Pastor doesn't want members praying or reading bible together

What is contained in the scriptures is wholly, exclusively and entirely God's word
Brother, you will not find one scripture in the bible that says that "scripture is the Word of God", neither can you find anywhere is scripture where it says, ""knowing the word", or "prophecy of the word", or "what does the word say", or "word shows", or "according to the word ", or "holy word", or "understanding the word", or "read the word", or "as the word has said" , or "search the word", or "the word was opened,", or "the word cannot be broken ", or "the word written" because every where where it says "Word" it means "scripture." why? because the Word of God is something we hear directly from God, and scripture is what we read with our eyes. What is the purpose of scripture if it is not the Word of God?

2Ti 3:16.. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17.. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

All scripture was given for the sole purpose of teaching "doctrine", for "reproof", for "correction", for "instruction in righteousness".
It can said be said that scripture is like a "tool box" to be used by men, and women to teach spiritual principles.
There is no way anyone can learn about the Word of God by reading scripture, for scripture can only be understood by the Word of God spoken directly to man by God.

The two men Jesus appeared to after his resurrection who were on their way to " Emmaus", Jesus himself who being "the Word of God" gave them understanding of the scriptures by speaking to them.

Luke 24:27.. And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

The "Word of God" which can not be read, but only heard directly from God is the only way scripture can be understood. Reading it on your own will be of little use to anyone.

Euphemia Hello,
Hey I have to agree with Major on this one. He did say His time is "free" and
he did not say he had free time.....
Maybe it is time we all grasp that to go on with this is simply beating a dead horse.
God Bless
Jim
It makes no difference to me. That people would jump on me for something as silly as this, yet overlook other more serious misunderstandings of God's word makes my head spin.

Brother, you will not find one scripture in the bible that says that "scripture is the Word of God", neither can you find anywhere is scripture where it says, ""knowing the word", or "prophecy of the word", or "what does the word say", or "word shows", or "according to the word ", or "holy word", or "understanding the word", or "read the word", or "as the word has said" , or "search the word", or "the word was opened,", or "the word cannot be broken ", or "the word written" because every where where it says "Word" it means "scripture." why? because the Word of God is something we hear directly from God, and scripture is what we read with our eyes. What is the purpose of scripture if it is not the Word of God?

2Ti 3:16.. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17.. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

All scripture was given for the sole purpose of teaching "doctrine", for "reproof", for "correction", for "instruction in righteousness".
It can said be said that scripture is like a "tool box" to be used by men, and women to teach spiritual principles.
There is no way anyone can learn about the Word of God by reading scripture, for scripture can only be understood by the Word of God spoken directly to man by God.

The two men Jesus appeared to after his resurrection who were on their way to " Emmaus", Jesus himself who being "the Word of God" gave them understanding of the scriptures by speaking to them.

Luke 24:27.. And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

The "Word of God" which can not be read, but only heard directly from God is the only way scripture can be understood. Reading it on your own will be of little use to anyone.

Brother I am having a very hard time trying to grasp what you are trying to say here.........
because every where where it says "Word" it means "scripture." why? because the Word of God is something we hear directly from God, and scripture is what we read withour eyes. What is the purpose of scripture if it is not the Word of God?

Brother that makes no sense what so ever.
First you say Word means scripture
Then you say word of God is something we hear directly from God
Then scriptures we read with our eyes
Then what is the purpose of scripture if it is notthe word of God

Thes 4 things conflict with each other.
Scripture is the written word of God
God says it and it gets written down and this does not change it is the written word of God.

So Curtis, Please tell me that I am missing what you mean here !! ;)
Blessings
Jim

It makes no difference to me. That people would jump on me for something as silly as this, yet overlook other more serious misunderstandings of God's word makes my head spin.
Jump on you ? No Euphemia - Neither I nor any one has jumped on you. You misunderstood what @Major said. That should have been the end of it. In all truth - how many times after this did you go on about time is free meaning had time to kill or extra time etc ?

No my sister - no one is jumping on you - but when any of us keep going on about something that We Our selves misunderstood then it begins to bring strife to the table. It is much easier to admit that We misunderstood and except what was meant and move on - this way we do not feel as if we are getting jumped on or singled out and so forth.

Have a wonderful day my sister
God Bless
Jim

Jump on you ? No Euphemia - Neither I nor any one has jumped on you. You misunderstood what @Major said. That should have been the end of it. In all truth - how many times after this did you go on about time is free meaning had time to kill or extra time etc ?

No my sister - no one is jumping on you - but when any of us keep going on about something that We Our selves misunderstood then it begins to bring strife to the table. It is much easier to admit that We misunderstood and except what was meant and move on - this way we do not feel as if we are getting jumped on or singled out and so forth.

God Bless
Jim

Ahhh, I made no mistake, there.

God Bless
Jim

Well said.

Brother I am having a very hard time trying to grasp what you are trying to say here.........
because every where where it says "Word" it means "scripture." why? because the Word of God is something we hear directly from God, and scripture is what we read withour eyes. What is the purpose of scripture if it is not the Word of God?

God says it and it gets written down and this does not change it is the written word of God.

Blessings
Jim

Yep! I am having the same concern.

Blessings
Jim

I believe Curtis is speaking of the problem for many people---that they read the words on the page of a bible as words, but do not hear it as God-breathed revelation of His truth directly to them, personally. Spirit trumps intellect.

Ahhh, I made no mistake, there.

And there it is!!

I mean no disrespect to you and I have no desire to argue but you, but IMO just identified the key to a lot of things.

"I made no mistake".

No one said you did!
You just simply misunderstood something said but when called on it, you would not and will not admit it even to this point in time like it is a big deal whether you are right or wrong. In the course of real life it means nothing whatsoever but it seems that it means a lot to you and I have no clue as to why.

It has been my observation that several people now treat this exercise of opinions(conversations) made back and forth between Christians as a contest in which they are committed to winning at all costs. There seems to be that element throughout the CFS lately. Instead of sharing theology, thoughts and teachings to help build up the faith and grow in knowledge, it seems to always digress into a who is right contest that turns one against the other.

I do not say that to hurt you or defame you and I know that there is a thousand character issues that could be said about me and you are welcome to do just that.

You said..............
"The "Word of God" which can not be read, but only heard directly from God is the only way scripture can be understood. Reading it on your own will be of little use to anyone."

Curtis. Do you understand what you are saying????

Then you said..............
"There is no way anyone can learn about the Word of God by reading scripture, for scripture can only be understood by the Word of God spoken directly to man by God."

Come on brother!!! Dr. John Gill says..........of Romans 10:17 that:
"The Bible in verse 17 intends either the holy Scriptures, which have God for their author, and Christ for the subject of them; and which furnish the men of God, or ministers of the Gospel, with proper materials to preach; and so hearing or preaching is by them............"

And there it is!!

I mean no disrespect to you and I have no desire to argue but you, but IMO just identified the key to a lot of things.

"I made no mistake".

No one said you did!
You just simply misunderstood something said but when called on it, you would not and will not admit it even to this point in time like it is a big deal whether you are right or wrong. In the course of real life it means nothing whatsoever but it seems that it means a lot to you and I have no clue as to why.

It has been my observation that several people now treat this exercise of opinions(conversations) made back and forth between Christians as a contest in which they are committed to winning at all costs. There seems to be that element throughout the CFS lately. Instead of sharing theology, thoughts and teachings to help build up the faith and grow in knowledge, it seems to always digress into a who is right contest that turns one against the other.

I do not say that to hurt you or defame you and I know that there is a thousand character issues that could be said about me and you are welcome to do just that.

I do not believe I misunderstood a thing, even in the context in which it was written.

And there it is!!

"I made no mistake".

No one said you did!

This is NOT about any one in this forum.......talking about a co-worker
Why is it Brother that so many people will take it as an insult if you say they misunderstood you and then when you tell them what you meant - well sir they hold on to what they thought and keep at you about that ?

Example - I worked with a person who got offened way to much and way to easy. When they misunder stood what some one said they took offence to it. Then would come at you for it. You take the time to explain what you meant and show them what they thought is not at all what you are saying............Ok problem soved right ? No sir........they simply would not let go of the offence they felt ( even though it only lived in their thinking ) it did not matter if what they thought was wrong - they still held on to it and would give you what for and remember it a long time..........These folks are the type I would rather avoid then do anything with.

You said..............
"The "Word of God" which can not be read, but only heard directly from God is the only way scripture can be understood. Reading it on your own will be of little use to anyone."

Curtis. Do you understand what you are saying????

Then you said..............
"There is no way anyone can learn about the Word of God by reading scripture, for scripture can only be understood by the Word of God spoken directly to man by God."

Come on brother!!! Dr. John Gill says..........of Romans 10:17 that:
"The Bible in verse 17 intends either the holy Scriptures, which have God for their author, and Christ for the subject of them; and which furnish the men of God, or ministers of the Gospel, with proper materials to preach; and so hearing or preaching is by them............"

Brother, did John 1:1 say ," in the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and God was the Bible"? No!!! The Word of God is not the Bible, because God is the Word of God, not the Bible.
We know that Jesus Christ is "the Word of God" yet Jesus himself said....

Heb 10:7.. Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'" If Jesus was the Word of God in the Bible he would have said, "I am the book" but he said, " I come in the volume of the book it is written of me", or as the NIV Bible puts it "Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll". There is a huge difference between a book that is written about Jesus, and a book that is Jesus!!

It makes no difference what Dr John Gill says, as the Word of God and scriptures both agree on the same thing, plus there is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says scriptures, and the Word of God are the same. The Bible says "search the scriptures......", nowhere does it say, "search the Word of God" Do you know why? Because God is the Word of God, and you can not search God, he is the one who searches us.

This is NOT about any one in this forum.......talking about a co-worker
Why is it Brother that so many people will take it as an insult if you say they misunderstood you and then when you tell them what you meant - well sir they hold on to what they thought and keep at you about that ?

Example - I worked with a person who got offened way to much and way to easy. When they misunder stood what some one said they took offence to it. Then would come at you for it. You take the time to explain what you meant and show them what they thought is not at all what you are saying............Ok problem soved right ? No sir........they simply would not let go of the offence they felt ( even though it only lived in their thinking ) it did not matter if what they thought was wrong - they still held on to it and would give you what for and remember it a long time..........These folks are the type I would rather avoid then do anything with.
Me too. I try to avoid them but they keep popping back up...like those blow-up clowns!

Brother, did John 1:1 say ," in the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and God was the Bible"? No!!! The Word of God is not the Bible, because God is the Word of God, not the Bible.
We know that Jesus Christ is "the Word of God" yet Jesus himself said....

Heb 10:7.. Then I said, 'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God, as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'" If Jesus was the Word of God in the Bible he would have said, "I am the book" but he said, " I come in the volume of the book it is written of me", or as the NIV Bible puts it "Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll". There is a huge difference between a book that is written about Jesus, and a book that is Jesus!!

It makes no difference what Dr John Gill says, as the Word of God and scriptures both agree on the same thing, plus there is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says scriptures, and the Word of God are the same. The Bible says "search the scriptures......", nowhere does it say, "search the Word of God" Do you know why? Because God is the Word of God, and you can not search God, he is the one who searches us.

Brother that is a far stretch of things dont you think?
With this thinking.........God said let there be a hot dog......Pappy Itly wrote down what God said and prepared to package these hot dogs.....

Now that it is written it becomes not Gods word ?
That is what you are saying........Strange..........
Blessings

Please expand that comment by posting one of those interpretations that do not match the Bible's teaching so that you and I can discuss it.

Without a doubt, the "others" in here which are of the Charismatic Pentecostal faith will of course not agree with my comments of Scriptures which touch on their interpretation of those said Scriptures.

It always comes down to one thing. You believe what God said or you add to what He said in order to make it fit your own theology. It has been that way my dear friend for hundreds and hundreds of years if not thousands.

If I have made a false teaching as you just said, then it is incumbent upon YOU to post it so that I can be corrected.
Major, I did not say that you have posted a false teaching, I said that you indeed have "views" on scripture, which is the way you interpret them. My comment was directed at you saying you didn't have any "views" on scripture but instead simply presented the scriptures and let them speak for themselves. This is what I said is false.

Back