Okay, So What's Your Weather Like?

Okay guys, so yesterday I said that yesterday was the hottest day this year in Ontario.

Well, it wasn't.

Today was.

:confused:

I've not got outside much over the last couple of weeks but ours is generally lousy. We have that mugginess that I think will be good for late blight. We also seem to have had little of the sun needed to help plants along this year.

I've not got outside much over the last couple of weeks but ours is generally lousy. We have that mugginess that I think will be good for late blight. We also seem to have had little of the sun needed to help plants along this year.

...It's that North Sea wind maybe... :)

We certainly are on the North Sea but we do get good growing weather some years.

The only North wind thing I can think of at the moment is.

The north wind doth blow,
And we shall have snow,
And what will poor robin do then,
Poor thing?
He'll sit in a barn,
And keep himself warm,
And hide his head under his wing,
Poor thing.

But I'm not sure that's related to the North Sea and that's winter time.

No, I can give you gales.

Hate to nitpick, but to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit multiply by 9/5 (1.8) and add 32.
Thus 20 C becomes 68 F, 30 C becomes 86 F, and 40 C is 104 F.
Centrigrade and Celsius are the same thing. Kelvin has the same "size" degrees as Celsius
but starts at absolute zero (roughly -46o F).

I find it a difficult thing Glomung athough 9/5 + 32 is easy.with a calculator.

UK. Some want to hang on to imperial but I wish we'd have gone metric back when I was a kid and changed the money. I picture some quantities in kilos (though I still see a pound of sugar), maybe a length of wood in feet. my mothers car drinks litres of petrol but does drives at miles per hour... I'm maybe an odd one on this but...

Wow, and it gets pretty hot in Ciudad Juárez over the river, in more ways than one...

I got an e-mail from a friend in New Mexico today and he said it was 118 degrees there yesterday.
Humidy or no humidity............118 is 118 and just reading 118 makes me sweat.

Back