Near Death Experiences

Another quote from a Christian website: "In this way people of all faiths are tricked into believing that there is no accountability, or no judgment."

Agricola, they said they died and then were resuscitated.

The two examples I gave they were not resuscitated they were brought back to life by God. McCormack made the decision to return to earth, as he did not want his mum to think he had died an athiest, God also showed him other people who needed to be saved. He said he had the choice to enter heaven or go back, so he went back, he felt his eyes open and he was in the morgue, two nurses ran away screaming, thats not the reaction of medical staff if he was just in a coma or whatever. He was dead.

This man was an atheist, he knew he was slipping off and about to die, he heard The Lord speaking to him and he confessed he was a sinner and begged forgiveness. He should have died within minutes, being stung by 5 box jelly fish, 1 sting should have been enough to kill him in a few minutes. Its an amazing thing to hear and very powerful testimony.

Another quote from a Christian website: "In this way people of all faiths are tricked into believing that there is no accountability, or no judgment."

Yes that is the work of Satan, which happens more often or not, but again McCormack does not peddle these lies, he is explicit in saying that Christ is the only way and once we are dead its too late, people need to accept Christ and Christ alone.

The woman in the book I read didn't say that all religions are okay or anything like that (from what I remember). She did say we need to be saved and believe in God. She did provide biblical verses. I was just confused when she said our souls existed before we were born and she said none of her sin mattered... however, she had asked for forgiveness for her sins previously, so that would make her forgiven. I don't think she was trying to say no ones sin ever matters and we can all do what we want. I don't want to say that woman's account isn't real or anything like that. My real concern was when I read other accounts (mentioned earlier) from different people who seemed to be teaching New Age type stuff, like that all religions lead to God and our sin doesn't matter. That's where I get concerned. I hope I didn't make it sound like the first woman was spreading lies... I am just trying to be discerning.

I am reading a book where the woman died, woke up in heaven, and then was resuscitated by the doctors. Does anyone believe that these accounts are accurate? Is it sinful to read these books? There are several I would like to read, but I don't want to read anything I shouldn't be reading. This woman said our souls existed before we were born and we knew God.

I believe in NDE's. But we have to judge it harshly. Nobody goes to heaven or hell and returns. God does not show preference and there is no need for another Paul. As Christians if we get badly hurt and come close to death I believe Jesus does show us the courtesy of staying or coming to be with Him. I have heard people I highly respect speak of seeing angels and visions of Jesus before they die.

You certainly have not been having actual "out of body" experiences. Get your medication changed.

I'm wondering why you would wonder these things. This one is preposterous. You need to be concerned about yourself, not what you are "wondering." Change that medication for starters.

Okay. But I had this thing that few nights I could see my room and everything with my eyes closed, and sometimes I was like asleep and awake at the same time and I had my eyes open and during those moments sometimes I saw a demon taking the form of Severus Snape, it was an incubus and you know what he did to me when I was in my bed laying but I couldn't hear and I didn't have any voice, everything was silent.

And I wonder these things because some demons are very powerful tricksters and the demons can impersonate anyone and I wondered that what if the demons can lie to the dead people about the place where the dead people are...

I believe in NDE's. But we have to judge it harshly. Nobody goes to heaven or hell and returns. God does not show preference and there is no need for another Paul. As Christians if we get badly hurt and come close to death I believe Jesus does show us the courtesy of staying or coming to be with Him. I have heard people I highly respect speak of seeing angels and visions of Jesus before they die.

So would it be blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if you said what those people were seeing was of the devil?

So would it be blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if you said what those people were seeing was of the devil?
Not at all. It is smarter to err on the side most are here. There are simply too many false prophets and liars.

You blaspheme the Holy Spirit when you grieve Him. When He tells you to stop doing something and you say no, you are pulling the middle finger at Him. The only issue to grasp is that since we are in the flesh, our YES or NO is not always a resounding statement that carries as much spiritual weight as the split second decision to rebel by the fallen angels. Cursing the Holy Spirit for us is never an instantaneous event. It is grieving Him. God decides the point of no return. We can safely assume that happens when the person is dead. Living = opportunity to make right. ''Blessed is this day that the Lord has made / given us'' Psalm 118:24.

It is my understanding souls come from the earth and return to the earth. Like in Genesis God breathed into Adam the breath of life, and he became a living soul.

I may be wrong, but a soul isn't eternal, a persons spirit can become eternal. A soul and a spirit are two different things.

Yes that is the work of Satan, which happens more often or not, but again McCormack does not peddle these lies, he is explicit in saying that Christ is the only way and once we are dead its too late, people need to accept Christ and Christ alone.
That sets the stage to where we say "NDE's that are consistent with what I believe are real. All others are lies."

Seems kinda lame to me.

1Th 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

the spirit (pneuma g4151) is your life force ..
you have a life force of the flesh and the soul ..
the soul (psychē g5590) is your essence, and who you are ..

Pro 19:23 The fear of the LORD leads to life, So that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil.

Dan 12:2Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

SLEEPING (brought back in the spirit) ..
Samuel
Moses

SLEEPING (brought back in the flesh) ..
Jonah
Jesus
Lazarus
little boy
little girl

RAPTURED (not brought back) ..
Enoch

RAPTURED (brought back in the spirit) ..
Elijah

RAPTURED (brought back in the flesh) ..
Ezekiel
Paul
John

Last edited:
That sets the stage to where we say "NDE's that are consistent with what I believe are real. All others are lies."

Seems kinda lame to me.

What believe things as in that Jesus Christ is the son of God who died for our sin and that only way we can get into heaven is to accept Christ and Christ only, beg for our sins to be forgived?

Certinaly though, yes, just because someone says the right things does not mean its real, this is how we end up with demons leading Christians astray following their puppets such as likes of Todd Bentley and Benny Hinn, but this account of McCormack appears to be one of the few genuine cases, if he is making it up, at least he is not giving a message other than the solid gospel and makes it perfectly clear that if people reject Christ they are in for a lot of misery and suffering when they die with no second chances, which is a million miles apart to what many others claim.

Look at what people say and see what the Bible has to say about it. Discernment is sadly lacking in many things these days.

I'm saying that if a Hindu told me "All NDEs that are consistent with Hinduism are real, all others are lies", I'd roll my eyes and laugh at the egregious confirmation bias. A Christian doing the same thing is just as lame.

I'm saying that if a Hindu told me "All NDEs that are consistent with Hinduism are real, all others are lies", I'd roll my eyes and laugh at the egregious confirmation bias. A Christian doing the same thing is just as lame.

does Hinduism have reanimated experiences recorded in their scripture like Christians ???

SLEEPING/DIED (brought back in the flesh) ..
Jonah
Jesus
Lazarus
little boy
little girl
saints/believers at the time of Jesus Resurrection ..

interesting enough, the general belief in Judaism is that the human soul/spirit remains for 7-8 days after death ..

I think NDE is erroneously coined, as death did clinically occur ..
thus RE is clinically correct as "reanimated experiences" ..

Hindus have all sorts of reincarnation stories, complete with anecdotes of children knowing all sorts of details about families they've never met, but that recently lost a family member. Kind of a "How else can you explain this, except that he's the reincarnation of their dead relative".

But you're missing the bigger point. If it's illogical and lame for Hindus to say "All NDEs that are consistent with our beliefs are real, all others are lies", then it's illogical and lame for Christians to do the same thing.

Not at all. It is smarter to err on the side most are here. There are simply too many false prophets and liars.

That is exactly why I was worried and was wondering how we would know if these accounts are true. How do we know if these people really saw God or were being deceived?

That is exactly why I was worried and was wondering how we would know if these accounts are true. How do we know if these people really saw God or were being deceived?

All Christians have visions of God / Jesus. No respected Christians try make money off it. That's how you tell!! Show me the money!!!! :LOL:.

Seems kinda lame to me.
On the contrary my dear, it is lamer to throw the baby out with the bath water. If I was the devil, that would be devil tactics 101 ;).

Back