Moving past this hurt & bitterness seems difficult :/

So, what you're saying is that "denominational indoctrination" is in some way inferior to what you have, which is "non-denominational indoctrination".
By every word you speak the "non-denomination" you belong to becomes more evident.
False is always inferior to the truth.

My sister, you can not mean that.

Eph 5:23 ...........
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body”.

1Co 7:4 ..........
The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife).

Num 30:13,14..........
Every vow, and every binding oath to afflict the soul, her husband may establish it, or her husband may make it void. But if her husband altogether hold his peace at her from day to day; then he establisheth all her vows, or all her bonds, which are upon her: he confirmeth them, because he held his peace at her in the day that he heard them

1 Timothy 2:11-15 ...................
"Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor."

Ephesians 5:22-33
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

Yeah, I mean that.

1. The word, kephale doesn't mean that man is over the woman as authority, but that out of man, the source, woman was created. Kephale's meaning in your verse offered as some kind of proof text has the meaning of source or origin.

Man is the origin/kephale of woman; Christ is the source/kephale of the Church--of man, as His Creator; and God is the origin/kephale of the man, our Messiah, Jesus Christ.

As in 1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

2. Husbands and wives have claim to the bodies of each other equally.

3. Wives and husbands and the authority God has given them has no carry-over to relationships outside the home. No man has any authority over me except my husband, and vice versa. Now, my pastors, both male and female, and my other spiritual leaders, I give deference to under God.

4. As for 1 Timothy 2...you have it wrong. Paul was teaching people how to behave in church. Self-serving usurping of authority by anyone, male or female (as Paul was addressing), is wrong.

Women in Paul's day were having trouble refraining from speaking out in church, thus overstepping reasonable boundaries. God still places women in positions of spiritual authority. We have to be careful---both men and women---that we (male or female) do not seek and grasp authority for ourselves that rightfully belongs to another (male or female)---which is what usurping is.

I really don't think that many Christians bother to learn the meaning of "usurp".

Last edited:
Eph 5:23 ...........
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body”.
Brother Major, who is the "head" of Christ? Is Christ inferior, or less important than God the Father or does Christ have less authority than the Father, or are they equal? After all God is the head of Christ.

1Co 11:3.. But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Last edited:
Thread Participants: If we go back to Post # 1 on Page # 1, and read through this thread, we can see that this thread has taken new directions that have gone totally off topic. Please refer to Forum Rule 2.3 . We have given this thread some latitude, but the Moderator Staff is carefully watching new posts to verify that the opening post is being properly addressed. If off topic directions keep up here, this thread will be closed and members taking this thread in other directions will be given warning points and even time off.

Jonathan Butler wrote a song entitled "Falling in Love with Jesus". The songs says it was the best thing I've ever done. My suggestion to you is to fall in love with Jesus. Yes, you may love him but you can love him more. Then other things don't matter. It doesn't matter about the church or other people when your relationship with Him is strong. When you begin to wait in His presence you will begin to learn His voice. I know you didn't want a scripture but the Word says His sheep know His voice and will not follow anther.
John 10:27New King James Version (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Back