old testament and new testament.

smellycat

Account Closed
old testament and new testament.

moses human leader out of oppresion.Jesus spiritual leader out of oppresion. :) noah,s ark human ship to save many.Jesus spiritual ship to save many. :) as we can see and there are loads more examoles ,we go from carnal to spiritual. :) the church,carnally following God.but now spiritually following God. :) from darkness unto light. marriage,carnal to spiritual. :)the beginning carnal brothers and sisters.today spiritual brothers and sisters.:) elijah,taken by whirlwind.today taken by spiritual wind.:)

david used a y shaped sling shot to carry a stone,to cast down a human giant.we use a spiritual sling shot to cast down spiritual giants.:)

The greatest giant we all have to take down is self its dirty dispicable fithy rebelous.I must die that He may live in me.The life i now live i live by faith in the Son of God.

The enemy acn only rule over flesh that is why we need to die to self.The serpent feeds on dust the carnal nature of man.That is why we must be born again.Life in Christ death without Him.

moses human leader out of oppresion.Jesus spiritual leader out of oppresion. :) noah,s ark human ship to save many.Jesus spiritual ship to save many. :) as we can see and there are loads more examoles ,we go from carnal to spiritual. :) the church,carnally following God.but now spiritually following God. :) from darkness unto light. marriage,carnal to spiritual. :)the beginning carnal brothers and sisters.today spiritual brothers and sisters.:) elijah,taken by whirlwind.today taken by spiritual wind.:)

Hebrews 10

Animal Sacrifices Insufficient

1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Many of the things of the Old testament where a shaddow of the true things to come. But the saddow is not the real thing, it is mearly an outline of the thing which is sold.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Yes that's good Mike . You are reading the Word . And yes the OT is a mirror into the NT. There are so many passages that refer to the new . And it all starts right in Genesis.

Adam means "man ".... first man, son of man .... the last Adam .... the Son of God . Jesus .... The first and the last . The beginning and the end.

maybe so,but does God as man count as first man.?to take a rib would mean physical.i ain,t got to that yet,lol.

what do you mean there mikey ?
Are you talking about Jesus ?
He is the first and the last. but as God.
first man for Adam meaning first human, to me anyways :p.

maybe so,but does God as man count as first man.?to take a rib would mean physical.i ain,t got to that yet,lol.

Yes Mike because God formed Adam from the dust . God is the potter and we are the clay .

In the same way because Adam was created by God , he is called the first Adam ...." THe Son of God "..... The first Adam.

Jesus was there at the beginning of time ....Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

The " let us ' is spoken by God the Father to the Son and Holy Ghost, who were each concercned in the creation of all things, and particularly of man.

This expression " us " contains an early implication of the Triune God . See Mathew 3:17

Jesus is the Son of God and the last Adam. because He will rule and riegn forever.

This discovery is more deeply significant than we may think at first glance

It demonstrates that the earliest chapters of Genesis God had already laid out His plan of redemption for what happened in the fall of mankind.

God in His great love and mercy loved us so much that He sent His precious and only Son to die on a cruel cross for our redemption.

If you mix the literal and the types you will certainly get confused. Adam was not Christ. He was a type of Christ, or a shadow of Christ. But literally and historically, he was the first man, created by God.

In what way is he a shadow of Christ?

Adam was in the image of God
Gen 1.26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
Jesus is the express image of God.
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

Dominion
Adam was given dominion
Gen 1.26 and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea,
Jesus was given dominion.
Joh 21:6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
Finished
When God finished his work with man, he said it was very good, and it was followed by night and a new day.
When God finished his work with THE man (Jesus), God (Jesus) said, "It is finished" and there was darkness, and a new day (the kingdom of God).

From the dust
God formed Adam from the dust of the earth by breathing his spirit into him.
Jesus, who was God (and Spirit) became earthly in the incarnation. He is of the same dust as Adam and has God's spirit within Him.

Origin of the bride
Adam's bride came into existence through his sleep.
Christ's bride came into existence through his death. (The word sleep is used to refer to death.)

Bride deceived
Eve was deceived by the serpent.
The church was blind (not seeing clearly or deceived) by the serpent.

The man not deceived
Adam was not deceived but chose to sin to "die with his bride".
Christ was not deceived but chose to be made sin to "die for his bride".

Eve's sin was that she chose to follow instincts (looks good, smells good, etc. rather than the word of God)
The church does the same.

Adam received the fruit (a symbol of sin) from Eve.
Christ received sin from his bride.

The man fruitful after his death
Adam did not have earthly children until after his spiritual death.
Christ did not have spiritual children until after his earthly death.

Location of the bride
Adam's bride was separated from his flesh.
The church is placed "in Christ"

Can you find more?

the sons of God took from the daughters of man.any they wanted.the only way this is possible is if there master put this into the mind of women.so thi means some who are sons of God then have a diffrent god.:eek:

There is only one Messiah. There is only one Savior as God said in the old testament that only He is the only Savior. Isaiah 43:11

To say that Adam is a type of Christ Dusty and Bob, I can't agree with that. There's only one type of Christ (Messiah) and that's He who saves and gives salvation.
I can't agree that Adam is a type of Christ. That's putting God in a position equal to man.

choose another word :p

but if you wish to compare, as you did Bob Jones, then that's fine because that was a nice comparison.

There is only one Messiah. There is only one Savior as God said in the old testament that only He is the only Savior. Isaiah 43:11

To say that Adam is a type of Christ Dusty and Bob, I can't agree with that. There's only one type of Christ (Messiah) and that's He who saves and gives salvation.
I can't agree that Adam is a type of Christ. That's putting God in a position equal to man.

choose another word :p

but if you wish to compare, as you did Bob Jones, then that's fine because that was a nice comparison.

Yes , I know there is only one Messiah .

Adam's name means " man"

But if you study Adam .... he was the first " man" to be made by God . And Jesus was the The Son of God and he was the last Adam and think back to what Adam's name means " man".

. Adam, " man" was the first Adam or " man'.. If you try to reason it out . It becomes sense . Because God made both .

So Jesus was " man '"while He was on earth .

Adam was " man ' also formed by God .And Jesus was the last Adam " man "

But anyways it doesn't matter cause we all beleive that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and it is not worse getting stressed over.

I can't explain it any better than that .... sorry .

because it is not explainable that Adam was a type of Christ, nor anyone else. in class in english today the teacher was saying how a man was symbolizing Jesus by the coming of new faith of Christianity back in the 1000 AD
then she wanted to say he's a type of Christ but she said "I won't be saying that because that's too much" and the teacher is not even Christian I believe.

she's right there :p
something to think about.

see now you are not saying that he is a type of Christ but that he is "first man"
now that makes sense, we shouldn't go further as to say, "he's 'first man' and also a type of Christ"
why not just making him messiah over all :p since he's the first and also a type of Messiah.
but no
he's only the first man.
sorry if I appear mean :p I'm not :p

because it is not explainable that Adam was a type of Christ, nor anyone else. in class in english today the teacher was saying how a man was symbolizing Jesus by the coming of new faith of Christianity back in the 1000 AD
then she wanted to say he's a type of Christ but she said "I won't be saying that because that's too much" and the teacher is not even Christian I believe.

she's right there :p
something to think about.

see now you are not saying that he is a type of Christ but that he is "first man"
now that makes sense, we shouldn't go further as to say, "he's 'first man' and also a type of Christ"
why not just making him messiah over all :p since he's the first and also a type of Messiah.
but no
he's only the first man.
sorry if I appear mean :p I'm not :p

Rams ..... Please correct me if I am wrong but I never said Adam was a type of Christ . Go back and read what I said .

Anyways , I have said all I have to say and with drow from this thread . Thankyou all for your comments .

Back