Peace and quiet

Some days are better than others...I had to close the library again one lunch time.

Problem is of course some of the children want to argue that they get to stay cos they arent the noisy ones..the others are! But its hard to tell and police when youve got a whole horde of them at once.

And children are quick to point the finger at others. I get others saying she or he did it hoping the other one will get punished. Arrgh how to deal.

Ive now put up my signs that the children made themselves about library rules and manners. I guess just keep reminding them. Its kind of like being a moderator for a forum. Lol.

Some days are better than others...I had to close the library again one lunch time.

Problem is of course some of the children want to argue that they get to stay cos they arent the noisy ones..the others are! But its hard to tell and police when youve got a whole horde of them at once.

And children are quick to point the finger at others. I get others saying she or he did it hoping the other one will get punished. Arrgh how to deal.

Ive now put up my signs that the children made themselves about library rules and manners. I guess just keep reminding them. Its kind of like being a moderator for a forum. Lol.
Lanolin, may I ask you a personal question? (I am assuming your answer is yes).

Do you have kids of your own? One way the Lord provides is to give parents the gift or tuning out the chaos that comes with kids. Several months ago, the wife and I were "empty nesters." Now, we have a full house and that includes a 2 and 5 year old. They are up my 6 and do not stop until 8pm. The house is a mess and it is almost impossible to hear yourself think. As empty nesters the wife and I cleaned the house once a week and you could hear a pin drop. Now, it is insane and I love it. I can now do my bible study, while the kids are playing hide and seek underneath my desk. I suggest you just embrace the insanity, because it is actually a gift.

Now, my alone time comes with an audience.

Lanolin, may I ask you a personal question? (I am assuming your answer is yes).

Do you have kids of your own? One way the Lord provides is to give parents the gift or tuning out the chaos that comes with kids. Several months ago, the wife and I were "empty nesters." Now, we have a full house and that includes a 2 and 5 year old. They are up my 6 and do not stop until 8pm. The house is a mess and it is almost impossible to hear yourself think. As empty nesters the wife and I cleaned the house once a week and you could hear a pin drop. Now, it is insane and I love it. I can now do my bible study, while the kids are playing hide and seek underneath my desk. I suggest you just embrace the insanity, because it is actually a gift.

Now, my alone time comes with an audience.

View attachment 4187View attachment 4188

And here is the positive side. It took me 3,307 steps (i.5 miles) to do the back yard and burned 196 calories. The wife took the grand-kids shopping and the daughter-in-law went to get her nails done. So, its just me and the dog. It's already 90 with a "feels like" temp of 100. Will do the front yard later on this evening, so I have time to do a little bible study. And that is what the Lord provided me this fine Saturday morning. Amen.

rtm3039

My children are all at school and theres 400 of them. I am the librarian. God says they are my children to look after.
At home i have a cat and a chicken to look after and its quiet. I told you my dad is the noisy one and its like my parents are like my children but they have gone away for now. Hooray the house is quiet. I go to other peoples houses for bible study as my parents arent believers. If I do do at home I just go to my room. Ive never had people over for bible study but I suppose I could do so now as they are away 3 weeks.

Its the children, some of them who say others are noisy and they are trying to read. i can do it anywhere, but I need to habe some rules because, I have a quiet voice and I cant hear sometimes if its noisy. And the children cant hear me. Why i ever took a job which involved lawnmowing I dont know but it probably damaged my hearing. I now dont touch a lawnmower or weedeater At all.

The thing is I can listen to God better if its quiet. And also, people can listen to me, I find that, people cant even hear what im saying I would have said something and they cant hear me, I know I said it, but they claim they didnt hear it. I would write to them but sometimes they said I never said it well I had to actually write it down for them to read cos they wouldnt even hear me.

Thats why its so important to read and write. Why because shouting at people doesnt work.

I once flatted with a lady who had two children, one boy was noisy all the time and she had a girl who was deaf or hearing impaired. I sometimes go and see my deaf neighbour or write to them. I dont know sign langauge just learned the letters but with deaf people you need to be clear so they can lip read. You cant shout at them.

There are different ways to communicate. My cat will meow and wont let up till she has what she wants. The chicken has her own sounds too. But thats because they cant read or write. Lol.

I once flatted with a lady who had two children, one boy was noisy all the time and she had a girl who was deaf or hearing impaired. I sometimes go and see my deaf neighbour or write to them. I dont know sign langauge just learned the letters but with deaf people you need to be clear so they can lip read. You cant shout at them.

There are different ways to communicate. My cat will meow and wont let up till she has what she wants. The chicken has her own sounds too. But thats because they cant read or write. Lol.
Lanolin,

You are the first person I have known that has a chicken as a pet. We have chickens, but keep then in the refrigerator. :)

I think I would like children of my own but..It would have to be a miracle now if I ever had any. I dont know God kind of kept me from that. When I was in my twenties I went out with someone who indicated he would have liked to have children, possibly with me lol but..that didnt happen. For other reasons. He ended up with someone else, I have no idea where he is now. Its interesting that, a lot of women dont really get a say about the whole childbearing business. My mum never likes to talk about why she had me lol. She had four. She was supoosed to just have three but my brothers were twins. She didnt know till the last moment she was to have twins.

I think With twin its possibly better to have two at once. You are never alone if you are a twin! You cant ever say you are single. Theres always two of you. But nobody ever goes and says well Im just going to have twins now. Its up to God. Even with all the fertility drugs people take these days you cant guarantee having twins.

When I met a workmate who said he was a test tube baby with four mothers it kind of blew my mind. I was like..so which one do you call mum? He said oh I just call them by their first names. He didnt have a dad...?! Yea things are different now with reproduction. People can change gender and everything now.

In primary school at least they dont have to deal with puberty issues so much that they do on intermediate and high school, ive heard that they now have 'rainbow' groups for people confused about that. I think its just people are messing with Gods order but the children of these parents dont ask to be born into that.

Lanolin,

You are the first person I have known that has a chicken as a pet. We have chickens, but keep then in the refrigerator. :)
She sometimes gives us eggs but is off the lay at the moment. My cat just catches mice but we dont eat the mice.

I do have times I tune out its a regualr thing but, the thing is to have children tune in to God and to show them they can actually hear his still small voice.

If they are quiet. And this doesnt have to be in a bible study or church setting it can be in a library. Ive worked in librairies for many years since i graduated. I think God called me to them cos He knew my voice was not going to be heard anywhere else, and I could hear Him better in a quiet place. Well to my shock it seems people, many who arent librarians want tvs and noisy things in libraries now. And when i went to library school people were saying oh libraries arent about books and reading anymore...we got to make them places for people to hang out and chat and talk. Im like what?!

So theres no quiet place people can go anymore?

I do have times I tune out its a regualr thing but, the thing is to have children tune in to God and to show them they can actually hear his still small voice.

If they are quiet. And this doesnt have to be in a bible study or church setting it can be in a library. Ive worked in librairies for many years since i graduated. I think God called me to them cos He knew my voice was not going to be heard anywhere else, and I could hear Him better in a quiet place. Well to my shock it seems people, many who arent librarians want tvs and noisy things in libraries now. And when i went to library school people were saying oh libraries arent about books and reading anymore...we got to make them places for people to hang out and chat and talk. Im like what?!

So theres no quiet place people can go anymore?
I pray twice a day (well, sometimes more, but morning and evening are primary). In the morning, it is fairly fast, as this is that I do first thing and then struggle to get coffee, shower, get dressed, and run out the door. I need to be out by 5:45am, of the local traffic wins. In the evening, I do it again, but this one is longer. I go outside to the backyard and sit my outdoor table. From there, I can see the whole sky, overlook the pool, and can see through the glass doors into the kitchen and dining room. Usually, if there are people in the house, I sen see then and can hear them talking, but very lightly. This is my "quiet time, which does still include some noise.

Right now, everyone is out of the house. It is just me and the dog, It is thundering outside, but too quiet. I have the TV on as background noise. :)

Gosh sounds like a typical rat race lifestyle. When everyone is out of the house I can put worship music on, I dont have tv on as background noise and never understood why people would want to have that. Dont they want to hear the birds singing?

That is, if they have trees that the birds can go to in the first place and havent cut them all down.
I would love to have a pool or pond though as water feature. My neighbour both used to have swimming pools but they are lots to maintain. Its better to just have clean water and go into a park or reserve and swim in the creek, if its not polluted.

I think people need to look after creation and the land its crying out for tlc. Instead the first thing people do is bulldoze it and put roads and buildings in. And some of those nw buildings they put up, arent even going to last, they are just there to make money. Half of them arent even leased out to tenants just sit there empty, occupying land. What people do is sit on it and sell it again.

Gosh sounds like a typical rat race lifestyle. When everyone is out of the house I can put worship music on, I dont have tv on as background noise and never understood why people would want to have that. Dont they want to hear the birds singing?

That is, if they have trees that the birds can go to in the first place and havent cut them all down.
I would love to have a pool or pond though as water feature. My neighbour both used to have swimming pools but they are lots to maintain. Its better to just have clean water and go into a park or reserve and swim in the creek, if its not polluted.

I think people need to look after creation and the land its crying out for tlc. Instead the first thing people do is bulldoze it and put roads and buildings in. And some of those nw buildings they put up, arent even going to last, they are just there to make money. Half of them arent even leased out to tenants just sit there empty, occupying land. What people do is sit on it and sell it again.

Well, here is what I have on my roof right now. You can hear these guys a block away.

Hi Lanolin.
I cannot sleep without brown noise. The quiet will keep me awake. Actually, I turn on a fan and my brown noise.

I do enjoy my alone quiet time and i will get cranky if I don't have it, but i am an Expressive person so i very much enjoy other people. However high pitch noises make me crazy. I must be part dog....lol

Hi Lanolin.
I cannot sleep without brown noise. The quiet will keep me awake. Actually, I turn on a fan and my brown noise.

I do enjoy my alone quiet time and i will get cranky if I don't have it, but i am an Expressive person so i very much enjoy other people. However high pitch noises make me crazy. I must be part dog....lol
I have always considered silence to be very loud. On occasions, especially if the TV in our bedroom turns off (either by timer or service interruption during bad weather), it actually wakes me up.

When in college, I always kept the TV on while studying. For some reason, this background noise keeps my mind from wondering off; I don't need to go off into an imaginary world, as that part of my brain can focus on the background noise. I can tune it out, but I still need it in the background.

rtm3039

I have always considered silence to be very loud. On occasions, especially if the TV in our bedroom turns off (either by timer or service interruption during bad weather), it actually wakes me up.

When in college, I always kept the TV on while studying. For some reason, this background noise keeps my mind from wondering off; I don't need to go off into an imaginary world, as that part of my brain can focus on the background noise. I can tune it out, but I still need it in the background.

rtm3039
A few weeks ago the internet went out in the night and my brown noise stopped. I immediately sat up and so did my dog. We looked at each other. Then it turned back on and we both went back to sleep immediately. It was creepy weird. Like we were robots...lol

My dogs cant sleep without it either.

A few weeks ago the internet went out in the night and my brown noise stopped. I immediately sat up and so did my dog. We looked at each other. Then it turned back on and we both went back to sleep immediately. It was creepy weird. Like we were robots...lol

My dogs cant sleep without it either.
What is brown noise...never heard of it.
Also, is there something wrong with using ones imagination. How can you be creative without it.?

Maybe its an introvert thing. Extroverts need noise and feed off other peoples energy and cant understand why introverts need quiet because noise drains them.

Theres a book on it called 'the Power of Quiet' and its a real phenomen, except extroverts cant understand it I guess.

What is brown noise...never heard of it.
Also, is there something wrong with using ones imagination. How can you be creative without it.?

Maybe its an introvert thing. Extroverts need noise and feed off other peoples energy and cant understand why introverts need quiet because noise drains them.

Theres a book on it called 'the Power of Quiet' and its a real phenomen, except extroverts cant understand it I guess.
Here you go. Everything you need to know about color noise. (black, pink, brown, white).

Here you go. Everything you need to know about color noise. (black, pink, brown, white).
There are so many colors of noise, it's just weird to me. Brown is my favorite as it has an underlying tone of water. I literally cannot sleep with out it and neither can my dogs. They both know when its bed time and when the noise comes on. It's weird how our minds work. The stress from the day always plays back in mind in the evening when I go to bed. This seems to help me relax and not focus on work.

Back