Near Death Experiences

All Christians have visions of God / Jesus. No respected Christians try make money off it. That's how you tell!! Show me the money!!!!

She said that God told her to go tell everyone what she remembered, so she started telling random people she met (when she felt nudged by God). Then, she felt nudged to write a book about it and it worked out that she was able to. This could be true, IMO... God really could have set this up for her to do this way. I'm not saying she did not see God... she may have! I just wasn't there, so I don't know for sure and I don't know her so I can't ask questions.

Hindus have all sorts of reincarnation stories, complete with anecdotes of children knowing all sorts of details about families they've never met, but that recently lost a family member.

not the same thing ..
reanimation is not reincarnation ..

we are talking about the same incarnation reanimating ..

Last edited:
On the contrary my dear, it is lamer to throw the baby out with the bath water. If I was the devil, that would be devil tactics 101 ;).
?????? How does saying that NDE's are merely a side effect of a dying brain become a tactic of Satan?

not the same thing ..
reanimation is not reincarnation
I realize that, but you're missing my overall point. Again, if it's illogical and lame for Hindus to say "All NDEs that are consistent with our beliefs are real, all others are lies", then it's illogical and lame for Christians to do the same thing.

RiverJordan .. the below was not my post ..
ixoye_8 said:
On the contrary my dear, it is lamer to throw the baby out with the bath water. If I was the devil, that would be devil tactics 101.

however, the difference is their scripture has no NDE or rather RE examples ..
thus they have no measuring stick to use .. whereas Christian Scripture does, and thus NOT LAME .. and apples to oranges ..

8 seconds after blood flow ends to the brain, you become unconscious ..
up to 30 seconds after blood flow ends to the brain, your brain keeps emitting electrical impulse ..

Last edited:
FYI: if a person suffers a cardiac arrest .. if you force yourself to cough as hard repeatedly as you can, that stimulates the heart to keep beating .. and can prevent death ..

Ixoye,

Oops, sorry 'bout that! :oops: That's what happens when you post in a hurry.

however, the difference is their scripture has no NDE or rather RE examples ..
thus they have no measuring stick to use .. whereas Christian Scripture does, and thus NOT LAME .. and apples to oranges ..
You're still missing the point. Our scriptures don't have reincarnation stories, but their scriptures do. Does that mean them saying "All NDEs that are consistent with our beliefs are real, all those that aren't are lies" is now logical and valid?

Ixoye,
You're still missing the point. Our scriptures don't have reincarnation stories, but their scriptures do. Does that mean them saying "All NDEs that are consistent with our beliefs are real, all those that aren't are lies" is now logical and valid?

you are confusing me ..
I seem to not be able to connect NDE and reincarnation ..
in what way are they the same ???
thus I reiterate, Hindus have no NDE
or rather human reanimation OF THE SAME INCARNATION ..
(OBE = out of body experience) (NDE = OBE)
person returning to the same body scripture stories that I have ever heard of ..

Last edited:
Ixoye,

I don't know how else to explain this to you. My point has nothing to do with whether NDEs, reanimation, or reincarnation are the same. My point is...

Christians arguing that NDEs that are consistent with their beliefs are evidence that those beliefs are valid, while at the same time dismissing as "lies" all NDEs that aren't consistent with their beliefs, is just as illogical and lame as Hindus (or any other religion) doing the same thing.

IOW, if a Hindu came to you and cited NDEs that are consistent with his beliefs as evidence that Hinduism is true, you would immediately bring up all the NDEs that are inconsistent with Hinduism as a rebuttal. If that Hindu answered "Those are all lies", you would easily spot that as very illogical and a lame argument for Hinduism.

My point is, the same applies to Christians who use NDEs to argue for Christianity.

Ixoye,
My point has nothing to do with whether NDEs, reanimation, or reincarnation are the same. My point is...

Christians arguing that NDEs that are consistent with their beliefs are evidence that those beliefs are valid, while at the same time dismissing as "lies" all NDEs that aren't consistent with their beliefs, is just as illogical and lame as Hindus (or any other religion) doing the same thing.

here is my point ..
NO RELIGION without more then one scripture of REANIMATION OF THE SAME BODY (NDE/OBE) can demonstrate what is consistent ..

I totally agree, anyone who tries validating a particular religion by (NDE/OBE) is foolish ..
however you can using the religious scripture either validate or reject the (NDE/OBE) by using those scriptures ..

Last edited:
I stayed up really late last night researching it, LOL. I found some Christian websites that said we should not listen to these books because they are adding information (we are not to add or take away from the Bible). Some claim to be inspired by God... like the Bible! They are teaching New Age mysticism and tolerance of other religions... kinda like the One World Religion. What do you think?

Anyway, as far as the Christians that are having these near-death experiences... the websites I read recommended comparing them to the Bible and rejecting any that teach something contrary to the Bible because this would make them demonic. Thoughts?

Have you heard of Heaven is for Real? The book about the little tiny boy who went to Heaven? His dad is a pastor. Well, this book is now being made into a movie. I don't think it's by a Christian company either... I think it's a Hollywood movie. I've definitely got my guard up. Is this movie a good idea?

My thought is....what does it matter? You're a Christian, right? So whatever NDEs people have shouldn't affect your beliefs one way or the other. IOW, your Christianity shouldn't hinge on NDEs in any way.

My thought is....what does it matter? You're a Christian, right? So whatever NDEs people have shouldn't affect your beliefs one way or the other. IOW, your Christianity shouldn't hinge on NDEs in any way.

These NDE's definitely do not matter in regards to my belief in Jesus. I am secure in my faith. I recently read one because I received a Barnes & Noble gift card and felt like reading. Some of the things that I read didn't seems biblical, so I started researching it. Then I felt bad for being so distrustful and hoping I wasn't being blasphemous (if this person really DID see God). So, I started researching Bible verses about testing the spirits and making sure things line up with the Bible. Then, I found a Christian site about all these books that are so popular today and was a little surprised to find a movie is being made about one.

These NDE's definitely do not matter in regards to my belief in Jesus. I am secure in my faith. I recently read one because I received a Barnes & Noble gift card and felt like reading. Some of the things that I read didn't seems biblical, so I started researching it. Then I felt bad for being so distrustful and hoping I wasn't being blasphemous (if this person really DID see God). So, I started researching Bible verses about testing the spirits and making sure things line up with the Bible. Then, I found a Christian site about all these books that are so popular today and was a little surprised to find a movie is being made about one.

If someone accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour based on NDE, I wouldn't keep thinking about their experience.. Wouldn't spend much time thinking whether they really saw Jesus or there is some other scientific explanation.. I would be more interested (or rather burdened) about their walk with Christ.. The process of sanctification is the assurance of their justification.. That would hold the same for that person as well.. The important thing to consider is, are they progressing in their walk with Christ..

Regarding the book about that young kid, I would prefer to stay away from it.. My personal opinion.. There is no way to have extra biblical revelation.. Everything is revealed in the Word of God.. No one can add to that.. Absolutely no one.. We have to be like Bereans.. Test everything against the Word of God.. Many false prophets will come.. In the name of Jesus.. How do we identify them? Only Holy Spirit can gift us with that discernment.. And I strongly believe Holy Spirit illuminates the Word of God to us so that we don't get deceived by false teachings..

So it does not matter if NDE testimonies are from mega church pastor or someone as innocent as a 4 year old.. If it is unbiblical, stay away from it!

If someone accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour based on NDE, I wouldn't keep thinking about their experience.. Wouldn't spend much time thinking whether they really saw Jesus or there is some other scientific explanation.. I would be more interested (or rather burdened) about their walk with Christ.. The process of sanctification is the assurance of their justification.. That would hold the same for that person as well.. The important thing to consider is, are they progressing in their walk with Christ..

Regarding the book about that young kid, I would prefer to stay away from it.. My personal opinion.. There is no way to have extra biblical revelation.. Everything is revealed in the Word of God.. No one can add to that.. Absolutely no one.. We have to be like Bereans.. Test everything against the Word of God.. Many false prophets will come.. In the name of Jesus.. How do we identify them? Only Holy Spirit can gift us with that discernment.. And I strongly believe Holy Spirit illuminates the Word of God to us so that we don't get deceived by false teachings..

So it does not matter if NDE testimonies are from mega church pastor or someone as innocent as a 4 year old.. If it is unbiblical, stay away from it!

Agree... very well said! :)

My husband and I are starting to read the Old Testament at night. I'm going to read the New Testament during the day. I've read the Bible before, but I need to do it again. Repeatedly.

This is one of those subjects that I have no opinion of either way - I neither believe it nor disbelieve. I do feel though, that God does not make mistakes, and I can't believe that a person would be granted access to Heaven and then returned to earth. Maybe some sort of angelic meeting or presence, which may or may not include Jesus Christ.

I think this is something I'm just not going to worry about. I'm going to stop reading these books because I don't know what to think of them and don't want to falsely judge them. I'm going to just stick with the Bible.

Back