Peace and quiet

No its not like that its just when they being annoying. Surely annoying behaviour can actually be removed. Cos they are quite capable some days (or maybe a couple of hours) of actually not being annoying! Dont try and tell me its fun to be annoyed and driven mad and expect that to be normal behaviour and that you actually want to be around it when it affects you badly.
Also, I dont really wish my brother was around, he doesnt live with us, and he's not dead. Hes quite happy to live on his own.

Paul always wrote in his letters grace and peace be with you. Every letter he wrote this. Why, because he valued grace and peace. He didnt mean he wanted to be left alone. He wanted to live PEACEFULLY with his christian family.
Nobody wants to live in strife!

I do not know how to respond to you comment except to say, may the Lord bless you my sister.

Shalom Major. May the Lord of peace, give you His perfect peace.

Im reading about Helen Keller. She was deaf blind from 19 months old such an interesting life. Imagine not being able to see or hear. Before annie sullivan got through to her, she was a wild uncontrollable child simply cos she couldnt communicate. I imagine this must be how some autistic people are. Her parents didnt banish her, but she grew to depend on ms Sullivan who taught her words for everything by tracing them on her hands. Helen went on to graduate from college.

Interesting. It is hard though, to teach anyone older than yourself, though Jesus tried and didnt get far with many of the pHarisees who were set in their ways and wouldnt listen to him.

Sometimes the search for 'Peace and Quiet' can start with relaxing music - just to clear the mind and to do nothing but relax and enjoy... This is just one of many:

I have been looking everywhere for christian harp music, but none of the christian bookshops sell it. They only sell Christian hard rock which has screaming guitars and drums.

Its not easy being still and knowing God. The moment you are, a worship leader will try and hype you up and say lets shout to the Lord! And then the clapping and jumping up and down begins.

I am considering joining the Quakers.

Lanolin - If you do a Google or Yahoo search for "Christian Harp Music", several YouTube full length albums come up and are free to listen to.

This is just one of many and you may like the flower presentation as well - Blessings...

Well the quakers do make a change from your regular crowd of christians. Its nice to sit in silence.
But Im not sure about their practices or lack of them. For example, they dont celebrate the Lords supper, its just regular shared meals like a potluck and when they need extra prayers for someone else they dont even speak but they just sit with them and 'hold the person in the light'

I suppose you dont really need to say anything when praying for someone...
But im kinda wondering if quakers are really just a group of older people who hang out together cos they dont like noise and who are going a bit deaf. There were some children at the meeting but they go to a separate group and do stuff like plant sweet peas.

Well the quakers do make a change from your regular crowd of christians. Its nice to sit in silence.
But Im not sure about their practices or lack of them. For example, they dont celebrate the Lords supper, its just regular shared meals like a potluck and when they need extra prayers for someone else they dont even speak but they just sit with them and 'hold the person in the light'

I suppose you dont really need to say anything when praying for someone...
But im kinda wondering if quakers are really just a group of older people who hang out together cos they dont like noise and who are going a bit deaf. There were some children at the meeting but they go to a separate group and do stuff like plant sweet peas.

Personally, I find silence to be uncomfortably loud. Right now, the wife and her BFF are in the kitchen talking, having a glass of wine, and cooking. One of the kids is kicking a ball around the house, two TV sets are on, and the dog is barking at something. I am listening to the music Pastor Gary suggested, typing a response to your last comments, and reading James chapter 4. This, to me, is not stressful, but signs of people, and a dog, enjoying the gift of being here one sunny afternoon more.

The other night, as I was sleeping, something happened, and the TV went off. The silence woke me up.

rtm3039

Personally I believe there is no such thing as silence. Even if I could no longer physically hear something, it will still have its own vibration, energy, and feel. Everything in the world would still have something to say even if it wasn't through my ears.

Personally I believe there is no such thing as silence. Even if I could no longer physically hear something, it will still have its own vibration, energy, and feel. Everything in the world would still have something to say even if it wasn't through my ears.
It's now 10:40pm. Everyone, aside from me, is asleep. All TVs are off, but in the "silence" I can still hear the rotation of the ceiling fans, the dish washer doing it's thing, and what I believe is a motor from my neighbor's AC unit. There really is no such thing as silence.

Good night,

rtm3039

I'm able to hear from God better when theres no noise. I think theres a level that I can tolerate but I need to find it with a free sound meter app or something.

I tried to download one yesterday on my phone so I can use it to gauge when things get too noisy.

I made the mistake of venturing into a shopping mall during school holidays. Lol. But I did need to do some shopping.
The shopping malls are so noisy and constantly play clubby music when all you want to do is just buy some socks. And horrors christmas decorations are out already. My worst nightmare is to be trapped in a huge shopping mall with no exits a week before christmas day with holiday music on non stop.

Whoever invented the jingle bell rock santa that plays jingle bell rock everytime someone passes it must be called into account.

I bumped into a lady from church and she said what are you doing looking like you are lost. I said trying to find the exit as Ive bought what I needed and I dont want to spend any more money.

I think of those commercials where people wake up after getting a good night's sleep. They're stretching their arms and smiling. Poo Poo to that.

Every morning when I wake up I have negative thoughts. So as I go into my good morning prayers to the Lord I lay these negative thoughts at His feet. Nobody has done any harm to my family, or thrown stones at our home, it seems much of these thoughts I bring upon myself. For example;

I may have unforgiveness toward someone, or am lazy to study, or upset at a post I read at Christian Forum Site (lol!) or a discussion I had with my wife.
In my prayers the Lord pressed on my heart to ask myself why I have these negative thoughts and found this has helped me to let go, and seek the peace and quiet going forward with Him before I start my day.

This does not eliminate those who curse me because I'm a Christian, or when ministering to someone in the church will come back to blame me (after helping them,) or disappointing someone when I cannot do a visitation to them. This comes with the ministry that I do.

I still get negative thoughts in the morning but confessing this to the Lord and guiding me through has made me stronger in my faith, that God knows me exactly the way I am and helps me, with the hope that I'll overcome this principality of darkness.

Peace and quiet can be a blessing. It helps us to think, rest and make decisions for the good of others and ourselves, all for His glory.

God bless you and your families.

Aw sorry if I posted anything upsetting on this site Im real careful about what I post Bob.

It might be a good idea to have your quiet time BEFORE you hit the pillow and then God will give you rest and you will wake up refreshed.

I generally have my quiet time with God in the morning before I get out of bed and usually go to this forum to focus on Him. So I find it really helpful these christian forums.

If somethings really bothering me I will pray about it before I hit the pillow, seek an answer, and if still bothering me and not getting any peace I will ask others to pray, or write it down in prayer journal. Or in this prayer forum. The act of writing things down can just get it out and you can send it to God that way.

You can always phone a good friend or talk to your wife about stuff and pray over it together but if its too personal to do that then writing it down is good. Nobody else has to see it its between you and God. But this is why we confess otherwise you are just keeping stuff bottled up inside and its no good. Cos He cant help you if you dont tell Him.

Back