Okay, So What's Your Weather Like?

I live in Florida and it needs to be renamed something other than the "sunshine state." It rains constantly! Ugh :-}

Yesterday, my wife and I decided to escape from the heat for a few hours. Went up to Horseshoe Meadows outside of Lone Pine, CA for a short day hike. Temperatures were in the mid 70's in the afternoon. On the way back, we stopped to eat in Furnace Creek, CA. It was 120F at 6:30 pm.

Yesterday, my wife and I decided to escape from the heat for a few hours. Went up to Horseshoe Meadows outside of Lone Pine, CA for a short day hike. Temperatures were in the mid 70's in the afternoon. On the way back, we stopped to eat in Furnace Creek, CA. It was 120F at 6:30 pm.

Sounds like you guys had a welcome reprieve for a while, weather-wise...

Yes we did! It is nice to live in an area with a nice variety of temperatures. And the heat is not too bad... because of the lack of humidity, 120 out here is more comfortable than in the 90's where I grew up (New Jersey).

Yes we did! It is nice to live in an area with a nice variety of temperatures. And the heat is not too bad... because of the lack of humidity, 120 out here is more comfortable than in the 90's where I grew up (New Jersey).

I hear you about the dryness/humidity...

When I was in NJ I was impressed by the mountains around High Point, Delaware Water Gap; I guess the weather there differs a bit from the Jersey shore.

Blesssings.

I took my wife to New Jersey a few years ago to visit my family. It was summer. We went to Six Flags Great Adventure to ride the coasters. It was 99 degrees and 95% humidity. She said never again in summer! I grew up in that weather, with no air conditioning, and my bedroom in the attic, under a dark-colored shingle roof. Now my mom says, "I don't know how you stood it!"

Back