Pray for Ferguson

Ferguson is proof again that you cannot have a rational discussion with irrational people.
A thug tries to rough up a cop and gets shot dead. The cop could have handled it better, but he panicked and
shot the kid repeatedly, and hindsight is always 20-20.

I get rather tired of the natives completely rediculous response to this.
Nothing justifies rioting and looting.

I heard the kid put his hands up in an act to surrender, if his hands were up..he shouldn't have been shot so many times..and if youre trying to incapacitate some one..and *not* kill them, shouldn't you shoot at their knees/legs so they'll fall to the ground ..instead of the head?

but the riots have been going wild, just like Kasey Anthony, he has a second try at life. I hope officer wilson gets it together..I just don't know how any human can sleep at night ...knowing they took life.

It would eat me alive.
especially a young life.

From the start, it was a no win situation. I remember early on (the next day) that information was released that Brown had stolen in an aggressive manner at convenience store and this was literally bellowed down by those who wanted Brown to appear innocent of everything. Today, on CNN, I heard a preacher saying that Brown's death was comparable to that of Christ. Any people who supported Wilson received death threats. Geee, I wonder why it took so long for this info to surface. The chant in Ferguson was "burn it down for Michael Brown". There was/is no way for anyone to win this twisted plot.

Wow, comparable to Christ?, although I think he shouldn't have died.... he certainly wasn't an angel.
He has a long rap list .....

Main difference: Christ died an innocent man
and Micheal..although guilty , died untinely (imo)

Another thing that gets me is its being blown out of proportion, the president and many other notable people graced his funeral w/ their presence
yet many in third world countries die from hunger/starvation....Girls in africa being kidnapped and killed...
and not too long ago there was a young girl whose parents let her wander around their trailer complex that was raped,killed and buried in a muddy grave...where were they for them?

Its too much madness, I swear -_-

There was a 12 yr. old black boy shot a few days ago by police. He was waving a pellet air gun that looked like a real gun. My older brother almost lost his eye from a bb gun shot by a neighbor. (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/video-shows-cleveland-cop-shoot-12-year-old-tamir-rice-n256656 ) No one is screaming about that. I truly think that some individual cops, here and there, get carried away with the power of their position and need no excuse to go over board. Everyone in the criminal justice system knows this has gone on in the past and has looked the other way. There are no angels here. It is time to look at the problem and resolve it. The majority of police and firemen and EMT's - all most of them want to do is to help people and rescue them. Of any color. We live in a time when radical jihadists makes calls on the internet to target these and anyone in a uniform. There has to be a better way. It starts with each individual understanding - not defending.

There was a 12 yr. old black boy shot a few days ago by police. He was waving a pellet air gun that looked like a real gun. My older brother almost lost his eye from a bb gun shot by a neighbor. (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/video-shows-cleveland-cop-shoot-12-year-old-tamir-rice-n256656 ) No one is screaming about that. I truly think that some individual cops, here and there, get carried away with the power of their position and need no excuse to go over board. Everyone in the criminal justice system knows this has gone on in the past and has looked the other way. There are no angels here. It is time to look at the problem and resolve it. The majority of police and firemen and EMT's - all most of them want to do is to help people and rescue them. Of any color. We live in a time when radical jihadists makes calls on the internet to target these and anyone in a uniform. There has to be a better way. It starts with each individual understanding - not defending.
And are you saying the police in this situation were wrong?

And are you saying the police in this situation were wrong?

There are bunches of things wrong. But no - off hand - I don't care to blame anyone. I want a better way to handle all of it. And I bring the various stories up to say that something is seriously wrong. And prayer is the only thing I can see to help.

What do you "repents for what?" for one we sin EVERYDAY ....
I was referring to something specific. It was not a general statement.

but mainly because he took someone's life : / He could have shot him in the legs to stop him.

How do you know that? Have you ever shot a pistol? If you did was it under stress? I can tell you that in the situation the officer was in there was no time to take aim for a knee cap.

I heard the kid put his hands up in an act to surrender, if his hands were up..he shouldn't have been shot so many times..and if youre trying to incapacitate some one..and *not* kill them, shouldn't you shoot at their knees/legs so they'll fall to the ground ..instead of the head?

but the riots have been going wild, just like Kasey Anthony, he has a second try at life. I hope officer wilson gets it together..I just don't know how any human can sleep at night ...knowing they took life.

It would eat me alive.
especially a young life.

I understand your feelings, but the reality was that Brown was a thug.
See post #14.

Ugh...my two cents:

Is police brutality a problem? Yes
Is racism a problem? Yes
Is looting a problem? Yes
Is rioting a problem? Yes
Is robbery /theft a problem? Yes
Is assault a problem? Yes

Which sin deserves death?

There are much worse and blatantly obvious cases of racial profiling and police brutality; but the media chose this one to hype because of how murky the details were. You create chaos with confusion. When people who are caught in the obvious wrong; and then action is taken by law abiding citizens; it gets swept under the rug.

This is the game of the lost world system. "lawlessness" (because it is anti-Christ)

I don't know which side of Ferguson is right or wrong; I do know that this country is in for a big hurt in the not too distant future.

How about this case: Eric Garner

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ource=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw#
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/01/justice/new-york-choke-hold-death/
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/03/justice/new-york-choke-hold-death-cameraman/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhpFT-lVZY (WARNING: disturbing content)

Lol! Under investigation??? This has NEVER stopped the police from issuing tentative statements to the press regarding the Alleged Crime(s). As a matter of fact, this is the first thing that is established to the press. So sorry, I disagree with your conclusion regarding their handling of dissemination of information, which is standard police practice. Again, it's not that hard, tell the people what the ALLEGED crimes were! But what did they decide to do? Remain silent, causing the public to lose their trust. If any was there in the first place.

God bless!
The police don't have to give up any info. The media started all the info wars and placing blame here and there. The public think they have a right to everything and that isn't the case. Nancy Grace is probably the worst reporter for placing blame before the person has a fair trial

What do you "repents for what?" for one we sin EVERYDAY ....
but mainly because he took someone's life : / He could have shot him in the legs to stop him.
Cops aren't taught to shoot in the leg. You pull your gun you shoot to make sure that person doesn't get up and shoot you or anyone else. The kid was going for his gun so this tells me he gave the kid plenty of time to stop what he was doing. I think the cop showed restraint since he didn't shoot him when he started charging. One thing you people don't understand is if a cop is stopping someone when they suspect the person was involved in a felony it is automatic gun drawn. You people are talking so naive when it comes to this. If you haven't been in a cops shoes then don't be passing blame

I was referring to something specific. It was not a general statement.

He still killed someone.... just because he was "thug" doesn't mean his life had any less value..he was only 18....
That's one of the many things I love about God...He is not partial in any way, shape or form....
and if the officer doesn't show some sort of remorse... (I mean an apology to the Brown family would mean something..sheesh )
then, God who is fair and just to judge the world... will judge him....

How do you know that? Have you ever shot a pistol? If you did was it under stress? I can tell you that in the situation the officer was in there was no time to take aim for a knee cap.

No I have not..but Im sure if he shot him in both knee caps or even one... it might have slowed him to a limp or brought him to his knees ..probably giving him enough time to retreat.

Maybe this isn't the right arena but I'm going to post a song published in 1967. The lyrics start out..."There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear. There's a man with a gun over there" And midway, another lyric, "Battlelines being drawn - Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong". It's all about stopping and listening to clarify what exactly is wrong.

There's a researcher I like named Stefan Molyneux. He has a website where he cites all of his research, but he also reports his research in 20-40 minute videos. He gives as much detail about subjects as he can. He is one of the best sources of news I can get, even though he often gives his personal commentary on top of the facts.

<----Most recent on Michael Brown/Ferguson subject.

Just a heads up/a little bit of language is used when quoting.

I have just finished watching Lysander's 1st video and while I began thinking I knew just about everything on it - I was surprised and impressed by this guy's analysis! And I learned new "in context" facts that have not made CNN etal. I was even more impressed to learn it was posted 8/17/14 only a short time after the shooting. He correctly identifies media's responsibility for the twists and turns in Ferguson. The song I posted is about everybody listening to see what is really going on. Once the battlelines are drawn - no one listens - and eveyone reacts in fear, no matter the side. Going back to watch the 2 other videos. Thanks @LysanderShapiro.

Back