Pastor goes from earth to heaven to earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But brother YOU are the only knew saying this...Why?

It seems that I am the only one on THIS site to say that. Why do you think that is the case? Could there be a reason for that?

The Bible says that men have seen the "glory" of God but not the God in all His glory".
That is my point from the very beginning.

I know that many people have claimed to see God in heaven but was that there wanting to see Him or in fact an actual happening. All I am saying is that it is a mind thing and not an actual event. I am confident that they believe what they saw to be real.

Abdicate, all I am doing is believing that Bible tells ME and that is no one has ever seen God in all of His glory. Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ who at different times, clothed in flesh appeared to men at different time( Daniel, Abraham, etc).

You asked me WHY? I can give you my totally honest answer.

In Genesis 32:30, Jacob saw God appearing as a man; he did not truly see God.

Samson’s parents were terrified when they realized they had seen God in Judges 13:22, but they had only seen Him appearing as an angel.

Jesus was God in the flesh John 1:1, 14 so when people saw Him, they were seeing God. So, yes, God can be “seen” and many people have “seen” God.

At the same time, no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. That is not my thinking but what I have read from the Scriptures. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed.

That is what I have been saying and if I am the ONLY one who is saying that and believing that then I have no problem at all with being guilty as charged.

If you or anyone does not agree, simply say "I do not agree".

My dear friends, the Bible teaches us that God in times past veiled Himself and appeared in forms in which we can “see” Him. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness and His glory according to the Bible.

Now then, honestly, what do we do with the words told to us in the Scriptures. Do we reject them to further a certain teaching?

Ex. 33:20..........
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."

John 1:18 ...........

"No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known".

Dr. John Gill said in his commentaries...........
"Many visions, theophanies, appearances, angelic splendours, in the desert, on the mountain, in the temple, by the river of Chebar, had been granted to the prophets of the Lord; but they have all fallen short of the direct intuition of God as God."

1 Tim. 6:16..........
"(God) alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen."

Last edited:
It seems that I am the only one on THIS site to say that. Why do you think that is the case? Could there be a reason for that?

The Bible says that men have seen the "glory" of God but not the God in all His glory".
That is my point from the very beginning.

I know that many people have claimed to see God in heaven but was that there wanting to see Him or in fact an actual happening. All I am saying is that it is a mind thing and not an actual event. I am confident that they believe what they saw to be real.
Abdicate, all I am doing is believing that Bible tells us that no one has ever seen God in all of His glory,
except the Lord Jesus Christ who at different times, clothed in flesh appeared to men at different time( Daniel, Abraham, etc).

You asked me WHY? I can give you my totally honest answer.

In Genesis 32:30, Jacob saw God appearing as a man; he did not truly see God.

Samson’s parents were terrified when they realized they had seen God in Judges 13:22, but they had only seen Him appearing as an angel.

Jesus was God in the flesh John 1:1, 14 so when people saw Him, they were seeing God. So, yes, God can be “seen” and many people have “seen” God. At the same time, no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed.
That is what I have been saying and if I am the ONLY one who is saying that and believing that then I have no problem at all with being guilty as charged.

My dear friends, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can “see” Him. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness and His glory according to the Bible.

Now then, honestly, what do we do with the words told to us in the Scriptures. Do we reject them to further a certain teaching?

Ex. 33:20..........
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."

John 1:18 ...........

"No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known".

Dr. John Gill said in his commentaries...........
"Many visions, theophanies, appearances, angelic splendours, in the desert, on the mountain, in the temple, by the river of Chebar, had been granted to the prophets of the Lord; but they have all fallen short of the direct intuition of God as God."
What's all that verbiage have to do with softly seeing Jesus? Or not in your case? You show via the scriptures we can see God as they've said, then you add full glory and negate their experience - that's just wrong brother.

What's all that verbiage have to do with softly seeing Jesus? Or not in your case? You show via the scriptures we can see God as they've said, then you add full glory and negate their experience - that's just wrong brother.

I am sorry brother, but I disagree with you with all due respect. I have no desire to argue with you.

I showed that according the Scriptures that Jesus appeared in times past in many forms but I did not say it was God the Father in all of His glory. That is not verbiage as you call it but making clear the distinction.

If someone saw the Lord Jesus today, I think that you would agree that they would have to be in heaven because that is where Jesus is.

Luke 22:66-69........
“And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led Him into their council, saying, Are you the Christ? Tell us. And He said unto them, If I tell you, you will not believe: And if I also ask you, you will not answer Me, nor let Me go. Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God”.

The Bible reveals that Christ in Hebrews 1:3......
“sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high”.

why????

Heb. 4:14-15...........
“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin”.

Last edited:
We received a delayed report on thread activities at least one page ago. After review, this thread is being halted (for now) and we are warning at least three participants to take your arguments to Private Messaging as you have been told to do in the past. If this Moderator Advisory is ignored, there will be consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back