt my intentions, my friends, but give (as you have) constructive criticism on my actions and words so I may learn and grow. I understand your hesitation and appreciate your input on every level. We must always both be cautious and accepting so we may grow the Faith but guard our hearts against human fallacy. I hope everyone has a beautiful and blessed weekend.
In Him, Jamn
I do thank you Jamn, for your honesty and that you would give me (us) a chance to better understand you and maybe even get to know you? If the scripture is true ( and I know it is) "seek and ye shall find" knock and it will be opened to you" The Lord must already be very busy with you. lol Again thank you and be cautious in your studies of Jewish tradition. May you grow in grace and (epignosis) of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is you a good word to seek out, see where it might take you?

I do thank you Jamn, for your honesty and that you would give me (us) a chance to better understand you and maybe even get to know you? If the scripture is true ( and I know it is) "seek and ye shall find" knock and it will be opened to you" The Lord must already be very busy with you. lol Again thank you and be cautious in your studies of Jewish tradition. May you grow in grace and (epignosis) of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is you a good word to seek out, see where it might take you?
Haha maybe He does have His hands full with me! Yes I think that it is good to exercise caution, but also to be bold in the quest for knowledge. Hopefully I will learn to strike a nice balance. :)

Back