Problems for God to solve

What does 'be instant in season and out of season' mean?
The word in the original is
ἐπίστηθι
Which translates variously as

to stand upon, i.e. be present (in various applications, friendly or otherwise, usually literal); — assault, come (in, to, unto, upon), be at hand (instant), present, stand (before, by, over).

Which here, in turn means (I think) to be there with the expectation of service. We are not just passively standing around and willing, but actively looking for openings where we may show the applicability of the scriptures to the issues confronting those around us.

What does 'be instant in season and out of season' mean?
If you are a Christian, you are a “chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light” .

Whether we are speaking to a crowd or changing a tire, or taking care of our loved ones, we should “be ready in season and out of season” to declare His praises and His truth to a watching world.

Post your problems that you've relegated to the 'too hard basket' and ask for a miracle

Thankfully, I don't have many at the moment (am quite adept at problem solving as have been doing it so much in my own life) and other people's problems are THEIR problems...but if any are given to me I just give them back to God.
I prayed to God this for a miracle just this week to help me convey the importance of a simple set of principles and examples to help my 5 year old granddaughter understand simply enough how to go about her day. It’s working! God gave me an idea in which to use 3 simple words and we use them in order to help us navigate our responses and behaviours.
1. Safe. Is what we are about to say or do safe for you and others?
2. Helpful. Is what we are about to say or do helping or harming ourselves or others?
3. Better. Can what we have already done or said be made any better.

I’m going to try this for a week and see if it improves my granddaughters behaviours as she has a tendency like other small children to do clumsy things.

Paul was addressing Timothy as a teacher, I don't believe it would apply to librarians. Mum, would be your responsibility.
So why am I the ONLY one called to be a teacher?
?? Thankfully my sister was around but if she was not here I could not teach. Everyone else is off sick or broken their wrist or something.

Am I suppose to do TWO jobs at the same time and not get paid for any of it? I don't know.

How did Timothy get by and put food on the table? Or maybe he just didn't worry about that. Or bills or paying for gas or keeping a roof over his head, stuff I am supposed to worry about or think about.

Or maybe, that's dad's job? Thankfully he still has one. Then why am I supposed to have a paid job? I don't get it. Do church people actually get paid? At all??

It looks like I will have to do a job moonlighting again so I can teach during the day, but I don't have time to look for one. And the bills are piling up, though thankfully I am on the benefit so some income is coming in. It's just some people don't see a woman preaching the word, so I wonder what that's all about. Also I am NOT allowed to evangelise in school which I thought was the same as preaching.

Most of the Bible teachers are women in schools. I mean there are no men. At all. The men do other jobs. They don't tend to work in primary schools with children.

The other thing is I am not a teacher, I would rather be a librarian. If I was a teacher I would have gone to training college and done it all but that was not my path. Plus registration is expensive. I think they only picked me because there was nobody else everyone already had a job. Which means less librarians because you can't teach and be a librarian at the same time.

And confession, I hate being asked to teach for no reward (gas, food) when there are lots of retired christians with means who could do it and are just sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves...

Am I suppose to do TWO jobs at the same time and not get paid for any of it? I don't know.

How did Timothy get by and put food on the table? Or maybe he just didn't worry about that. Or bills or paying for gas or keeping a roof over his head, stuff I am supposed to worry about or think about.

Or maybe, that's dad's job? Thankfully he still has one. Then why am I supposed to have a paid job? I don't get it. Do church people actually get paid? At all??

There was a season when our expenses increased and our full time jobs was not enough. I prayed and asked the Lord about me getting a second job. I applied at a large retail store. Twice in the past they never responded to my applications but this time they called me. I went in and got hired on the spot. I gave the Lord thanks.

So, in the mornings I worked at my full time accounting job then drove to my part time job and worked till closing. In between I attended ministry. This lasted a few months, made the money necessary to pay down my expenses then gave gave my courtesy notice at the part time gig.

Whenever I looked for a job I researched the company’s profile, studying in college or seminary always at the library. It was a quiet atmosphere and I accomplished a lot. A former professor encouraged us students that the library was good. I agreed.

As far as teaching it builds character that impacts others by what we have learned and pass on whether we’re an educator, sports coach, job trainer, librarian or minister. I didn’t get paid for being a teacher but this is a reward that goes beyond.

As far as earning or needing extra money, the Lord always makes a way for us to fish and catch, in other words, God’s strength equipped me the time and labor to earn.

I’ve experienced working more than one job. It was worth it and thanked the Lord for giving me this opportunity.

If I have a full time paid job I won't be able to teach, unless it was actually a teachers job, though I'm not a registered teacher.
You have to have the registration.

I'm a qualified librarian (to masters level) and have teaching certificate in TESOL but not an actually teaching qualification with full registration. I don't want to be a full time teacher that is way too stressful.

But then I'm not paid enough to be a librarian. Its always between a rock and a hard place. It was good when I had two part time jobs that paid and were local.

I didn't like having what was practically 3 jobs in one full time and not being paid in the holidays when I could have done work and spread it out a bit.

I've always been a working woman unless I was sick I can't imagine NOT working and being a kept woman it might be nice for the first couple of years but then you feel trapped, unless you were kept in a gilded cage I suppose.

Back