Mystery Babylon...

Dec 23, 2018
Fla
what im asking is scripture on why you believe what you believe..im interested in why you believe in what you believe concerning your interpretation about the military etc..can you explain yourself through scripture?
the military comment was not mine . I was replying to the part about Harlot ,some entity . City, country, institution .
My point was America today fits the description .

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Feb 7, 2015
we rightly divide scripture by the Spirit of God..He is our teacher,He knows the deep things of God and He is the one who leads us into all truth..I eat from one source which is the Spirit and that same Spirit feeds me through the words in the Kjv...when i was a kid at school in class.i remember we all had the same text books..we didn't choose which type of text suited us best as we all had to be on the same page for our sake and the teacher..for how would the teacher teach if his text were different to ours..it would be kind of silly really..all im saying is that it is a major inconvenience that we all read different bibles..it doesn't make any sense..the bibles i have seen quoted on this forum are drastically different to the one i read..how do i relate to people through the word when such is the case?
Greetings Brother,
If you choose to read only the KJV then so be it but leave it at that. Please stop pushing this.

One can not rightly divide scripture without using other scripture. All must line up with His Word.

I eat from one source which is the Spirit and that same Spirit feeds me through the words in the Kjv...
God gave us Teachers and Pastors and so forth for a reason. These are the sources I am talking about.

Blessings

Amens/Likes: Cturtle
Dec 17, 2018
south africa
Very true, but with this prophecy in things I've heard and guessing , the temptation seems to be adding details that John in first century did not specify . Obviously one is what is a Mark ...today it could be technology .
What city is the harlot or what agency ...if it's not specified ,obviously God knows but we cannot be specific .
My take or guess on America or a rebuilt Babylon is just that a speculation . There was NO North America known by John ...
We are told not to add or subtract for this book ..

Now Daniel mentioned kingdoms in his statue but there were kingdoms after Rome. Some of his revelation was secret . God knows ,the Spirit inspires but some things are only for Him to know till the end

Peace
the new covenant is a spiritual covenant...so whatever the mark is you can be sure its a spiritual mark..the mark has to do with worship..more specifically a style of worship..its all spiritual..this is Gods word we are talking about..Revelations was written for us..John just wrote it..he didnt need to know what he was writing because it is for us..everything in the bible is for us to learn from..we can accurately interpret scripture if we work with the spirit..no guessing needed..i think you need to stop listening to whoever is teaching you this nonsense and start trusting in God's word..there are no mistakes in his Word...take a bible and pray for God to show you who he is..i would suggest the Kjv

Dec 17, 2018
south africa
the military comment was not mine . I was replying to the part about Harlot ,some entity . City, country, institution .
My point was America today fits the description .
america is the second beast and false prophet..the world follows after america..tv..music..fashion..ideas...everything is spiritual..america has power over peoples minds..there is no world war 3 its all spiritual

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Feb 7, 2015
america is the second beast and false prophet..the world follows after america..tv..music..fashion..ideas...everything is spiritual..america has power over peoples minds..there is no world war 3 its all spiritual
Please include your resources in this claim.
Thank You

Amens/Likes: Cturtle
Dec 23, 2018
Fla
Don't be to sure about that
you are correct of course . I have heard it preached as possible only . In today's world Babylon itself could be rebuilt .
I have heard so many state definitively . And yes I read left behind and other ideas .
Jesus returns ..that is what we KNOW . we can watch for signs in the world of the antichrist, beast, harlot , woman whose children hide in the desert . But I always tell anyone we cannot be sure of when . Not add or subtract from this scripture . Some things seem obvious as we watch the news . Sadly to me Jesus is not welcome everywhere ,yet in some of those places people dream of the Son who have no teAching on Him . That indeed is the SPIRIT .
peace

Jul 14, 2014
Is America "A Beast" in the sense of a large and powerful military empire - yes.

Does America have a "Harlot" Civil government system riding on her back - yes.

Is America either of the two beasts listed in Revelation? Not specifically....

China and Russia clearly meet these same criteria as well....

Many nations currently don't meet the criteria that could coalesce into a big military empire..... The EU doesn't doesn't have a Military. Neither does Japan..... Turkey hasn't been a major world military power since WWI.... Etc.

We don't know who makes up these beasts for the time being.....

But it's pretty interesting to see who the current major world powers are trying to keep from coalescing: The EU and the Middle East.... hmmmm... Do they know something we don't.... Or are they just responding to the obvious fact that 90% of the gigantic wars over the last 4,000 years happened in these 2 places....

Also we don't know simply because of at least one key missing point:

The Revelation beasts are not empowered by the physical presence of Satan until AFTER he loses the war in heaven and is cast out of Heaven down to Earth - which occurs after the 7th seal is opened and Jesus now can make a claim to Heaven and Earth.

The physical events of the 6th and 7th seals simply haven't been recorded.... and we would probably have noticed stuff like major cataclysms that massively shift ALL continents out of their places effecting every mountain range or 1/3 of life on earth being killed off by massive stuff like gigantic meteors hitting earth.....

Anyway. I am glad this topic sparked some thinking.

Jul 14, 2014
As to a scriptural example of Mystery Babylon working.....

Daniel 3 - The passage of Nebuchadnezzar's golden image.

It is widely accepted that the image was not of a conventional god of the day but rather represented the Babylonian State - many believe it was an image of Ole Neb himself. The scripture doesn't specifically say though.

But notice the list of government officials there to officially inaugurate and bow down to it - we have a variety of administrators and various civil government officials - but we ALSO find judges and magistrates there to bow down to The State.

So they had a religion literally worshipping the state.... (Part 1)
They had the civil government bowing down (Part 2)
And they had the Judicial system bowing down (Part 3)

But notice outside of the purview of this system - we have the Military Empire (Nebuchadnezzar himself and his armies)... There is no mention of the military being coerced to bow down or even of Neb himself bowing to this image....