New Census?

A buddy of mine received a knock at the door concerning a new census in the USA called the American Community Survey. They ask many personal questions like how many electronic devices you own, how many rooms in your house, how much you make and how far of a commute you take. I looked it up on a website and seen video of them harassing people to get answers. Also if you don't answer the questions you can be fined a lot of money.

Has anyone else heard of this survey. It isn't only in the states. I saw a video from either England or Australia since they had that accent. I don't think if it is a survey you should have to answer the questions if you don't want too. It is our own free will to answer or not. Most of the questions are public record anyway.

A buddy of mine received a knock at the door concerning a new census in the USA called the American Community Survey. They ask many personal questions like how many electronic devices you own, how many rooms in your house, how much you make and how far of a commute you take. I looked it up on a website and seen video of them harassing people to get answers. Also if you don't answer the questions you can be fined a lot of money.

Has anyone else heard of this survey. It isn't only in the states. I saw a video from either England or Australia since they had that accent. I don't think if it is a survey you should have to answer the questions if you don't want too. It is our own free will to answer or not. Most of the questions are public record anyway.

Never heard of it, but if it's a government thing the questioner needs to identify him/herself as from the government.

I respect the government and served in the armed services. I think some things need to be explained and not have a letter sent or some stranger coming to your house asking personal questions when it is public record already.

As a member of CERT-Community Emergency Response Team, The American Red Cross, our public Health Department as a volunteer, and the Neighborhood Watch program; There is an agenda for everyone to rat out their neighbors. Since many of these organization are becoming consolidated under the umbrella of FEMA- Federal Emergency Management Agency through the DHS- Department of Homeland Security; there is a program called 'map your neighborhood' which under the guise of emergency planning is to collect and submit your neighbors information to the Federal Government.

Since it hasn't gotten much traction-it appears the census bureau has been given the green light to do the job civilians don't want too.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/
http://www.census.gov/acs/www/about_the_survey/how_the_acs_works/
http://www.fema.gov/
http://www.fema.gov/community-emergency-response-teams
http://www.ready.gov/citizen-corps
http://www.ready.gov/community-preparedness-toolkit
http://www.dhs.gov/
http://www.dhs.gov/citizen-corps
http://www.usaonwatch.org/
http://www.usaonwatch.org/assets/publications/0_NW_Manual_1210.pdf
http://www.firecorps.org/
http://www.sheriffs.org/

The goal is to recognize those who will be a part of the system and those who will rebel. The question in this dilemma for me as a Christian is; do I willfully submit to a known wicked government?

When it comes-it will come in the form of some sort of 'emergency' scenario; my guess is it will be a combo punch with natural and man-made disasters along with either a biological attack, food shortage or financial crisis-or maybe all at once....

I respect the government and served in the armed services. I think some things need to be explained and not have a letter sent or some stranger coming to your house asking personal questions when it is public record already.

With a lot of government departments in Western countries, there is often a laborious process of formal consent to retrieve personal information, anyway.

Argh, I just hate hearing things like this. That's the problem with Conspiracy Theories, they scare the crap out of me because the more ridiculous they are the more feasible they are at the same time. I miss my little bubble. It was a nice bubble, but I didn't treat it right so now the world is collapsing in.

Argh, I just hate hearing things like this. That's the problem with Conspiracy Theories, they scare the crap out of me because the more ridiculous they are the more feasible they are at the same time. I miss my little bubble. It was a nice bubble, but I didn't treat it right so now the world is collapsing in.

Just the tip of the iceberg my friend.

FYI: It's not a 'conspiracy theory' if it is really happening! :D

And I have personally witnessed much more that is really happening....

I've actually sub-contracted for the Census Bureau on several occasions. There is the country wide census every ten years as mandated by Federal law, but the Census Bureau also conducts limited census activities all the time in various parts of the country. Yes, you can be fined for refusing to participate but that RARELY happens, they have better things to do with their time than hassle the uncooperative. All of your answers to the ACS are completely secure and are not shared with other government departments. The reason they are secure is that the data is aggregated (yours is mixed in with 1000s of other folks, without any personally identifiable data) and to be completely honest - NOBODY CARES. You work with the mind numbingly boring data of John Q Public for more than 10 minutes and believe me you loose interest real fast.
The reason for going house to house is to get current data, as what is "readily available" is often old and inaccurate.
Most of the data is used to determine public service needs - as in do we need more elementary schools or old folks homes.

Call me paranoid if you want too....

But the world didn't hear the warnings of the prophets either. And for that matter-the 'Jews' for the most part don't believe Jesus was the Christ even after witnessing and seeing the difference He made in history.

(No: I am not calling myself a prophet by any means-I am just merely an observer with personal experience people don't want to believe even when the mountain of evidence is placed before them.)

People WANT to be 'willfully ignorant'- it makes us feel safer in this world because we forget the really Good News-the true King is coming back!!!!!!!!!! (Or maybe we use that as an excuse to block out the truths of this word/ the deceit of it?)

Honestly, it only serves as a reminder to me that even if what happens here is completely innocent, or at least misguided and there is no actual government conspiracy, that we are coming closer and closer to the end of times. There IS a conspiracy perpetrated by Satan, and we are most certainly the target. Whatever is happening in the government is just a reflection of that, and nobody should be surprised. This great experiment in Freedom and founding a nation on religious tolerance had a good run, but like all earthly powers, it will not last forever. Some say it has already died. No matter what happens, it doesn't change our mission, it only brings to light how important it is to reach the lost and dying world for Christ.

But if they will not believe the things we tell them of earth, how will they believe the things we tell them of the spirit & afterlife?

John 3:
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Whether they believe or reject, it doesn't change our calling. A farmer plants seeds even if he knows many will not grow, many will be chocked out, and many will be eaten by insects. He does what he can to protect them, but he never stops planting seeds.

Isn't our purpose to reveal truth? People reject reality of the situation in our country. People reject the reality of the world we live in. People reject Jesus Christ is our Savior. People reject that God is real . People want to be 'willfully ignorant'. People want to remain in the dark and feed the flesh no matter what the circumstance is.

Truth is truth-is not the source of truth the same source of 'good'?

I try, I try to reach people with the Gospel. But to be honest with you-the air in my area; people are starting to recognize the 'truths' of what is happening in the physical-and opens up doors to accepting truths in the spiritual. The average Joe- the poor who are struggling don't want to hear about the Savior-they want to hear how they are going to pay their bills and keep their homes from being taken from them by the bank or government.

To be honest-I am about done with New York State. But I am torn about leaving my Church family and my family that still speak to me. So what else can I do to reach people with the truth? Do I stay ignorant of the reality as to why our country is failing apart around us at an exponential rate?

The elite with the 'love of money' are destroying the USA through legislation-people here are starting to actually realize the truth in that. If they open their eyes to the ways of the earth-my hope is they will open their hearts to the ways of God.

So is the pursuit of truth and the revelation of truth a waste of time? I disagree.

I was able to share the Gospel though a discussion on the gun control debate? A waste? Will it return void?

But if they will not believe the things we tell them of earth, how will they believe the things we tell them of the spirit & afterlife?

John 3:
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Well said Brother_Mike_V. And we are told to watch for the return of the Bride Groom Matt 25:13. Complacency is just one of our insidious enemies...Rev 3:1,2,3 is a warning that is easily glossed over...it is a warning to all Christians, not just the other guy.
There is a day appointed and each day brings us/the world one day closer to that appointed day. We don't know when, but we have been told to watch and to prepare. We are indeed required to reveal truth....
Eze 3:18 If I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.
Eze 3:19 But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.
Eze 3:20 Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not warned him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require at your hand.
Eze 3:21 But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul."
We are indeed required to reveal truth.

Another truth that true Christians will recognize is that Children are dear to the Lord. The many many Children in this world that are starving to death every day are most certainly not abandoned by the Lord.

My point was about reaching people through truth-regardless of what truth it is. Truth is from the LORD.

John 3:
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 4:
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 8
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Are we not called to expose lies and rebuke evil and follow God? Why are we so content to ignore the wiles of the devil in our piety?

It seems to me to ignore truth -we ignore the aspects of our Heavenly Father and characteristics of Christ. What I am saying is not about worrying about the things of the world-it is about reaching people in truth. Hard truth-like you need a Savior because it's about t get really really bad for the lost. (And for the saved.)

Is our God still not the same God of culture, society, governments and nations? Do we limit truth to 'only the Gospel' and nothing else?

In Australia, we have not had any legitimate unscheduled census taking. When there is a census, it is well publicized and each census rep is well accredited. We do have a number of shonks who try by various means to extract private data either by phone or by door knocking. My phone number is 'unlisted', yet we do get phone calls from all sorts of people wanting information. When asked how they got our number they say "oh it is just by random selection". Well it happens too frequently to be put down to random chance, which leads me to believe that private information is both shared and sold in this country.

In Australia, we have not had any legitimate unscheduled census taking. When there is a census, it is well publicized and each census rep is well accredited. We do have a number of shonks who try by various means to extract private data either by phone or by door knocking. My phone number is 'unlisted', yet we do get phone calls from all sorts of people wanting information. When asked how they got our number they say "oh it is just by random selection". Well it happens too frequently to be put down to random chance, which leads me to believe that private information is both shared and sold in this country.

What about the thing I heard about down there about answering 'personal' questions through a government census of some sorts this last week?

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/d3...d64e3fdf17be5c1fca2571060079d60b!opendocument

My friend; can we agree that as Christians-we are called to reach the 'secular world' with the truth?

I know you feel pretty much the same way I do about creation versus evolution; as person who was reached through a 'creation ministry' in the battle against the theory of evolution- I am glad someone took the time to apply the truth to expose the lie.

Do we not do the same thing when we show the people 'the Bible says...'? Yes salvation is the key-but how do people find the thing they are looking for that they don't know what it is without relative truth being shown in their lives?

I think as Christians we have a tendency to forget what it is like to be lost; and thus we forget what it took to be reached. I don't want my daughter-or anyone's child to suffer the deceit that is being pushed on them through an agenda that distorts or eliminates the need for our God.

What about the thing I heard about down there about answering 'personal' questions through a government census of some sorts this last week?

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/d3...d64e3fdf17be5c1fca2571060079d60b!opendocument
Ahh yes thank you! The article, (not the video ) you provided a link to attests to the verity of my comments on census up here in Australia.
Perhaps I should point out too, re the video that gives a very brief view of a screen shot showing an ABS document is taken from the ABS web sight and is not an actual census document as I suspect is the intended impression.

Back