Our Adventure Yesterday Coming Home From My Mom's House

Good one, Ray! Hey, your wife is a science teacher? I don't mean to take this topic, off topic, but how much education did you folks invest in? I feel for many people that love or enjoy going to school, it is an adventure.

I was not an avid or zealous student when I was in high school, college and seminary. It was by His strength that I managed to complete my studies.
Hm. Well, I actually enjoy school more than she does.

The wife has a bachelor's in Biology (Marine Biology) and a master's in distance learning. She started off pre-med, but did not enjoy the experience. I have a bachelor's in Management and master's in MPA (Criminal Justice), MBA (Intelligence Analytics) and MIS (Information Systems).

For the record, my bachelor's and first masters were while in the service, so they did not cost me anything. My 2nd and 3rd masters were with my post 911 GI Bill, so they did not cost me anything either.

Ray

That was my risk to take to be sure she survived. I am a fan of reptiles and I just wanted to help her. I knew what I was doing. I was using a piece of plywood to scoot her to the side and that is what I used to pick up the one baby I was able to get.

I guess unless you keep reptiles, it's hard to understand why anyone would want to risk themselves like that.

I KEEP reptiles as well.

I KEEP as far away from them as I can!

My girlfriend was the same way until she met me. Now she has several of her own.
What can you do with snakes. ?
I am curious to how well a pet they make.
My niece has a bearded dragon and he sits on her arm and he is quite docile. The children can also feed him and he is loved.
Do your snakes try to bite you or strangle you?
u must excuse my ignorance as I don’t know anyone with snakes and I am curious to how well a pet they make.
Thankyou

What can you do with snakes. ?
I am curious to how well a pet they make.
My niece has a bearded dragon and he sits on her arm and he is quite docile. The children can also feed him and he is loved.
Do your snakes try to bite you or strangle you?
u must excuse my ignorance as I don’t know anyone with snakes and I am curious to how well a pet they make.
Thankyou

While they may not be as engaging as a bearded dragon, snakes make great pets. Like anything with a mouth, they can bite you and some snakes will do just that more so than others, but not all snakes are prone to bite.

None of my snakes have bitten me or tried to strangle me. The later being impossible since they aren't nor will they ever be large enough to do so. One is content to just lay on my lap and the other three are curious and want to move around.

Well now your talking!

I particularly like those blue ones.
I used to watch a guy in South America who had hundreds of them and all different colours with different temperaments. It was fascinating to watch him feed them all once a month. He really looks after them and everything😇

I misspoke as I forgot I was given one for free when I bought my last one.

The first four are new world tarantulas and the last an old world tarantula. The Antilles Pinktoe is arboreal and the others terrestrial. All do not currently look like the pictures as they are in varying degrees of age and growth.

These are the five that I have with pictures:

Mexican Redknee

WVxZz2S.jpg

Nicaraguan Curly Hair

B_albopilosa_REAL5.jpg

Brazilian Whiteknee

IMG_20180603_140625_265.jpg

Antilles Pinktoe

Caribena-versicolor-Antilles-Pinktoe-Tarantula.jpg

Cameroon Red Baboon

Hysterocrates-Gigas.jpg

They really are cool. I really like the hairy one. What have you called him? Samson? 😊

And check out the fourth one…he is wearing a technicolour dream coat….
❤️
Edit:
I know some can cause a painful bite… but how does holding one of those fare out?

They really are cool. I really like the hairy one. What have you called him? Samson? 😊

And check out the fourth one…he is wearing a technicolour dream coat….
❤️
Edit:
I know some can cause a painful bite… but how does holding one of those fare out?

The curly hair is named Jarlaxle after a Rogue Drow from one of my favorite fantasy series Legend of Drizzt. The fourth one is just that amazingly colored for a tarantula.

The only one that I would worry about holding would be the Cameroon red baboon. They are an old-world species and their bites can pack a wallop! The others, their bite is medically insignificant being a new world species. Unless you're allergic to the bite like a bee sting. The new worlds have urticating hairs on their abdomen which actually can do more damage, especially if you get them in your eyes. It's what itching powder used to be made from.

The curly hair is named Jarlaxle after a Rogue Drow from one of my favorite fantasy series Legend of Drizzt. The fourth one is just that amazingly colored for a tarantula.

The only one that I would worry about holding would be the Cameroon red baboon. They are an old-world species and their bites can pack a wallop! The others, their bite is medically insignificant being a new world species. Unless you're allergic to the bite like a bee sting. The new worlds have urticating hairs on their abdomen which actually can do more damage, especially if you get them in your eyes. It's what itching powder used to be made from.
Yes I must have held one of the new ones . I was itching like crazy aftehandling a brown one after a friend bought one. It was quite a scary moment but he never bit me, as I looked up how to pick them up.

I like tarantulas but I would never handle any other more dangerous species like the black widow or the funnel web

Back