New Here And Can't Seem To Have That Relationship With Jesus That Others Speak About

Personally not a huge fan of CCW music for 'worship'. But if that helps you get closer to God some how...

Songs such as
allow me to get close to God, where hymns don't.

As was mentioned, style is just personalization. To me CCW music is more personal for me.

I just don't feel as though there is a relationship. That it's more one sided.

There really is not MAGIC formula. You start by accepting who and what Jesus is. Rom 10:9-11 shows that. Then you walk in Him DAILY. One good verse is Colossians 3:14. Putting on love is exemplified by what framers do when they build forms to pour concrete in. When the concrete sets they take away the FORM and what remains is the actual product. Same way with God's love. Based on what His Word says you put this into action in your life and when it sets, you have the actual thing. Be patient and TRUST God. Above all, He is faithful.

God Bless

I agree w/ this, there is no magic formula, one person's relationship w/ jesus isn't going to be the same as yours. Some are just more "open" and are able to experience things in the spirit, Like one of the members in my church, when she was praying, she had an out of body experience, she was caught up in the spirit by the Lord so he could show her something. When my pastor prays, she may get visions of what she's praying about..ect. With me, Im just now...just now XD starting to hear God's voice lol,and not too long ago felt his presence, I always thought it'd be a warm feeling in my chest,since that was what my brother felt,,,, but for me it felt weird XD (I made a thread abt it if you wanna check it out lul) but it was his presence..I was whooping, and hollering abt how bad I wanted to "feel" His presence..and i felt it all right, and it wasn't what I expected XD It felt like, the presence of someone standing very close behind you, but w/o them being there. So don't make my mistake : < and compare your relationship w/ God with everyone elses, Some are able to exp more w/ God b/c their more open, their gift may allow them to (Faith,discerning of spirits(esp that one) ) and it may come a bit more easily for them... doesn't mean you won't have your own exp. w/ the lord, it just may take a while longer :) So don't pay attention to how many answers they get bac from prayer,visions they've had,..ect b/c just like God wants to and loves to show them things, answer their prayers,be intimate with them.... he wants to do the same with you :) He loves you and your wife the same. The only difference is she *spends more time* with Him and is close to Him. We have to chase after God, not the other way around..b/c like my pastor says, "God isn't lost..we are" XD

So ,coming from someone who struggled in this area..and I still have a bit of trouble, keep going b/c it will get better
before i was deaf to God's voice...now... I have a hearing aid XD .. (when I pray I can hear Him talk, before, It was all one sided lol.. I can't hear much he'll say maybe one or twothings..but when Im fasting, I can get a pad and write down what he says lol..but I still got a ways to go)

just enjoy the journey and let your improvements help you perservere ^^

I believe there are many good answers on here, Major's being one of the best. It truly is impossible to say you are saved and not have a relationship with Christ.

What I can say for myself, is that when I am in constant sin (regardless of how small that sin may be), it is easy to doubt my salvation (thought this is now very minimal and I believe whispers of the enemy when it returns). I have a feeling that I am not as close with God and that He is drifting away when I'm not spending time with him daily (which I struggle terribly with) or not ministering to others as I should. I often run or walk by someone when working out and want to turn around and ask them if they know about Jesus, but I never do. We are told to make disciples (if I read scriptures right ;)) and I don't always do this with complete strangers. Then I get hard on myself and doubt that I'm not living up to His standards. A lot of this comes from my own personal stuff...so maybe you have things in your life that get you to compare your relationship with Jesus to the relationship other people have? I've heard a lot of times that our relationship with God is often the same as the ones we had with out parents. Once I realized that God is not my mother, I've been able to move much (more so-not completely) past feeling like God is constantly condemning me, and realizing that He actually does love me.

Lastly, I've never really thought about my relationship with Christ in particular. I know for a fact, I have a relationship with God, but they say Jesus is God (something I am still wrapping my head against), so that would mean I directly have a relationship with Jesus. I speak to the Father and the Son when praying, sometimes incorporating the Holy Spirit. How to you usually pray?

Just add ''love is an act of your will, not a gooey feeling''. Pitty most see it as a gooey feeling.

This sounds more like obedience than love. I can obey someone, do what they say and still not love them. Sorry, men, but there is such a thing as "heart" love. Saying love is just an "act" is like remaining in a marriage for the kids sake or staying Christian because it's what the bible says. There has to be deep, soul fed love there that is incomprehensible and difficult to explain.

Sometimes God is quiet because something is missing; or He is allowing you to lead, or He is testing/ trying/ waiting for you to take some action...

Could you pretty please show me and example of this in the bible? I just can't fathom God sitting back waiting for us to take action when he wants us to follow His will. I don't think He would make it that "sneaky" for us, but maybe I'm wrong....

Could you pretty please show me and example of this in the bible? I just can't fathom God sitting back waiting for us to take action when he wants us to follow His will. I don't think He would make it that "sneaky" for us, but maybe I'm wrong....

Consider Job; consider Adam and Eve alone in the Garden, consider Moses angering the Lord, Consider Nathan rebuking David.

God is not the ogre dictator manipulating every decision we make all of our lives. He loves us in our sins and allows us to live our lives in hopes that we will make the right decisions towards His will.

God allows us to make mistakes; consider Paul on the road to Damascus made a choice that day. Consider the Hebrews before they crossed the Jordan after 40 years in the desert-the vowed an oath that day to the LORD. They made life choices in their own will to serve God-not God bringing the hammer down upon them.

Living for God IS a choice. Didn't you choose to get Baptized? Now you have made a public declaration to the LORD to serve Him. Now you must choose HOW you serve Him everyday. He will guide you-but YOU have to make the effort...(Be ye doers of the Word...)

Living for God IS a choice. Didn't you choose to get Baptized? Now you have made a public declaration to the LORD to serve Him. Now you must choose HOW you serve Him everyday. He will guide you-but YOU have to make the effort...(Be ye doers of the Word...)

I have already been doing this since I accepted Christ as my savior. My baptism was an act of obedience and public declaration of my faith. I will still continue serving God as I did before; it wasn't half hearted then, and it wont be now.

I have already been doing this since I accepted Christ as my savior. My baptism was an act of obedience and public declaration of my faith. I will still continue serving God as I did before; it wasn't half hearted then, and it wont be now.

Lifeasweknowit:

Yes, believers' baptism by immersion is a public symbol of what has already occurred inwardly and spiritually.

Blessings.

I'm not confused (I believe the Tinkerbell emoticon is often misleading ;)), but thank you.

Wasn't suggesting you were confused! Kind of read by everyone really so I guess I was bloviating...

I'm guessing that despite the emoticon you are probably a professional woman complete with short hair, pantsuit and heels, that is very capable and intelligent... :)

(Or maybe this is in itself too stereotypical...)

Blessings.

Wasn't suggesting you were confused! Kind of read by everyone really so I guess I was bloviating...

I'm guessing that despite the emoticon you are probably a professional woman complete with short hair, pantsuit and heels, that is very capable and intelligent... :)

(Or maybe this is in itself too stereotypical...)

Blessings.

Oh, my apologies, it came off that way when you mentioned "there's a lot of confusion about the subject", and with all the similar posts on my "Questions" thread, it made me feel as though I was being reminded again of what baptism meant, and I just wanted to ensure everyone understands that "I get it" :)

Tink and I have long blonde hair, but I do have the pantsuit and heel's! :)

Oh, my apologies, it came off that way when you mentioned "it can be a bit confusing", and with all the similar posts on my "Questions" thread, it made me feel as though I was being reminded again of what baptism meant, and I just wanted to ensure everyone understands that "I get it" :)

Me and Tink have long blonde hair, but I do have the pantsuit and heel's! :)

Lifeasweknowit:

Hey, no prob., long hair, great! :) but something told me anyway that someone intelligent and professional would likely avoid the floppy dresses in favor of creased pants or a business-like skirt on or just above the knee, jacket, and low to medium stilettos.

(But there's me bloviating again... :unsure: )

Blessings.

Tink, come now: I wasn't personally attacking you; apologies if you took it that way. The point is-we are allowed to make choices. God does not force us to follow him even after you accept salvation. It was still ultimately your choice to do a full immersion baptism. It is Farouk's choice to belief that 'godly tattoos' are okay. It is my choice to only listen to hymns and spiritual songs and not anything else.

I choose to attend an independent baptist church-some women believe and choose to wear pants. Some people believe and choose to work on Sundays. Some believe baptism is unnecessary. Do our choices condemn us to hell our glorify us? I guess that depends on the choice.

God gave you free will-we take it for granted everyday. You choose what to eat for breakfast-does God judge that? Maybe it depends on what the condition of the temple is in? I don't know.

What I do know is that we have free will-so did the folks in the Bible. We are sinners-so were the folks in the Bible (Except One). God loves us as His creation-His children. But we are not ALL going to have the same rewards or living quarters in the afterlife due to our daily choices.

We get to choose to follow the LORD every day-that's the point.

Tink, come now: I wasn't personally attacking you; apologies if you took it that way. The point is-we are allowed to make choices. God does not force us to follow him even after you accept salvation. It was still ultimately your choice to do a full immersion baptism. It is Farouk's choice to belief that 'godly tattoos' are okay. It is my choice to only listen to hymns and spiritual songs and not anything else.

I choose to attend an independent baptist church-some women believe and choose to wear pants. Some people believe and choose to work on Sundays. Some believe baptism is unnecessary. Do our choices condemn us to hell our glorify us? I guess that depends on the choice.

God gave you free will-we take it for granted everyday. You choose what to eat for breakfast-does God judge that? Maybe it depends on what the condition of the temple is in? I don't know.

What I do know is that we have free will-so did the folks in the Bible. We are sinners-so were the folks in the Bible (Except One). God loves us as His creation-His children. But we are not ALL going to have the same rewards or living quarters in the afterlife due to our daily choices.

Dirty, I didn't think you were personally attacking me whatsoever. I'm really not sure where you got that from. I was just explaining that I wasn't any different before the baptism. My heart is still with Christ. My response was an explanation, not a rebuttal against an assumed "attack". Sincere apologies if it appeared that way.:love:

Hi there; reading Ephesians 2, especially the first part, the phrase that I would use is 'human responsibility' for the unbeliever, and 'Christian liberty' when reading Romans 14 as regards the believer.

(Or maybe I'm getting technical...)

Blessings.

Hi there; reading Ephesians 2, especially the first part, the phrase that I would use is 'human responsibility' for the unbeliever, and 'Christian liberty' when reading Romans 14 as regards the believer.

(Or maybe I'm getting technical...)

Blessings.

Not sure what your point is?

Back