Philosophical Arguments For Gods Existance

I find that most people who ask these kinds of questions do so only to prove He doesn't exist. Not that you're trying to do that. He can be seen EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING but people choose to dismiss Him. God gave proof in His word through prophecy, but it's all chalked up to coincidence or some other lame excuse...

Psalms 14:1 (KJV)
To the chief Musician, [A Psalm] of David. The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, [there is] none that doeth good.

I constantly hear that it is impossible for a mind to exist outside of nature. That depends on what kind of mind you mean and how minds are created. Also we have to consider what a mind is. Basically a mind in natural terms is just a bunch of atoms arranged in a certain order. Those atoms are arranged into and so on. Now if multiverses exist we could just argue that gods mind is similar to this but just made out of different materials.

Cells also have minds in a way... just something to consider

I constantly hear that it is impossible for a mind to exist outside of nature. That depends on what kind of mind you mean and how minds are created. Also we have to consider what a mind is. Basically a mind in natural terms is just a bunch of atoms arranged in a certain order. Those atoms are arranged into and so on. Now if multiverses exist we could just argue that gods mind is similar to this but just made out of different materials.

Cells also have minds in a way... just something to consider

How can the mind itself be made up of material?

I dont believe God will ever allow humans to understand or retrieve enough evidence to PROVE he exists because that would defeat the purpose of faith. Plus, if his existence was proven then it would be only logical to believe in him, requiring only our minds to make the decision to follow Christ, instead of our hearts. God cares more about our hearts. He would rather us have child-like faith than rock-solid evidence.

I dont believe God will ever allow humans to understand or retrieve enough evidence to PROVE he exists because that would defeat the purpose of faith. Plus, if his existence was proven then it would be only logical to believe in him, requiring only our minds to make the decision to follow Christ, instead of our hearts. God cares more about our hearts. He would rather us have child-like faith than rock-solid evidence.

That's an interesting perspective.
While we may never prove God's existence, we can use evidences for His existence, and many of us do. I think an intellectual understanding of God and why He exists is one of the best things a Christian can have, because our emotions change. Our intellect of God can act as an incredible foundation.

We are indeed to have a child-like faith, but not a childish faith. Our faith matures into believing what is rational. For instance, I have faith my wife would take care of me if I was sick because I have reason to believe it.

That's an interesting perspective.
While we may never prove God's existence, we can use evidences for His existence, and many of us do. I think an intellectual understanding of God and why He exists is one of the best things a Christian can have, because our emotions change. Our intellect of God can act as an incredible foundation.

We are indeed to have a child-like faith, but not a childish faith. Our faith matures into believing what is rational. For instance, I have faith my wife would take care of me if I was sick because I have reason to believe it.

Excellent post. Personally I do not think philosophy proves god but may help to understand his character. Faith is required but the greek word also means loyalty. Fine tuning can be that . There are a few possible reasons for this chance, necessity, or design. The universe doesn't need to be formed in any particular way. Thus the only optionsoptions are chance and design. I put my faith in design.

Excellent post. Personally I do not think philosophy proves god but may help to understand his character. Faith is required but the greek word also means loyalty. Fine tuning can be that . There are a few possible reasons for this chance, necessity, or design. The universe doesn't need to be formed in any particular way. Thus the only optionsoptions are chance and design. I put my faith in design.

I think the argument from design is a solid one.

The main issue I have with philosophy is that so much of it revolves around convolution of words into things they do not mean so you can confuse people into thinking you know something..... I mean, it's the perfect thing to wrangle around with after you settle all of the Political discussions among friends....

Once upon a philosophy class long ago... The professor was feeling particularly mischievous... We had a really fun exercise... We very carefully defined each term used by a each opposing philosopher in a specific argument... and at the end - all the beautiful high sounding philosophy turned into a series of gigantic circular arguments....

And.. The argument shook out along these lines....
#1: A Cat is a Horse because a Horse is not a Dog...
#2: You are wrong: A Cow is not a Penguin because the Sun is bright...
#1: On the contrary: Horses are clearly not automobiles
#2: That's preposterous: Penguins are birds.
and so on and so forth ad-infinitum...
Thus... It is settled.

That was an eye opener for me...

I decided to ignore philosophers from then on...

Science cannot disprove the existence of GOD. God has already been proven. The Bible has proven this. past present and future the Bible has predicted every thing that has happened so far.

I think the reason atheists and agnostics cannot find is because they are looking in the wrong place. Burglars have the same issue with finding a cop... I don't think they honestly want to find a cop OR God.

Back