Original faith verses modern faith

Original faith verses modern faith

The Bible states that for a man to hold the office of Bishop he must be of good character, sound in his faith and tested by the Holy Spirit. Based on this we know in faith the early bishops were doctrinally sound in their teachings. If we then accept the scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit, we know in faith these words are true, yet many today reject the tesimonies of these men.
A further point is that we today rely on the testimony of the early Church when we accept their choice in what writings were included in the canon of scripture we call the bible. Again, if we reject that these men were inspired of God then we cannot claim the canon is 100% accurate, thus we reduce the bible to no more than a compilation of books and letters chosen by the carnal minds of men.
The question is why do many that claim to be inspired by the Holy Spirit preach different doctrines of faith to those that we know for a fact were.
Surely God, who states He never changes, has not varied or turned from what He originally declared was Truth. Do those that preach these new doctrines and practices suggest the Holy Spirit inspires division between the faithful of the past and those of today.
May Jesus Christ bring peace and unity to all, for the further glory of His name

May The Lord Bless
daniel2macarius

So, what is the discussion here? Are we discussing the accuracy of the KJV vs the Bibles, or are we talking about conflicts between denominations?

Dear baranenth,
In answer to the question that you asked

"So, what is the discussion here? Are we discussing the accuracy of the KJV vs the Bibles, or are we talking about conflicts between denominations"?

To be quite frank your question puzzels me as the KJV and the Holy Bible are the same thing the word of god. But yes to your second point.
Why do all denominations lay claim to being a "true" church but most of them teach differently on the same subject would the Holy Spirit that is suppose to inspire these churches contridict Himself,no, not at all, the simple fact is that from the time of the first division in the church there has been false doctrine and false churches teaching differently to what the Apostles did and people taught directly by the Apostles and even The Lord Jesus Christ Himself this is the point of the post original faith verses modern faith the three major divisions are in 451AD when rome went astray and again in 1054AD when the Eastern Orthodox split from rome and them the reformation in the 16th century headed up by Martin Luther so all those that broke away from the original church and those that are the fruit of such divisions like the protestants are in fact not truly a church as the bible says:
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone(Ephesians 2:19-20)

thus exposing that if the church is not founded by an apostle it is not a "true" church.
Glory Be To God Forevermore and unity in His church
May The Lord Bless

daniel2macarius

Well, I agree if 50 churches are teaching 50 different things and leaving out important truths, some may not be following the Bible properly~

Being Mislead

Sylvanus said:
Because doctrine serves the purpose of the Holy Spirit, and not the other way around. Those who think otherwise are mislead.

Where the Jesus mislead, where the Apostles mislead, is the word of God misleading, no that statement above is misleading there are commanded in the Holy Bible about doctrine some are:
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,(2 Tim 3:16)
Jesus answered them and said, My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.(John 7:16)
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.(Acts 2:42)
Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.(Romans 16:17)
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.(2 John 1:9)

and there are many inferences in scripture that we should teach no other doctrine then what delivered to us by God through the Holy Apostles now as we know the Holy Spirit when teaching the interpretation of scripture would not teach the Apostle paul one thing and you something else otherwise He would be contridicing Himself God forbid no either you are wrong or the Holy Apostles are and those entrusted to lead the church by them after they departed

May The Lord Bless
daniel2 macarius

Put up or shut up

Sylvanus said:
Daniel2macarius: This is an Orthodox position.

May I ask, others would consider you as having broken away too.

Can you really be objective about it?
http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/ttp/courses/IT/07

You seem to imply that i am broken from the faith this is a serious accussation well i wonder if you can prove that i am broken away and that you are not. besides my aim in posting is to teach the truth as delivered by the Apostles not my own maybe this link will be good for you to look at it has alot of early church writings you might fint interesting

www.ourchurch.com/member/e/earlychurch/

May The Lord Bless
daniel2macarius

D2M,

Truthfully, I am having a very hard time understanding what your doctrine is all about.
I am not against it, I just am not comprehending it.
Yes, The Bible is the Truth, every word of it, I do understand you to say this.

Other than that I am not understanding what you are getting at.....
You are not specific in stating what that truth is that you are talking about.

Bless you~

D2M, Brother Sylv was not implying he felt that way but merely saying that others could easily feel that way about your doctrine as you do theirs~

i do agree that many claim the holy spirit.then change meanings of words.so this explains a evil spirit acting as the holy spirit.to determine is ery hard they change things from behind the scenes and play on words.good point that i agree with.

Back