No One Has Seen God?

Jesus is not only God but a perfect reflection of the Father.:)

Their may not be any truth to what I’m stating, but here it goes.

God is made of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• If we see the Father we do not see God only a part of God.
  • If we see Christ we do not see God only a part of God.
  • If we see the Holy Spirit we do not see God only a part of God.

It’s like you seen my hand in a picture and saying you saw me.

Some theologian say God is out of space and time, that’s how he can hear all prayers, be here with me and there with you at the same time, God can see the future, and how one day can be like a thousand years. For you to see him you to have to be out of space and time.

Their may not be any truth to what I’m stating, but here it goes.

God is made of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• If we see the Father we do not see God only a part of God.
  • If we see the Holy Spirit we do not see God only a part of God.
It’s like you seen my hand in a picture and saying you saw me.

Some theologian say God is out of space and time, that’s how he can hear all prayers, be here with me and there with you at the same time, God can see the future, and how one day can be like a thousand years. For you to see him you to have to be out of space and time.

Thanx, Chellow. I know God lives in a different sphere than we do. You stated it well about time. I often wondered how He could hear all our prayers, and also live in all our hearts. It's so awesome!

The spiritual realm is definitely different from the physical world we know and live in.

I often used the water example to help people understand the Trinity:

This is not my idea. It came from What is the Trinity

It is a fact of chemistry that plain water, when placed in a vacuum under gas pressure of 230 millimeters and at a temperature of 0 degrees Centigrade, Will solidify it into ice at the bottom of the container, the liquid will remain in the center and at the top it vaporizes! At a given moment the same water is both solid, liquid and gas, yet all three are manifestations of the same base substance H2O - hydrogen/ two parts; oxygen/ one part.

More about water....

When you boil water on the stove, or take a hot shower the water vapor is released into the air. This water vapor fills the entire room. Yet it is the same water.

Now, which is greater; the Creator, or the creation?

Since God can create a substance that is able to do all this, including be in all places at the same time without changing its chemical makeup….why would you think God cannot do the same? God is everything, He can do everything. Water is nothing. Yet, we cannot live without water, just as we cannot live without God.

As easily as water can be every where at the same time, so can God. As easier as water can remain water yet be ice and vapor at the same time, so can God remain God the Father in heaven and be Jesus on Earth at the same time and the Holy Spirit can be with everyone at the same time....

And that is how God can hear all our prayers!!!!!.

Ginger :)

The spiritual realm is definitely different from the physical world we know and live in.

I often used the water example to help people understand the Trinity:

This is not my idea. It came from What is the Trinity

It is a fact of chemistry that plain water, when placed in a vacuum under gas pressure of 230 millimeters and at a temperature of 0 degrees Centigrade, Will solidify it into ice at the bottom of the container, the liquid will remain in the center and at the top it vaporizes! At a given moment the same water is both solid, liquid and gas, yet all three are manifestations of the same base substance H2O - hydrogen/ two parts; oxygen/ one part.

More about water....

When you boil water on the stove, or take a hot shower the water vapor is released into the air. This water vapor fills the entire room. Yet it is the same water.

Now, which is greater; the Creator, or the creation?

Since God can create a substance that is able to do all this, including be in all places at the same time without changing its chemical makeup….why would you think God cannot do the same? God is everything, He can do everything. Water is nothing. Yet, we cannot live without water, just as we cannot live without God.

As easily as water can be every where at the same time, so can God. As easier as water can remain water yet be ice and vapor at the same time, so can God remain God the Father in heaven and be Jesus on Earth at the same time and the Holy Spirit can be with everyone at the same time....

And that is how God can hear all our prayers!!!!!.

Ginger :)

Your symbolism of God’s presence and the Trinity is great, if you don’t mind I may use this in the future. It’s very hard for us to ponder something like God or the Trinity here since nowhere in nature there is anything like it, but can I say you come close to something we can all understand. :)

Thank you! :)

I love the water parallel, too. It makes the concept seem so simple.

This would be a great Sunday School lesson....

I ran across an image in recent years which really speaks to me, that is, that Jesus is a window to God. Granted this is very limited image which, no doubt, pales in comparison to the grandeur of God..but it helped me. I also found it most helpful to go through the entire Gospel of John and see how Jesus often speaks of his "oneness" and relationship with the Father.

I am thinking especially of these scriptures:

John 14:9 NIV
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 14:10 NIV
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

[FONT=&quot]Jesus is the Word

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus said to Philip:

John 14
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him. 8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jesus is the Word

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus said to Philip:

John 14
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him. 8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

[/FONT]

Yes Christ is true man and true God, but Christ is only a part of what God is truly. God is the Father Son and Holy Spirit. So you see we have not truly seen all of God, for scripture says.

• Ex. 33:20 No man can see me and live!"
  • John 1:18 "no man has seen God at any time"
  • 1 Timothy 6:16 "alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen or can see."
  • Habakkuk 1:13 "of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity"

I disagree. God is not a spirit. I know it's written that he is a spirit. But he is able to take form of a man , ex: when he comes to abraham with two of his angels. Maybe the reason it is written that no man have ever seen God, is that he want to point out that man haven't seen god WAYS. That god love mercy, not hatred and war. And God dislikes divorces where moses told israel that they can have divorced. It is allowed by the law but god do not likes it. So we the Christians who have dominated the world by Jesus Christ have a purpose, to let men know that what is written in the law not all god loves, ex: is it righteous to kill a man to take his wife ? I say the answer is by God anything can be forgiven if he repent. Why you might ask, let me give an example for the answer : When David killed a man by Palestinian sword to take a man's wife, he was forgiven yet the child dies. So sin may be forgiven, but justice prevailed. Another example, if you killed man have you sinned ? I say if you killed a man to save another man no humans can say that it is a sin. Why ? Because even if moses a murderer (when he killed an egytian to save an israeli ) he was forgiven, in fact he has become a major role in the Judaism religion.
So no man have ever seen god because they do not know Him. They say this is allowed in the law but they do not know, neither do they care that what they do is not good (divorces, killing palestinians to create their "Holy Land", killing a man because he healed on the sabbath).

So what i want to say in this forum for people who are studying the bible, i want to give a hint and please keep what i'm going about to write in your heart. 3 things:
1. Not every christians is a christians (not every priest is a priest ), i beg you when a priest send a message, study it whether it is good or evil.
2. Do not see people from their religion, for not every christians will be saved. But everyone who believed and accept Jesus Christ and God as his/ her savior and Lord. Because i have seen muslim, jews, buddhist that are good. We as christians when we judge a man because of religion, we are no better than the Jews in Jesus time's.
3. Read the old testament, but study it. Don't become a fool by saying because it's written i can't eat a pork i will not, and because it is written i can divorce i will. I say if you did that then Jesus Christ our lord have died in vain. Will you accept the new law or do you want to be binded by the old law. Believe the new testament, do not let any Jews fooled you to make you a jews in spirit. Honor the sabbath day by helping the poor, not by killing a man because he healed on the sabbath day. Honor the priest and the pope for he is a symbol of christianity and Peter. For it is the catholic that spreads the bible. And the protestant that perfected it.

Don't see jews as holy. They are the same like all men. Remeber : Unless you righteousness is not greater than the Pharisees and the scribe (jews in jesus time) you will BY NO MEANS enter the kingdom of god.

Why ? Because they are blinded by the law, and persecuted the law. For christ sake they killed Jesus because he healed men on the sabbath day, because they say " In the sabbath day you will do no work." Those who are chosen to be jesus's own will know the meaning and truth.

Many thanks to this great website, i want to create one, someday maybe. Love the brotherhood (the catholic, the protestant, the evangelist, the orthodox). But study them for many antichrist will and have come. The hebrew word of AntiChrist have 2 meaning (Hate/disbelieve christ and from/inside christ). Therefor anti christ is those from or outside of christ that disbelieve / hate christ.

Wow look at how many i have write, took me 2 minutes.

I disagree. God is not a spirit. I know it's written that he is a spirit. But he is able to take form of a man , ex: when he comes to abraham with two of his angels.
If the Word of God says He is a Spirit then a Spirit He is. And yes He took the form of a man- Jesus Christ.:)

I disagree.

This is why I believe the scripture statement to be correct, and that no one has seen God. If you pay a visit to my home at your present state I don’t think you can state that you have seen my soul, but you have seen me, like wise because someone may have seen Christ they can’t say that they have seen God in all his glory.

This is why I believe the scripture statement to be correct, and that no one has seen God. If you pay a visit to my home at your present state I don’t think you can state that you have seen my soul, but you have seen me, like wise because someone may have seen Christ they can’t say that they have seen God in all his glory.

Very good illustration , chello .

Well, my point is only by love and faith and the mercy of God we are saved. We may have different opinion and meaning of the bible words, but we all have one Lord and 1 God. In the end we shall know who is right and who is the wrong one.

Let's take a look on Isaiah

About Jonh 1:18

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,who is at the
Father's side, has made him known. NIV

Jesus referes here at the Father as the One the people have never
seen. I know it could be confused, because we have read some verses on
the Bible that tell us about people seeing God. We can mention
Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Isaiah and so on. But, if Jonh 1:18 says that
no one has seen God, how this could be possible? the only answer might
be, that whom they saw was Jesus pre-incarnated.

The best example about this matter can be find on Isaiah vision, when God called
him to become a prophet for Judah. Let's read what it says:

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne,
high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Isaiah
1:1 NIV

I think the rest of the chapter is not necessary, because we know how
Isaiah's calling was. But the point here is, that Isaiah says he have
seen God sitting on his throne. I know this may be contradictory with
Jonh 1:18, but the answer for this can be find on Jonh 12:41, when
Jonh is telling us about the continuosly unbelif of the Jews toward
Jesus, let's read some verses back:

Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their
presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the
word of Isaiah the prophet:
"Lord, who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"[g]
For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:
"He has blinded their eyes
and deadened their hearts,
so they can neither see with their eyes,
nor understand with their hearts,
nor turn—and I would heal them." 41Isaiah said this because he saw
Jesus' glory and spoke about him. Jonh. 12:37-41

Very clear the text is showing us whom Isaiah saw, it was Jesus
Christ, so, gathering this example and the others, we could get a
conclusion about who the Patriarcs, Prophets and other people saw as
God, it was Jesus before coming to earth.

Blessings.

PD: all texts were taken from NIV Bible.

Back