POLITICS HAS REPLACED THE CHURCH!

in all truth F61, I am now praying I become hungry again. I really love it when pastor preach and inspire. And the tea and biscuits.
Now I would attend the teas and biscuits, But not the sermons. because I yawn too much.

So I lost my palate lately. I left my church. I don't have one now only this virtual one here.

Seriously, I was actually falling asleep in the pews.
this forum will NOT sustain you. you need real church granted i have no idea what you came out of. so it would be unfair to make a call .i would how ever be interested in discussing your lack of by private message . not in a public forum

My greatest concern is for us all as individuals. Churches are closing here because they have very few members. There is a massive shortage of pastors. We haven't got one. But the greatest responsibility is on each one of us. We must continue to be faithful to God ourselves with prayer, study, witnessing and fighting that good fight. Good Christian fellowship is precious.

We are fortunate to have CFS.
It is like "Onward Christian Soldiers"
Blessings

My greatest concern is for us all as individuals. Churches are closing here because they have very few members. There is a massive shortage of pastors. We haven't got one. But the greatest responsibility is on each one of us. We must continue to be faithful to God ourselves with prayer, study, witnessing and fighting that good fight. Good Christian fellowship is precious.

We are fortunate to have CFS.
It is like "Onward Christian Soldiers"
Blessings
I like what you posted Cosia. So true.

The Green Movement is closer to a religion than politics complete with it's own god called 'Mother Nature' and it's various recycling rituals. They see mother earth as being under attack and are willing to practice population control and/or sacrifice human lives (think babies) to save the environment.
Very true. Very sad but very true.

At my granddaughters school. They are teaching her about recycling.

I mean, come on, why cant kids just be kids? She's only 5, and by the time she's 6 she will probably be on the way to worrying more about the fact that she accidentally forgets to put a water bottle in the correct bin than her actual studies..

I get it though, the green movement has some good things about it. I just don't agree with an agenda, because nothing good ever comes out of politics anymore in a godless society.
because they want to infiltrate the KIDS mind.... just like this transgender thing. a women i know once said on Facebook her 12 year old said she was a lesbian. at 12 all you know about sex is it sounds exciting and cool. somebody had to tell her. the end times is here and the spirit of anti Christ is at work. aka the green movement.

Very interesting thread.

Perhaps the thing I've been wrestling the most with lately, is how much society has changed in the last decade, and how politics is in everything now. I'll be 39 in November (God willing), have an 18 month old son, and the society I live in now isn't anything like what I grew up in during the 1990s and 2000s. I agree with the premise that politics has replaced the church in recent years in United States 'culture.'

There was a time when I would try to argue things, like we see so much of on the web these days. I do that much less now. It seldom bears good fruit. Sometimes I go back and look at my posts and think, that wasn't kind or helpful. I can fall into the same habits as what I don't want to see from others.

While theologically conservative, I must concede that there have been bad trends in political conservatism as well. I'm not here to get into unfruitful quarrels over things the worldly fight over, such as "both sidesism" or "false equivalence." It matters not if the political parties are equivalent or not. As believers, first and foremost, what we should be concerned about is godliness.

Too often, I see conservatives returning evil for evil. I've seen some Christian conservatives on the Internet try to justify using terrible language. We can critique Joe Biden without speaking certain words that aren't becoming for Christians to use.

And have any of you been to the subReddit, Conservative? I read a thread there not long ago where people were upvoting comments along the lines of, "We need conservatism, not religion. If we got rid of religion in the United States, and just focused on promoting conservatism, we could end the wokeness!"

Things like this make me very careful to qualify, I'm theologically conservative. But I don't necessarily like much of what I see from political conservatism, like that!

20 years ago, on Internet sites like Epinions.com, people used to be able to discuss politics without as much as the foulness and bad faith-ness we see today. I remember, because I was on those kinds of sites, and remember the political content people had on their profiles. Bush wasn't popular with the leftists, but they would talk to me about the issues without assuming I was a monster. Likewise, I could talk to Democrats and not think they were monsters. Now I hardly post anywhere, because of the "toxic" nature of most sites. This one, thankfully, looks better!

I don't know what things will look like in another 20 years. But God willing, if we're all still around, I hope my son will be very cautious as to what he gets into, as he will be in his young adult years then, the same age in the 2040s as I was in the 2000s. His era will be more challenging in many ways than mine was.

Very interesting thread.

Perhaps the thing I've been wrestling the most with lately, is how much society has changed in the last decade, and how politics is in everything now. I'll be 39 in November (God willing), have an 18 month old son, and the society I live in now isn't anything like what I grew up in during the 1990s and 2000s. I agree with the premise that politics has replaced the church in recent years in United States 'culture.'

There was a time when I would try to argue things, like we see so much of on the web these days. I do that much less now. It seldom bears good fruit. Sometimes I go back and look at my posts and think, that wasn't kind or helpful. I can fall into the same habits as what I don't want to see from others.

While theologically conservative, I must concede that there have been bad trends in political conservatism as well. I'm not here to get into unfruitful quarrels over things the worldly fight over, such as "both sidesism" or "false equivalence." It matters not if the political parties are equivalent or not. As believers, first and foremost, what we should be concerned about is godliness.

Too often, I see conservatives returning evil for evil. I've seen some Christian conservatives on the Internet try to justify using terrible language. We can critique Joe Biden without speaking certain words that aren't becoming for Christians to use.

And have any of you been to the subReddit, Conservative? I read a thread there not long ago where people were upvoting comments along the lines of, "We need conservatism, not religion. If we got rid of religion in the United States, and just focused on promoting conservatism, we could end the wokeness!"

Things like this make me very careful to qualify, I'm theologically conservative. But I don't necessarily like much of what I see from political conservatism, like that!

20 years ago, on Internet sites like Epinions.com, people used to be able to discuss politics without as much as the foulness and bad faith-ness we see today. I remember, because I was on those kinds of sites, and remember the political content people had on their profiles. Bush wasn't popular with the leftists, but they would talk to me about the issues without assuming I was a monster. Likewise, I could talk to Democrats and not think they were monsters. Now I hardly post anywhere, because of the "toxic" nature of most sites. This one, thankfully, looks better!

I don't know what things will look like in another 20 years. But God willing, if we're all still around, I hope my son will be very cautious as to what he gets into, as he will be in his young adult years then, the same age in the 2040s as I was in the 2000s. His era will be more challenging in many ways than mine was.
Theological conservatism and political conservatism; under normal circumstances, the latter is dependent on the former but we aren't living under 'normal circumstances'.
BTW, welcome to CFS :)

Last edited:
Theological conservatism and political conservatism; under normal circumstances the latter is dependent on the former but we aren't living under 'normal circumstances'.
BTW, welcome to CFS :)

Hey crossnote;

Well said.

A long time ago there was a time when a certain church would charge it's congregants cash in exchange for the full remission of all sins. This practice was called indulgences that led Martin Luther to act against this political practice.

I define a practicing conservative Christian who is also prudent for Christ and knowing where the man or woman of God stands and walks daily.

God bless you, brother.

Very interesting thread.

My son emigrated to France to escape the violent, caustic, poisonous American culture. By becoming a French EU citizen, he has regained his freedom of speech and peace of mind in a much more civilized society.

My son emigrated to France to escape the violent, caustic, poisonous American culture. By becoming a French EU citizen, he has regained his freedom of speech and peace of mind in a much more civilized society.
I've been wondering about how France is doing now with the protests -- that isn't typical for them, is it? I think it's their first big one since 2005? Also, how do they handle people of faith? I was always under the impression that Western Europe was quite secular, with France among the least religious of all.

I've been wondering about how France is doing now with the protests -- that isn't typical for them, is it? I think it's their first big one since 2005? Also, how do they handle people of faith? I was always under the impression that Western Europe was quite secular, with France among the least religious of all.
If you look at French history since the fall of Napoleon, you'll find that popular unrest against the federal government is not uncommon, but it's taken in stride by the regular people because it doesn't directly affect them. They go to work and take vacations as normal; they just don't go to the unrest areas of town. It seems that political unrest is a hobby for French university students and labor union members. People outside the government don't give them much attention. The media, which is the enemy of peace everywhere, pay more attention than anyone else.

There are Christian bodies in the secular French society. Christians do just fine in France.

i qualify as saved forgiven my votes are of the conservatives nature ( not pro republican ) with freedom there comes problems ..but even though America is not what it use to be. its still the greatest nation to live . yes politics is in everything and in the Church.

Back