Not doing it right

What is "doing it right", exactly? What does that mean? Do you ever feel like you are not doing it right? What do you do to help encourage yourself?

The best way to encourage one self is to remember the Scriptures.

Romans 8:1 KJV
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What do you guys think?

What is "doing it right", exactly? What does that mean? Do you ever feel like you are not doing it right? What do you do to help encourage yourself?

The best way to encourage one self is to remember the Scriptures.

Romans 8:1 KJV
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What do you guys think?

Juk if I feel I am missing the mark then I RELY ON HIS GRACE and go to Him and find out what it is I am doing the is causing me tomiss the mark and once I do understand I do my part to fix it or change what I was doing or thinking. Grace however is AWESOME.

But why does it seem like this is all for nothing?
Look at it this way: think about everything in your life(apart from God) that seem real or feel real but aren't. Does it make them real because they seem or feel real?

You see that is why feelings and appearances aren't reliable, that is why the bible teaches not to live by the senses but by faith. That is why the bible says, "heaven and earth will pass away but my words will by no means pass away." Matthew 24:35.

Look at it this way: think about everything in your life(apart from God) that seem real or feel real but aren't. Does it make them real because they seem or feel real?

You see that is why feelings and appearances aren't reliable, that is why the bible teaches not to live by the senses but by faith. That is why the bible says, "heaven and earth will pass away but my words will by no means pass away." Matthew 24:35.
One of my favorite verses:
Isaiah 40:8 KJV
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

@Juk , One more thing I want to say about things "seeming" a certain way. This is very important: there will seem to be contradictions in the bible but know with a surety that there are NO contradictions in the bible. Any apparent contradiction is simply a lack of understanding. So, you just need to keep searching for the answer...the Holy Spirit will guide you.

But why does it seem like this is all for nothing?

It's never for nothing. God is in the process of rebuilding us, and making us new and fit for His use. God wants to use you to influence others for Him, and so He is sowing His truth in you, and correcting you, and molding you to become like His Son---all WITHOUT condemnation!

When we falter and stumble, He is right there in all His love and compassion and goodness, and He just picks us up, puts us on our feet again, brushes the dirt off our clothes, and puts his hand around our shoulders and says, "OK, my child, let's do this again, only better---and I'll help you!"

It's never for nothing. God is in the process of rebuilding us, and making us new and fit for His use. God wants to use you to influence others for Him, and so He is sowing His truth in you, and correcting you, and molding you to become like His Son
Why does that scare me?

To add or clarify just a small thing.....faith is not a feeling it is trusting God.

Why does that scare me?

When we are used to doing things our way or by our "rules" it's hard to accept grace...and know how to rely on God to help you.

I remember a time when God was trying to help me change all my "rules." I felt so scared, because it felt as if i had no floor to stand on. So it took quite a long time, and someone walking by my side to support me, but I finally was able to grasp God's ways of doing things. And now i have a foundation in God that He helped me to build.....and it's fully peaceful and a lot easier....until i try to get my flesh to do something it does not want to do...yikes talk about falling and tripping and such...like learning to walk all over again :ROFLMAO:

Keep your chin up! And have patience with yourself and God.

When we are used to doing things our way or by our "rules" it's hard to accept grace...and know how to rely on God to help you.

I remember a time when God was trying to help me change all my "rules." I felt so scared, because it felt as if i had no floor to stand on. So it took quite a long time, and someone walking by my side to support me, but I finally was able to grasp God's ways of doing things. And now i have a foundation in God that He helped me to build.....and it's fully peaceful and a lot easier....until i try to get my flesh to do something it does not want to do...yikes talk about falling and tripping and such...like learning to walk all over again [emoji23]

Keep your chin up! And have patience with yourself and God.
Hey Cturtle.....have I ever told you that you are awesome?[emoji1]

God gave me a passage to encourage me it's 1 Peter 5:12b
My purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God's grace for you. Stand firm in this grace.
As i put the definition of grace after it...it helped to know how to stand firm in His grace for me.

Grace is God's overwhelming desire to treat you and me as if sin never happened.

Back