Music man

I don't intend to be contradictory on this, but in my opinion the nursery rhymes aren't that bad.
I guess I just warn you to not read into something that isn't there. IDK

I agree, Agape.

I used to get creeped out by some of the nursery rhymes when I was little. Incy Wincy Spider, so on...

...then again, I got creeped out by the Oompa Loompas, too. And the witch on Wizard of Oz? Whoah-boy...did a number on me when I was little.:eek:

Hey Whirlwind ... what about the "flying monkeys!?" :eek:hno01: They were mean little creatures ...got some real bad dreamson that one too ... even though my Dad told me it was all make-believe.

But seriously... we got to watch out for the music/lyrics our kids listen to today.. It's all in "beat" of the drums ... like some music that have a heartbeat to it...starts out slow then gradually speeds up and can cause the child's heart to beat faster and faster. Also need to pay close attention to the words. The music and lyrics can be so subtle and subliminal that the parents aren't even aware of what's happening to their children. The USSR purposely produced children songs comprised of certain rhythmic patterns, put them on records and then got them into the US. They knew that these songs would produce negative emotions within the children who heard them and could cause depression, anxiety, anger, fear, etc. Now how devilish is that! :evil:

Ever wonder why a large crowd of people at a Beatles' concert got so wild and crazy? It's in the music, the beat or rhythm which caused the crowd to become mentally and emotionally agitated, disturbed, violent ...brought them into a frenzy and way out of control. They had no idea what hit them. Same thing going on today; hard rock, heavy metal, rap, etc.. can be real devilish. Not all music of course, but there's a lot of this kind of stuff out there.

What about movies like Harry Potter. I read an article on the internet called "Twelve Reasons Not To Watch Harry Potter Movies." Boy, Satan is no doubt becoming increasingly bold these days. What I can't understand are the Christians who think it's okay for their kids to watch the Potter movies. Most likely they don't see the spiritual darkness and negative influence they can have on their children.

if you want to read the list of reasons, click on the following link -->Twelve Reasons Not to See Harry Potter Movies

Satan is the god of this world and he will get his filthy hands into anything and everything that's accessible to him.

Now how did I go from nursery rhymes to this!? Didn't mean to take it this far. :D

God bless

Agape - good insight! I'm going to check out the page you suggested.

I see what you mean...satan is like a coward-pervert!:mad:

Trying to lure children in with his candy.

Sometimes, in our haste, we might give a nod at our kids and say, "Go on, take it...it's okay." Instead of stopping to examine what our children are accepting.

:(

yes being accountable for your children is hard work.lots of parents think it,s ok because everybody else thinks it,s fine.what they don,t understand is these messages are covered,or half truth,s or blatent witchcraft.if the koran was edited into kids tv the parents would not even realise.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds, was not written about being high. John Lennon wrote it about a picture his son Julian drew when he was a child. It was a picture of a girl named lucy, she had what looked like diamonds on both sides of her, they were actually stars. I have seen the picture. It was a wonderful typical kid picture.

I found out that lucifer (satan) was actually a musician.

Interesting the nursery rhyme, I am the music man.

"I am the music man, I come from down the way, and I can play!"
You are absolutely right about Satan, he was the Head worshiper, Music Angel in Heaven. That's why he has such a grip on it today, he knows his stuff. And it's not just secular, there are so called Christian bands, songs out there that are not all that Christian. Pray always that God will give you a disherning heart. But that is also with books, we all just naturally thing if they are in the Christian book store, then they are all alright, wrong again. Satan can make himself appear as light. But only those that know their master's voice are going to listen to the one and only Master, Jehovah (Yahweh) God. Thank you Yeshua!!!!

You are absolutely right about Satan, he was the Head worshiper, Music Angel in Heaven. That's why he has such a grip on it today, he knows his stuff. And it's not just secular, there are so called Christian bands, songs out there that are not all that Christian. Pray always that God will give you a disherning heart. But that is also with books, we all just naturally thing if they are in the Christian book store, then they are all alright, wrong again. Satan can make himself appear as light. But only those that know their master's voice are going to listen to the one and only Master, Jehovah (Yahweh) God. Thank you Yeshua!!!!

Modern Music and the Christian
What's a Believer to do?
[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]By Eric Barger[/FONT]​
[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]For the Christian today's entertainment world, in particular, modern music offers many real dilemmas. Over the past 35 years the face of modern music has changed drastically. In fact, I often remark that nearly the only constant remaining is that musicians still play instruments and stand on stages. The lyrics, lifestyle and images of modern rock and pop music have without doubt gotten progressively darker. Still the question just won't go away. What's a believer to do?[/FONT]

[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]Even mature Christians are feeling the strain to bend to a culture gone mad morally. There is constant pressure for us (and our kids) to "let down our hair, have a little fun and go with the flow." The world system, our natural fallen flesh and the demonic "fiery darts" continue to bombard us from all sides yet we are directed by God's Word to "stand firm." Yet in a practical sense to make this stand we must answer some questions. What is acceptable for us? Can some music or movies actually cause us harm? What are we to do if our homes are under the influence or attack of "worldly" entertainment? [/FONT]

[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]How do we maintain a righteous and Biblical standard for what we see and hear and yet not close ourselves off from a lost and dying world thus isolating them from the only hope they've got - Jesus? [/FONT]

[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]For the rest of this article, click below.[/FONT]

[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]Modern Music and the Christian[/FONT]

Back