New Here And Can't Seem To Have That Relationship With Jesus That Others Speak About

:) DRS, sometimes people 'love' too much and do nothing. How many have said they love with all their heart and at the first sign of temptation they fall. I am so glad scripture gives actual examples of love... help widows! Help orphans! longsuffering! Patience! Endure hardships!

Love has to be defined and not remain a general statement.

But if we do 'works' without 'love' then it is in vain. Is our faith not in the 'love' of Christ?

Love is not a warm gooey feeling, Love is an act ....Would you like to further define love KingJ?

I can see what your are both saying in regards to love.

I choose to love my wife every day, even on those days when her MS makes it difficult, or her depression makes it difficult, I still choose to love her, it's an action, not a feeling.

With that said, there are still those days that I slip and don't love her for a little while, when I choose not to love through an argument or because of something that has happened between us.

I am not perfect, that's for sure.

I choose to love my wife every day, even on those days when her MS makes it difficult, or her depression makes it difficult, I still choose to love her, it's an action, not a feeling.

With that said, there are still those days that I slip and don't love her for a little while, when I choose not to love through an argument or because of something that has happened between us.

I don't believe that you "slip and don't love her for a little while". Perhaps you don't feel the emotional love, or you don't consider her with the same esteem for a short period of time, but to withdrawal love so easily points to a complete lack of love, which I don't think you are experiencing. I think that you are either misinformed regarding the nature of love in the same way that you are confused about your relationship the Christ, or you have a cultural background that defines these concepts very differently (which actually seems rather likely).

There are times when I'm not as infatuated with my wife, or do not consider my children enough, but my love for them never fails. During the weakest of moments I would still lay down my life to protect them without question. THAT is love. One those days that you "slip and do not love your wife", do you suddenly consider yourself single or divorced? Would you then cheat on her? Would you ignore a threat if harm was going to come to her?

I don't believe that you "slip and don't love her for a little while". Perhaps you don't feel the emotional love, or you don't consider her with the same esteem for a short period of time, but to withdrawal love so easily points to a complete lack of love, which I don't think you are experiencing. I think that you are either misinformed regarding the nature of love in the same way that you are confused about your relationship the Christ, or you have a cultural background that defines these concepts very differently (which actually seems rather likely).

There are times when I'm not as infatuated with my wife, or do not consider my children enough, but my love for them never fails. During the weakest of moments I would still lay down my life to protect them without question. THAT is love. One those days that you "slip and do not love your wife", do you suddenly consider yourself single or divorced? Would you then cheat on her? Would you ignore a threat if harm was going to come to her?

I would never cheat on my wife, nor do i consider myself divorced or single and I would always put her life ahead of mine when threatened.

I would never cheat on my wife, nor do i consider myself divorced or single and I would always put her life ahead of mine when threatened.

Then as far as I can tell, you have not stopped loving her, even though you are experiencing an argument. As I stated, I didn't think that was the case.

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums.

As my thread title says, I don't seem to have a relationship with Jesus.

I became a Christian in December 2009, since then I have done what Christians do, such as read my Bible daily, pray daily, go to church, and help out neighbors when needed. I talk with Him each and every day, but I don't seem to have this relationship that others speak of.

I don't feel close to Him or feel as though He is even there. My wife says she feels His presence all the time. She gets answers to her questions and prayers, but I do not.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
What do you think you need to do to change how you feel or what would you do if you look at it objectively.

We need to always look at the extremities. Those days you don't ''love'' her...do you commit adultery? if not...you still love her at a sufficient extremity. Love = commitment > patience > kindness > compliments or something like that :).

So far the only thing that I have been able to see is that i still love my wife, even on those days that we argue or have an issue.

Everything else mentioned I have done or am doing.
Its hard when everything you can do is not enough, but I think thats what the issue is. Maybe your pushing yourself to much.

Its hard when everything you can do is not enough, but I think thats what the issue is. Maybe your pushing yourself to much.

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that it seems like that relationship isn't there. I know that I am saved, but that's not all there is to a relationship with Jesus. I know that there is more, yet I can't seem to have "more" and I don't know how to go about getting "more."

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that it seems like that relationship isn't there. I know that I am saved, but that's not all there is to a relationship with Jesus. I know that there is more, yet I can't seem to have "more" and I don't know how to go about getting "more."
Is there more?

Is there more?

I believe that there is more to a relationship with Jesus than salvation, yes.

My wife gets comforted by Him at times, and she gets answers to questions from Him. She has a relationship with Him that I can't seem to find and she does all the same things that I do.

Back